Mystical Happenings

My Mystic Messenger

"Do you believe in fate?"

Zen looked up at Yoosung, surprised by the sudden question.

"Well...I guess sometimes...what's with the random question?" he asked.

The RFA members were gathered together at a local coffee shop, having an actual face-to-face meeting for once.

"It's nothing.....I was just thinking about what my future would be like..." Yoosung said, his fingers drumming on the table in front of him.

"Well, if this is about a GIRL, then please. Enlighten me about this young maiden you have fallen so hopelessly in love with." Luciel said leaning back on his chair while twirling a straw in his fingers.

"It's NOT about a girl!"

"Oho! Look! The gamer's getting flustered!" Jumin teased looking up from his phone.

"I am NOT flustered. And why are you watching security cameras of your home? That's so stupid!" Yoosung said defensively glaring at the older man.

"I'm simply being a good parent to my baby." Jumin said stiffly.

"Baby my . She sheds so much hair, I swear you could make a wig out of it." Jaehee grumbled under her breath, accidentally crushing a napkin drawing of Zen in her hand as her fingers instinctively curled into a tight fist.

"Why do you hate Elizabeth the 3rd so much? I love her so much I could hug her and die!" Luciel said hugging an imaginary Elizabeth.

"Don't you dare." Luciel cackled hearing the venomous tone in Jumin's voice.

"Man, if only Rika was her--" Luciel paused in mid-sentence sensing the tense vibes radiating off of Yoosung.

An awkward silence absorbed all the cheerful conversation that had once occupied the air.

"So....when's V gonna be here?" Zen asked, awkwardly breaking the silence.

"I don't know. He hasn't replied to any of my messages yet." Jumin said turning on his phone.

“Wait. Guys...there’s like four extra people in our chat.” Yoosung said panicking as he entered the RFA group chat.
“What nonsense are you spewing out now, Yoosung? I made our app impossible to hack. I bet someone just changed our names on your contact list or something.” Luciel said closing his eyes and ignoring Yoosung’s frantic movements.
“No, like REALLY. THERE ARE FIVE GIRLS IN OUR GROUP CHAT AND THEY’RE NOT US.” Yoosung shrieked staring at the group chat on his phone in disbelief.

The remaining four RFA members scrambled for their phones and entered the group chat.

zrUtCjJ.jpg0x841Tw.jpg4HCet3X.jpgpY2V2su.jpg23p8fsz.jpg5FpphrG.jpgVXsv4zX.jpgbzAx6tK.jpgI6tdBUC.jpg6IWS4eE.jpg4dEVg7P.jpg2HSAsho.jpgca4qO7p.jpgjRDh7SJ.jpgaA7NxZA.jpgCNLOnwx.jpgB49BO2P.jpgJ6SybKD.jpgfeeRtH7.jpgvYsQgm9.jpgWu3i7jf.jpgZnhrvqe.jpgTSCq6ls.jpgLlHf40m.jpgSUWKPEi.jpgWnb1rqm.jpg3iLS9T6.jpgchCdVOD.jpgLTD6H2q.jpgR208Dtc.jpgHa5QRTw.jpgl8ZqDwL.jpgg0yCsTc.jpg65osRPF.jpgiSduO24.jpgZasRpw3.jpg9fZisYM.jpg27rsU13.jpgueL2hfO.jpgiZGvodv.jpgDXFgIg2.jpg6407lvq.jpg5NYuk0i.jpg2ANme0k.jpg

"You guys are all traitors." Yoosung huffed, glaring specifically towards Zen who hadn't taken his side.
"Calm down Yoosung. You're not the maknae anymore, so no need to whine and be a baby. You're a COLLEGE STUDENT. Remember that." Jaehee chided returning with a second cup of coffee.
"But-but-but---" Yoosung stammered, unable to get the complaints out of his mouth.
"Shhh. Be a good boy and go over there and buy me a bag of those Honey Buddha Chips. I'll give you ₩5,000 to buy yourself one too." Luciel said waving a crisp ₩5,000 under Yoosung's nose. 
Sighing, Yoosung grabbed the money and stood up, leaving the older RFA members to themselves.
"Do you think he's going to be okay not being the maknae anymore?" Zen asked watching the sulky Yoosung trudge over to the counter.
"He's a COLLEGE STUDENT. He should have stopped acting like a baby a LONG time ago." Jaehee said scrolling through the pictures of Zen on her phone.
"Where do you think V went? I don't think he's been taking many pictures lately..." Luciel said leaning back in his chair and pushing the glasses up on his nose.
"He's been busy lately. Something about business." Jumin said staring intently at his phone. 
"Mr. Han, please stop staring at your stupid cat and just leave her be. She isn't sick, alright?" Jaehee sighed in annoyance as the trio watched Jumin tap on the screen of his phone frantically.
"It's not even like the creature can see him through the camera.,," Zen muttered under his breath, shivering as goosebumps traveled up his arms at the mention of the feline.
"EeLIZaBETHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Luciel made a dive for Jumin's phone as Yoosung returned with the Honey Buddha Chips. 
"Luciel. Get. Away. From. Her."  
The murderous look in Jumin's eyes caused Zen to burst into laughter.
"Dude, chill! She's at your HOUSE. I'm here in the CAFE. What makes you think I can get to the cutesy little kitty?" Luciel said retreating to his seat with a bag of Honey Buddha Chips.
"Share." Zen commanded sticking a hand out.
"Why?"
"Because I'm fabulous and if you don't I can steal that bag from you and eat it all by myself without sharing with you or anyone else seated here at this table." Zen said having a staring/glaring contest with Luciel.
Huffing, Luciel sat back down in his seat. "Fine. But I get 75% of the contents inside the bag."
Agreeing, Zen opened the bag and took out a handful of the delicate goodies inside.
"You guys are so immature. I don't understand how I'm still a part of RFA when there are idiots like you in it." Jaehee said shaking her head in disapproval. 
"But Zen is still cool...." Jaehee said in the back of her mind.

