Chapter 4

Slow And Steady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae is humming cheerily while driving to Han River. Dara, sitting on the passenger seat, is staring at the road a head, she doesn’t make any sound at all, she sat there as if she’s a ghost. 

 

Donghae glanced at her for a bit then he focused on the road. “So tell me who this Jae guy is” he said in a jolly way. Dara didn’t bother to even glance at him, she cleared and answered him. “It doesn’t matter” she said in a flat bored tone. Donghae sounds like a mom right now to Dara, he’s been throwing a lot of questions as if it was her first day of school. He’s just so excited for Dara, this is something new to her and this is a first step to convince her to go out more.

 

Dara eyed him for a bit and started to fidget. A weird habit that she does when she’s under some stress. “I-I wanna act a-again” she said quietly. Donghae stopped on his tracks, his jaw slightly dropped. He got excited a bit and said “that’s really good Dara!! Definitely, you can start acting again! I can help you out!”. He said in optimism. Dara bowed down and she slightly curved her lips to smile. She’s fidgeting in a faster rate now as she is nervous. 

 

“I saw that smile!” Donghae said with a wide grin on his face.

 

“No, you didn’t, idiot.” 

 

“Haha I did and it was adorable” he keep on grinning like a dog.

 

Dara’s face turns beet red, she’s so embarrassed right. She cringed in and covered her face with her long hair. “Hey, there’s no need to be embarrassed” he said in assurance. He couldn’t help but to smile, he feels this warm fuzzy feeling inside, he never saw Dara smiled in years and he forgot how her smiles made him feel when he saw her acting on stage. His phone mounted on his dashboard started ringing, Dara saw the caller ID and it was ‘Ms. Im’. Donghae swiped to decline the call and focused on his driving. After a few seconds he received a text from the same ID, 

 

Ms Im: We need to talk. It’s urgent. 

 

Donghae parked the car in the nearby coffee shop. “Wait a sec” he said to Dara as he’s dialing. 

 

“Hello?”

 

(“we need to meet up, it’s pretty urgent. Are you around XY building?”)

 

“It’s a 3 minute drive from where I am right now”

 

(“Good, let’s meet up right now”)

 

“Yoona, I have other plans for today” Dara’s heart skipped a bit when she heard the name Yoona. Is she the same Yonna? No, it’s impossible. She thought to herself 

 

(“More important than our wedding? And also stocks are dropping so you better hurry up, your PR team is a disaster.”)

 

“Fine, I’ll see you in 10 minutes”

 

(“Okay”) she hang up. 

 

“Dara, I’m really really sorry.” Donghae felt sorry and stupid. He was really looking forward to this activity with Dara but he really felt like it’s urgent, the company has been performing bad lately due to some leaked information from his data base. How much he wants to help Dara, he still have a company to save. Dara nodded and felt a bit disappointed but that didn’t bother her much as she felt disappointed most of her life. 

 

“I’ll go now” she said and moved outside. Donghae offered her some money for the taxi and she declined. She quickly turned her back without saying any words to him, not even a good bye. 

 

Donghae is really pissed at his self right now. He banged his stirring wheel out of frustration and accidentally honked at the cars in front of him. He was in love with Yoona for 4 years, but she kept on rejecting him until his feelings fade away. The old Donghae might be the happiest man alive if he’s in the new Donghae’s position. The wedding is purely business, if they won’t become partners, the new TV station and streaming site Donghae is trying to make will flop. He knows really well that artists from KIM ent will boost and can accumulate fans. He doesn’t even know why he’s doing all of these, he just want to honor his family’s legacy but what he’s doing right now just drains him a lot. He wasn’t the original heir, his old brother was, but he ran away to Europe to follow his dream, to be an artist. Life is really unfair to Donghae, growing up, he was the least favorite so he would do anything to get his parents’ attention, he wasn’t great at academics and don’t really have talent while his brothers got everything he never had. Sometimes he would think that maybe he’s adopted. 

 

Dara is walking aimlessly around a city she’s not familiar with, a lot changed within 15 years and she couldn’t even comprehend it. People’s heads are stuck on their phones, everyone’s fashionable, somehow she felt embarrassed about wearing a plain white tshirt and jeans. She was about to approach a lady in the streets to ask for the nearest station but before she could speak, the lady gave her a cold shoulder and co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter