Level One: The Sweet Boyfriend

Monsta GO!

  While the game is simple enough, something you could even call boring, Changkyun finds himself curled up against his pillow on the last sub-unit of level one. His thumb dashes across the screen in a flurry, connecting lines of bouquets and teddy bears. In the upper right corner of the screen a silhouette with a question mark cheers him on from time to time.

  'You can do it! Believe in yourself! I'm sure we'll be meeting real soon.'

  He wishes the game had a mute function. The background music plays at a set volume, cutesy going round in a loop. 

  Yawning, Changkyun wonders if he should keep playing. He's still tired, more than he was before, but as he gets closer and closer to beating the level he struggles to keep his eyes open. 

  Just before the counter on the bottom of the screen reaches full capacity his eyes close of their own accord. His finger moves a few more times, barely moving the collumn and allowing his points to start depleting. 

  

  Changkyun wakes up with a crick in his neck, sun in his eyes and arms around his waist.

  His eyes fly open upon that final thought but he doesn't dare move. What if it's a burglar? Or, maybe, just maybe, someone in the process of murdering him right now?

  Thankfully, his whirlwind thoughts are dispersed by a light snore and arms wrapping tighter around his waist. Whoever's behind him is bigger than he is, ruling out his sister or any other family members besides his father, but even then it couldn't be him - he was away for business and just wasn't the type. A friend? Changkyun wishes he could say so, but he doesn't actually have friends. He's closest with his sister and only interacts with people his age at school. Which means, whoever is hugging him right now and lying in his bed, is a stranger.

  Trying not to wake them up Changkyun slowly starts to turn around in their grip. He winces at the strain it puts on his neck, but ignores it for the time being. He has more important things to deal with.

  When he's fully turned around he's met with a crop of blonde hair and...that's about it. If Changkyun wants to see more he has to shift lower, because their head is tucked into his neck above his chest. Just as he's about to do that they tighten their hold and burrow until their head is under his chin.

  Changkyun sighs, not knowing what to do. 

  Even thought it seems like they haven't done anything to him in his sleep he couldn't be sure. Plus, it was a stranger! Red lights should be going off in his head, but the boy is tired and feels sleep invading his eyelids.

  Luckily enough, common sense kicks in and he starts to remove himself from their arms.

  He manages to pry one of them away before it tightens again, and he sighs once more, having enough of this struggle and resorting to using his legs. Changkyun, in a fit of teenage annoyance, is able to not only break away but kick the figure off his bed. 

  "Ow!"

  Flinching as he hears them land on the floor, quite hard in fact, Changkyun gathers himself to peer over the edge.

  He doesn't expect to meet the eyes of a man, a handsome one at that. Blinking, the boy takes in his features - pale skin, defined muscles and, wow, an eye color that certainly can't be real - and finds that he's at a loss for words. How did this guy end up in his bed?

  "Um, sorry?" he says, voice trailing up like a question because he doesn't need to apologize. After all, they're the one who trespassed into his room.

  "You should be sorry." is the reply, accompanied by a small pout that tugs at Changkyun's heart, just a little. He's usually never weak for the pouting act but this guy - whoever he is - pulls it off well. "All I wanted to do was cuddle."

  "Woah, stop right there. I don't even know you."

  "Of course you do!"

  Suddenly he's standing up, and Changkyun is reeling back to the middle of his bed. He doesn't want to stand up seeing as the other is definitely taller than him. Changkyun feels like his bed is the safest place to be, even though it's really not. 

  "What do you mean?" he sighs, exasperated and only now just coming down from his adrenaline rush. "I've never seen you in my life."

  "Yes, you have. I'm, I uh..."  They seem to be at a loss for words. Changkyun takes it as a chance to see what time it is, searching for his phone among the twisted comforter and plethora of pillows. When the sleek object is in his grasp he goes back to hearing what the man has to say, all the while contemplating whether or not he should dial the police. "Where I come from everything is pink and-there! That's what I'm talking about!"

  "Woah!"

  The man practically jumps on the bed, slamming into Changkyun's side by accident and reaching for the phone. Just like the night before, cutesy music pushes through the speakers as pink covers the expanse of his screen. 

  Changkyun blanches and stares at him. 

  "You're saying you're from the game?" he asks slowly, not liking the way the words taste in his mouth because that can't be possible.

  "Mm-hm." 

  Without words they take the phone out of Changkyun's hands and start going through the game. It takes a few moments for Changkyun to get annoyed, reaching out to take it back. 

  "Come on, just-"

  "Here!"

  Like his sister did earlier, he shoves the phone in the boy's face to show him what's on the screen. Scowling, Changkyun takes it out of his hand to peer down at the pixelated display. In middle of the top half of the screen is a face and below it a name, characteristics and something called an affection level. 

  "Hoseok?" he asks, looking up and staring at the man. 

  "That's my name."

  "You're joking."

  He pouts again, "No, I'm not."

  "Oh, yeah? Prove it to me."

  "How?"

  "I don't know! Do something that shows you're from the game."

  Changkyun thinks he's won, until the other is taking his wrists and pulling him closer. 

  "H-Hey! What are you do-"

  They put Changkyun's arms around their shoulders and the phone vibrates while making a 'ding!' noise. Scrambling back, he looks down to see a change in the game. The affection meter rose by ten points.

  Staring at the man who looks expectant he suddenly reaches out and pinches his arm.

  "Ow!"

  The phone vibrates again and plays a loud buzzing tone. The affection meter falls by five points.

  "You have got be kidding me."

  "I told you I'm not!"

  Their voice is far away, Changkyun trying to make sense of the situation as best as he can. How did they come out of the game? Why do they even exist in the first place? Why, oh why, did he let his sister download this to his phone?

  Changkyun's thoughts are too much, and he finds himself resting his head on Hoseok's shoulder by accident. 

  The phone vibrates ('ding!') and he groans.