A Blessing and a Curse

Witch Hunt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I Can't wait to hold our little baby in my arms". King Kwangsoo caressed his wife's stomach tenderly.

"Your Majesty, will you love this child with all your heart?".

"Of course. This is our baby, and we will take care of her together with love and affection". The king got confused. He wondered why the Queen asked such an obvious question.

"My dear I'm sorry". She started crying.

"What's the matter with you love? Are you okay? Why are you crying? ". He wiped his woman's tears.

"Will you forgive me if I tell you that I've made a huge mistake?".

"Why are you asking me that? What you've done wrong, dear? Don't confuse me! ".

" Nothing. Just forget it. I won't ruin our happiness. All you have to know is I love you very much, my husband".

She could not tell her husband the truth and decided to keep her huge secret to herself.

***

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry for your loss. We could not save the mother". The physician told the King Kwangsoo.

"What? This can't be real. Tell me that's not true! tell me!". He could not control his temper.

"Pardon me, Your Majesty". He prostrated himself before the king with his face to the ground.

The king scurried into the delivery room to see his wife and the new born baby. He could not hold his tears and started wailing.

"My wife, why you do this to me? Why you leave me so soon? You promised me that we will take care of the child together. How could you break the promise?". He hugged his wife. He lamented over the loss of his beloved one.

He then slowly approached the little creature who's also crying for the death of her mother. It looked like she could feel the room filled with sadness.

"Aww my child, look at you. You're so beautiful. Don't cry baby. Father's here. We have lost the one we loved, but we can get through this together. I will take care of you". He held his little girl in his arms then planted a tender kiss on her.

***

10 years later

"Do it again! You have to focus Jiyeon - ah. Try to spell it correctly this time". Kwangsoo tutored his daughter in learning spells.

"The bird is in pain,  father. I can't heal the bird with that spells. It won't free it from suffering. I reckon I need a different spell". Then she casted a spell to the dying bird.

"I want this bird dead. Take the pain away and rest in peace. I want this bird dead. Kill the bird and end its suffering". Magically, the bird stopped moving. She made it. She took the pain away from the bird.

"Jiyeon - ah~ what did you just do to the bird?". He raised his voice.

"I've saved it, father". She answered.

"No Jiyeon ah, you killed it . we are not bad witches. We don't do black magic".

"I'm sorry father. I just wanted to help ". She said without showing any regrets.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter