The Goblin and the Tiger

My Truesome Twice OTP Story

6 months later

Seoul National University Hospital

 

Jihyo drop by to the hospital and visit Mina. Mina is lying in a coma for 6 months.

Mina had an accident due to the hit and run. She was run over by a car while she was in a hurry to meet up with Nayeon.

Jihyo just came from work after picking up Chaeng from Nayeon's home.

Chaeng feels very lonely when her mother is not present. When it comes to her father taking care of her, she's very calm.

Both Jihyo and Chaeyoung are feeling lonely when the mother is not present.

 

Chaeng feels the atmosphere differently. When she's with her biological parents Mina omma and Jihyo appa, she seems more happier by giving a lot of attention. When she's with her Jihyo appa, Chaeng loves her appa's aegyo. When she's with her Mina omma, she love to listen to her omma's sweet and soft voice. When she's with Nayeon omma and Momo appa, she seems react differently especially when Chaeyoung being fussy about what she eats. When Chaeyoung with Nayeon omma, Nayeon won't have a problem by feeding Chaeyoung's favourite fruit flavour strawberry and can easily listen to her. When she's with Momo appa, she used to pull her nose because she thinks Momo appa is like a real life raccoon. Nayeon and Momo regards Chaeyoung as their own daughter.

 

Chaeng has grown to 10 months old and Nayeon sent her daughter Dubu to the daycare and she decided to send Dubu together with Chaeng to the daycare once Chaeng grows older by 10 months old and above.

 

When someone walks in to Mina's ward, it was Doctor Lee Luda. Luda goes for an observation time on Mina.

Jihyo was surprised, "Omo! It's you Dr. Smol!" Luda giggled.

 

Lee Luda is one of Park Jihyo's same age classmate during college. Luda is usually quiet and friendly. When it comes to sizes, Luda don't care about what other people think of her small size. Jihyo and Luda are on the same boat since both of them are small. Nonetheless, Jihyo is the one who introduce Dawon to Luda. Jihyo says that Nam Dawon is one of the most popular cheerleader in campus. Luda was very shy to ask Dawon out on date. Jihyo give the courage to Luda and try to approach her. When it comes to Luda, Dawon finds that Luda is cute despite being tiny. Somehow, Jihyo set them up on a date at her father's cafe.

 

Back in the current present day, the small doctor Luda puts on the stethoscope and check on Mina's heartbeat. Mina's heartbeat is beating fast which means Mina is still alive. Luda sees the screen of Mina's monitor.

Mina was breathing. However, Mina's hand is moving a bit. When Mina open her eyes, she woke up from her coma. Mina looks at the surrounding and she doesn't know what is going on.

Jihyo look surprised, "Mina yeobo, you're awake!" Jihyo was carrying the sleeping tiger cub Chaeng.

When Jihyo tries to approach Mina, the Japanese girl starts to react differently, "Who are you? Why am I here?"

Jihyo look at her wife and communicate in Japanese, "Daijobu Myoui Mina?"

Mina looks frightened at Jihyo, "Is Myoui Mina my name?"

Luda calms Jihyo and bring her out, "Park Jihyo, it seems like your wife Mrs Park Myoui Mina had suffered amnesia. Memory lost due to the accident."

Jihyo became speechless. "Why are you suddenly so quiet?", Luda questions Jihyo as she kept quiet.

Jihyo couldn't say anything and the baby woke up from her sleep.

"Ah!", the tiger cub Chaeng makes a sound.

"Chaeng ah, you're awake! You want to see your omma!", said Jihyo as she carries the small girl.

Jihyo knows how to get Mina to remember her. She shows their daughter Chaeng to Mina, "Mina, our daughter Chaeng woke up from her nap!"

Mina looks at her baby and she lift up the tiger cub Chaeng. Mina doesn't seem to remember a thing by carrying the small child, "Since when I have daughter?"

Chaeng tried to get her mother's attention but Mina doesn't recall anything at all. "I don't know."

Jihyo tries to help Mina remember a thing, "Mina, you're Park Myoui Mina! You married me and that's how we have our daughter Park Chaeyoung."

Chaeng looks at her confused mother. Mina is still confused and says, "I don't know who am I!"

Inside Mina's head, she remembers something, "I...gave...birth....to...her. The...name...Park...Chaeyoung!"

Jihyo look at her wife and still recalls, "Mina, you gave birth to our daughter Chaeng."

 

Flashback

 

Luda calls Jihyo to look at her newborn baby, "Mrs Park Jihyo, come in and look at your newborn baby."

Jihyo enters when there's Nayeon and Momo outside, "I'm going to see my newborn baby!"

Jihyo takes a closer look at her newborn baby with the aegyo tone, "Annyeong! This is your appa!"

Seconds later, Jihyo looks worried and ask Luda, "Tell me! Is the baby going to be alright?"

Luda tells her not to worry too much, "Don't worry! There's a chance for the newborn baby that will survive!"

"Please pray for me to save the baby and your wife!"

Jihyo prays for her newborn baby daughter and her wife to safety.

Luda checks the newborn baby's heart with her stethoscope and it's breathing normally, "Wow! Little one, your heart is good."

Luda checks on Mina and she's unconscious after giving birth to the baby.

Luda calls for Jihyo, "Come inside! Your baby is okay. You can take a look!"

Jihyo looks at her newborn baby upclose and lift up the child, "This is your appa! I know what to call you!"

Jihyo names her newborn baby with her aegyo tone, "You are Park Chaeyoung! Your face is like a tiger!"

The baby smiles at her appa.

 

 

When flashback ended

 

Luda was being called by her senior doctor Taeyeon, "Let me take care of Mina for you. Lee Luda, come and attend Choi Yuna and her wife Sojung because their daughter Choi Yewon needs a checkup now."

Luda bows and excuse herself, "Ok. I'm going to attend them immediately if you excuse me. Thank you for your time."

When Luda leaves the ward, Taeyeon take a slow approach at Mina, "Mrs Park Myoui Mina, are you feeling much better?"

"But Dr. Kim, she can hardly remember anything.", said Jihyo as she lift up the sleeping tiger cub Chaeng.

"I see. Regain her memory is gonna take longer time after the accident.", said Taeyeon as she place her hand in her pocket.

"Due to her amnesia, I think it's better for her to stay here in the meantime for observation or maybe another week. For now Park Jihyo, you may go home now. Remember to eat properly and sleep well because your health comes first.", Taeyeon suggested Jihyo to go home first. Jihyo nods her head.

 

Meanwhile, the Choi couple Sowon and Yuju when Sowon carrying the baby goblin Umji approach to Luda, "Omuji! Come here little goblin! Let Dr. Lulu check your heartbeat!"

Sowon pass the baby to the smol doctor, "Omuji, doctor mouse will check your heartbeat."

Yuju kiss their beloved youngest daughter Umji on the cheek and the goblin smile, "Muah! Omma and appa loves you for your bravery."

The doctor proceeds with the check up and use the stethoscope to check on the baby goblin's heartbeat, "Omo! I can hear it. Your heartbeat is normal." The baby seems calm like her usual self.

"Time to check your body temperature!", Luda takes out her thermometer and place it on the baby goblin's armpit.

Sowon and Yuju smiles proudly, "That's our little goblin."

When Luda removes the thermometer, Umji's temperature is normal, "The temperature is normal by 36.7°C and Umji is still looking healthy." Luda pass the 18 months old baby goblin to Yuju.

"Omuji, you are healthy as always and a good girl. That's why omma and appa loves you." Yuju caresses the baby and smiles at her father.

Luda finished her appointment as the couple goes home, they ran into Jihyo and Chaeng. "Omo! It's you Jihyo!"

"Hello Chaeng! It's been awhile!", said Yuju and she shows Umji to Chaeng.

"Oh Yuju! Anyways, Chaeng ah, say hello to Choi Yewon!", Jihyo grab the tiger's smol hand by waving at Umji.

Sowon uses aegyo to Umji by grabbing the goblin's smol hand, "Umji yah, say hello to Park Chaeyoung! Chaeyoungie tiger!" That makes both of the babies smile.

When Chaeng the little tiger cub looks at the goblin's face, she laughs for joy, "Hehe!"

Sowon looks at the goblin's face, "Omo! Umji yah, the tiger cub Chaeng wants to be your friend."

The little goblin looks very eager to befriend with the tiger cub Chaeng.

Jihyo smiles at the goblin when her little tiger cub wants to get closer to the goblin, "Is that so, Chaeng ah?" Jihyo gave a cute aegyo to her cub.

"Anyways, you wanna hang out at the cafe?", Yuju asked by suggesting. The minute their baby goblin Umji looks excited, "Hehehehe!"

Sowon gave a cute grin on her youngest daughter Umji, "Aigoo! You want to hang out with Park Chaeyoung! Of course you do!"

Jihyo agrees as she wants her daughter Chaeng to get closer to the goblin. "Let's meet up at the cafe tomorrow!"

Sowon let's her husband Yuju take their daughter Omuji, "Yuju ah, you can take Omuji out for a walk as long as she want."

Yuju agrees with her wife, "Okay yeobo! As long as omma agrees. Am I right Omuji?" Yuju snuggles onto her cheek of her daughter.

 

When that Jihyo brought Chaeng home, the baby tiger is sleeping peacefully and Jihyo sleep next to Chaeng. "Chaeng ah, I promise you that your omma will comeback to us!"

 

The next day, heading to Jihyomas Express Cafe, Jihyo doesn't have to worry about a thing. The most important part for Jihyo is to raise Chaeng properly. Chaeng's mood usually being quiet sitting next to the father who is driving the car.

Meanwhile arriving at the cafe, Jihyo brought Chaeng to the cafe and spotted Yuju playing with Umji. 

"Hey, Yuju ah!"

"Jihyo ah!"

Both give aegyo to each other by grabbing their kids' small hands, "Say hello!"

Both kids start to laugh, "Hehehe!"

Their kids are enjoying the time with the fathers even the cafe isn't busy at all. They had a chitchat, drink coffee and then enjoy their time with their kids.

Their fathers grab the goblin and the tiger and wanna bring the kids for a walk.

They bring the kids to the playground where there's slide.

Yuju hold onto her daughter Umji and slide down, "Let's go down! WEEEEEE!"

The goblin laughed, "Hehehe!"

Jihyo hold onto her tiger Chaeng and slide down, "Woohoo Chaeng! We're going down!"

The tiger start to laugh, "Hehehe!"

Jihyo brought Chaeng and place the tiger cub on the spring rider of a tiger, "Come along Chaeng!"

Jihyo let Chaeng move a little as the spring rider moves slowly, "Fun huh!" Chaeng became more excited as she moves a little quicker.

Jihyo speaks as she lift up the tiger cub, "Aigoo! Chaeng ah, you love it!" Chaeng quickly giggled as she laugh, "Hehehe!"

Yuju lift up Umji as the little goblin laugh, "Hehehe!" Yuju give the silly face at her youngest daughter, "You're having fun, aren't you Omuji?"

Both fathers take their kids and they sat on the bench. Both kids are being quiet as the fathers hold them tight.

"Jihyo, how is that Miguri?", Yuju asked.

Jihyo shook her head, "Not good! Her amnesia is not stable. I just got a message from my mother-in-law!"

Jihyo explained how it happened. "Right from the beginning, my parents love Mina as their daughter-in-law! For my parents in-law from Japan my father-in-law, he likes me but my mother-in-law doesn't like me! My mother-in-law disapprove me. Anytime if anything happen to Mina, she wants to take Chaeyoung away from me and get Mina to divorce me."

Yuju replies as she disagrees, "No! That's not gonna happen! You can't let your mother-in-law take Chaeng from you! You as a parent must protect Chaeng!"

Jihyo agrees to Yuju, "You're right! I'm willing to fight for my right! I will love Chaeng even Mina no matter what happens!"

Yuju ask Jihyo as she doesn't know, "Can I ask you? Why does your mother-in-law disapprove you?"

Jihyo explain about what happened, "My mother-in-law wanted Mina to marry Momo because the Myoui and the Hirai are good friends. Remember that Momo our friend, almost marries Mina until Nayeon's mother found out that Momo got Nayeon pregnant. That's why Mina chose to end her relationship with Momo. Mina manages to convince Momo as they are nothing but platonic friends. To end the bad situation, Mina and I confronted Nayeon unnie to marry Momo."

Yuju try to cheer Jihyo up, "Jihyo, no matter what happens, you tried everything to make up with your mother-in-law. One day Miguri will recover from amnesia and comeback to you. Not only that, you shall raise Chaeng on your own and you got support from me, Seungwan, Exy, Nabongs, and others."

Jihyo agreed when Yuju encouraged her, "So true!" Jihyo thanks Yuju for the encouragement, "Thanks for helping me! I don't know how to repay you! I won't forget this as a parent to my daughter even never forget my yeobo Miguri."

 

Jihyo heard the motivation from Yuju and agrees to move on. Jihyo raises Chaeyoung slowly as days has gone by.

