I don't like makeup.

Falling in Love (with a beauty guru)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seulgi doesn't know why her friend Wendy likes makeup tutorials so much. She's already pretty enough natural. 'But I want to become prettier!' Is what the girl says when she asks why she has such obsession. It's not like Wendy even does her makeup, all she does is lip tint and a bit of eyeliner. 

Seulgi was on her phone while Wendy watched away on her laptop her favorite makeup guru. "Do you think they get paid for doing this?"   

She rolled her eyes at the clueless girl. "Yes, they get paid by certain products and it's possible they don't even use them. And yes, they get paid for making videos."

"Why won't you watch with me?" Wendy whined from her bed. 

They shared a dorm room to save money and since they studied the same thing it was convenient for the both of them. They could study together for exams or even plan how they would copy if the forget an answer. It was fun to be with Wendy, she was tranquil, didn't like to go and get drunk like probably the rest of the girls on campus. 

"I don't like make up." 

"But you'll look so pretty with makeup on." 

"Drop it, not interested." She scrolled through her Instagram, liking pictures from relatives and friend that were still in high school. "Also, don't want to clog my pores with useless stuff." 

"It's not useless!"

Seulgi sighed and locked her phone. "Wendy, our skin is clear why do you need foundation and concealer?"

Wendy shrugged. "It's cool."

"Sure." 

Wendy just ignored her and put her earphones back in. Seulgi was not interested in makeup whatsoever, she preferred natural beauty or ... just natural self there's nothing beautiful about her. She doesn't like the heavy feeling of creamy foundation or the dryness of powder. She also doesn't like eyeliner, it's time consuming and well, just no. 

She's fully aware that makeup gurus are just fake, they use their beauty to their advantage and act like they would be your friend but not really. They get paid for it, for standing in front of a camera a shoving products down your throat and make you buy them. More than half of the products don't even work. Products to stop acne? Psh, just eat healthy and drink lots of water, it worked for her. Just because you feel like it's working doesn't mean it is, it's just drying out your skin.

Makeup is just another form of being fake in Seulgi's eyes. You're a whole different person with makeup on, when you take it off it's like 'whoa is that really you?'

She could go on and on on why she thinks makeup is stupid and why Wendy is even stupider to believe what some internet girl says proceeding to waste money on products she doesn't need. One day she'll ruin her face and she'll be sorry. 

All Seulgi did to her face was apply moisturizer and nothing else cause everything else is useless. 

"She said toners are a must! I have no toners." Wendy said pouting.

"You don't need that."

"But-"

"Honestly, just look in a mirror and ask yourself if you really need all of this." Seulgi sighed opening her phone once again. She'd just watch her favorite youtuber, Pewdiepie. His girlfriend is annoying to her but pewds on his own is awesome. She also liked to see gameplay, she likes video games and comedy. He's both of them so it's cool.

She plugged in her earphone and started to binge watch his videos. You'd say it's the same thing as Wendy when she says she likes Pewdiepie but honestly she didn't waste her money on games. 


Later that day they had literature so they had to get ready and stop procrastinating. "You ready Wendy?"

"In a minute!" 

When said girl exited the bathroom looking like a raccoon Seulgi wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. "You're not going out like this."

"Why not?" 

"Are you perhaps blind? Your entire eyelids are black, I don't even know where your eyebrows are."

Wendy deflated and pouted. "Why am I not as talented as her?" She complains marching her way into the bathroom to remove the mess she made on her face. 

"Don't be so disappointed, one day you'll be good." Seulgi said encouraging her friend.

"Hey did you know that a pretty girl like you can be even prettier if you wore makeup?" Wendy said going out of the bathroom again rubbing her eyes to get the stubborn black out of her eyes. 

"We've gone through this already, I don't like makeup." 

"Okay." 


While walking to campus they talked about the assignments they needed to turn in. Besides makeup Wendy was an intelligent girl, she was like a walking Wikipedia. There was no need for her to study that much because she retained so much information while listening to classes. Those were qualities Seulgi envied about her but either way Wendy let her copy if she forgot anything. 

"You know I finished that paper in like ten minutes." 

"Good for you I was working on it the whole week." Seulgi said unimpressed. 

"I don't mind helping you Seulgi, why don't you ask me?"

"No." 

Everything went fine in class, Wendy obviously scored higher than her but it's was fine cause she got a B and she was more than happy with that. Their other professor was stupid he only talked about his life she doesn't even know how she's passing cause she just passes out in the middle of a rant. 

They went out of the classroom with Seulgi stretching her arms above her head making her bones crack in the process. She hates those stupid chairs they make them sit on, if you want students to pay more attention put some damn cushions on those seats. Her bum was hurting and her back was aching, the only thing she could think of now was food. How does pain and food relate? Food is the answer to everythi

Please log in to read the full chapter