Prologue: Tutorial

Monsta GO!

  "All you have to do is tap the screen and collect these little candies."

  "Sounds stupid."

  "Come on, Changkyun." she whines, kicking her legs up and down and staring him. The younger tries to ignore it as he focuses on the real game he's playing. For 30 minutes now his sister's been trying to compel him to play some new phone game that just came out. 

  He pauses his game when she doesn't stop looking. 

  "Why do you want me to play so bad?"

  "It's fun! Besides, it'll get you out of the house. You never leave 'cause you're too busy in your room."

  "Yeah, because it's my room."

  Mina rolls her eyes before shifting on the bed, sitting up to swing her legs over the edge. She brings the phone up to his face to show him the disgustingly baby pink title screen of something in Japanese characters. 

  "It's called Monsta GO!"

  "Why?"

  "I don't know. Anyways, you press play and type in your name and age to play. After that, all you have to do is tap the screen, like I said."

  When she tosses the object to him Changkyun finally realizes that it's own. 

  "You didn't have to download it on my phone." he grumbles, only peering at the screen one more moment before turning it off. Pushing it into his sweatshirt pocket he turns away to face the TV again and pick up his controller. 

  After a few minutes of continuing his game Mina sighs and stands. It seems she's given up. 

  "Promise me you'll at least try it."

  "Uh-huh."

  He doesn't look away from the television. 

  Huffing, Mina exits the room and shuts the door a little harder than necessary. Once she's gone Changkyun is fully focused on defeating the boss monster of the game...all the way until nighttime. 

  He turns off the console, only to glance outside and see that the sun's set.

  Changkyun is too lazy to brush his teeth or change his clothes, even get up from the floor. Instead, he leans his back against the foot of his bed and fishes his phone from his pocket. The screen comes to life in a second, displaying a bright 10:34 and a notification for his aunt's birthday. Bypassing them he unlocks it - only to find that horrid girly title screen. 

  Just as he's about to exit out of the game, forever, Changkyun hesitates.

  He's bored, and doesn't actually feel like sleeping just yet. Without much more convincing he taps the play button.