"Back to my question though, do you believe in fate?" Yoosung asked Jaehee as Zen and 707 fought over the Honey Buddha Chips next to him.
"Fate? I don't really think such a thing exists, to be honest. My parents died when I was a kid. I was sent to live with my uncle who barely took care of me. If there's such a thing as fate, then I guess I'd have lived a better life." Jaehee said absentmindedly drawing another portrait of Zen on a napkin.
"What about you, Jumin Hyung?" Yoosung asked, hoping that he'd get some sort of a wise answer out of the older.
"My fate is to love and cherish Elizabeth the 3rd." Jumin said drinking his coffee without tearing his eyes off of his phone.
Shaking his head, Yoosung slouched in his seat.
Not a single serious answer from any of the RFA members. Why wouldn't they take him seriously?
"Well, I think I'm just gonna go home and play LOLOL. It's been a stressful day." Yoosung said grabbing his beloved hoodie from the chair.
"Stop playing video games and study for once. And wear something other than that nasty hoodie. You wear that all the time." Jaehee said acknowledging his leave.
"I DO NOT!" Yoosung cried defensively as he stole a Honey Buddha Chip from 707.
"YOU DO TOO. DO YOU WANT PROOF? I HAVE EVERY SELCA YOU SENT IN THE GC IN MY PHOTO ALBUM AND YOU'VE WORN THE SAME HOODIE IN OVER 90% OF THEM. AND DON'T STEAL MY HONEY BUDDHA CHIPS! THEY'RE MINEEEEE"
Sighing, Jumin stood up and slipped on his blazer. 
"Well, I'm leaving. I have to go take Elizabeth the 3rd to the veterinarian. She has an appointment and those hairballs are not looking healthy. Good day to you all." he said standing up.
"I swear Jumin and that Yeon girl are the same person." Zen whispered to Jaehee, who flushed a bright red colour.
"I think Yoosung is extremely jealous that Sara's the new maknae." 707 whispered, joining the conversation as the trio watched Jumin and Yoosung leave the cafe.
They watched as Jumin hailed a taxi for Yoosung and called his chauffeur to take him home. 
Sighing, Jaehee leaned back in her chair and set her coffee down on the table. 
"Well, I think it's time for me to get back to the office. Even if Mr. Han leaves to take care of that devil-cat, I have to go back to work or I'll be fired by tomorrow. I'll chat with you two later in the group chat." Jaehee said bending over to pick up her suitcase. 
"Bye Jaehee!" 707 and Zen shouted waving at her as she hailed a taxi and left.
An awkward silence enveloped 707 and Zen as the two were finally left to battle eachother alone.
"They're mine. Don't you dare touch them." Luciel said, his eyes narrowing as he watched Zen's fingers slowly crawl towards the bag.
Smirking, Zen leaned forward. "Watch me." 
The worker behind the counter watched the two grown men squabble over the bag of chips and shook her head. Closing time for lunch would definitely be pushed back a couple of hours at this rate.
Clearing , she stepped around the counter and towards the two males.
"Excuse me, could you please take this outside? We have to close soon."
She watched the two apologize hurriedly before making a run for the door, each with one hand on the bag of chips.
She shook her head at the absurd sight and switched the sign around to 'closed' as she made her way to the back of the store.
"...Did they say her name was Jaehee? Nah....I'm sure there are other Jaehees in South Korea." Hyesun murmured, slipping the apron off of her neck and hanging it on the wall peg.
"Yeah. There are definitely tons of Jaehees in South Korea. I doubt it's her."