One step ahead, not only Jihyo raising her daughter Chaeng by her own, Jihyo was proud of Chaeng as Chaeng learns how to stand up and walk on her own two feet. Chaeng became friends with Umji, Yuju's daughter.

Slowly, Jihyo spent some time with her tiger cub Chaeng. Jihyo reads Chaeng a story on the storybook about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Humpty Dumpty, Three Little Pigs and more.

 

A month later has gone by, Jihyo was at the café and receives a phone call, "Yoboseyo!"

It was Dr. Kim Taeyeon, "Miss Park, you wanna hear this! Good news and bad news!"

Jihyo takes a deep breath as she asked the good news, "I wanna hear good news first!"

"The good news is your wife is in a good condition and about to be discharge today.", said Dr. Kim Taeyeon.

"OK doc! What's the bad news?", Jihyo asked.

"The bad news is her memory hasn't fully recover. It takes a longer time to figure out how to get her memory back.", said the short doctor.

Taeyeon adds up, "One more thing more bad news more like the worst news!"

Jihyo asked on the phone, "What do you mean?"

"The worst news is Mina."

"Huh! Why?", Jihyo asked.

"To make things worst, Mina goes berserk as she attack one of my fellow doctors and keeps calling for you 'Jihyo, Jihyo!' You better get over here and take Mina home before more chaos keeps happening in the hospital.", said Dr. Kim Taeyeon as she dealt with the situation.

"OK I finished my work and I have to go to hospital right now. Thanks for informing!", said Jihyo as she hang up her phone.

Wendy comes to the office and Jihyo was about to leave, "Wendy ah, I gotta go! I'm picking up Mina from hospital and she's discharge today!"

Wendy winks at her boss, "Yes Boss! I got your back! Anyways, wish for Mina's recovery!"

Jihyo quickly gets in the car, "Aigoo! Mina's memory only remembers me!"

Jihyo goes to Taeyeon at Mina's ward and pick her wife up.

Jihyo smiles at Mina as the younger Japanese girl hugs Jihyo, "Jihyo ah!"

"Mina, do you miss me so much as I do?", said Jihyo.

"Jihyo, I think it's better if I speak to you!", Taeyeon called.

Jihyo approach to the doctor, "What is it?"

"It's better for you to keep your close eyes on her! The slower you give her therapy, the better she will slowly regain her memory!", said Taeyeon.

Jihyo agrees, "It's OK! I'll try to get her recover. That's not gonna be a problem! Thanks by the way!"

Jihyo takes Mina home and Jihyo had to hold her hand, "It's better if I hold you! We're going to pick up our daughter Chaeng!"

Mina suddenly ask, "Eh! We have a daughter!?"

Jihyo says in her thoughts, "It's not gonna be easy!"

Jihyo open the door of the car for Mina and Mina hops in as Jihyo goes to the driver's seat.

Jihyo drives and go to the daycare. Jihyo has to take a slow step to communicate with Mina, "Mina, our daughter is in a daycare under Hyojung and Soul!"

"Oh! What's her name again? I mean our daughter?", Mina got confused and asked.

Jihyo reply politely she feels that Mina's condition is not stable, "Our daughter's name is Park Chaeyoung!"

Mina smiles, "Oh, such a sweet name!"

Jihyo smiles as drive slowly to the daycare.

 

After fetching their 11 months old daughter Chaeng, they reached home and Jihyo opened the door as she inserted the house key.

Mina was carrying the tiger cub Chaeng and give a glance at her tiger, "Chaeng ah, you're so cute just like me!"

Chaeng laughs as she giggled, "Hehehe!"

Jihyo sat down on a couch in the living room and Mina joined her 'husband'.

Mina play with her finger and playfully touch Chaeng on the nose, "You cute little tiger!"

Chaeng giggled when her mother plays with her. Jihyo see them smile.

 

When suddenly, a door bell rings.

"DING DONG!"

"Knock knock!" Jihyo gets up as she goes to the door and see the monitor when she heard that voice, "That voice, could that be?"

Jihyo open the door and much to her surprise, "Hey, Jeongyeon ah, Sana yah!"

The Yoo couple came to visit the Park Fam. Sana was carrying a sleeping baby.

 

This is Delight Author-nim! Sorry I need more time on this fanfic. I'm stressed especially when I'm working even I have social anxiety and depression. Sorry, its been very long I never have time to write this fanfic.