How To Hold Hands And Get Away With It

How To Hold Hands And Get Away With It

title: How to hold hands and get away with it

au: fluff, crack, non!au, canon

drabble, 691 words

a/n: inspired by that godforsaken kyungsoo and chanyeol's hand holding in that recent airport photo i was s h o o k and t r i g g e r ed

 

 

 

 

 

Leaning against the wall, Sehun takes loud slurps of his bubble tea, the sound echoing around the room as the other members bustle about cleaning up the dorm.

Rarely helping out around the dorm, Sehun is in charge of being dead weight and unhelpful commentary, sometimes even surpassing Baekhyun’s snark. A talent he executed well enough around Chanyeol and Kyungsoo that very afternoon.

His hyungs move around him like little blurry tornadoes of pale skin and fluffy hair, picking up discarded take outs and dirty laundry from every surface of the dorm. As Minseok and Jongdae take charge of cleaning the walls and vacuuming, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are left with the chore of arranging furniture and putting things away.

As Kyungsoo and Chanyeol subconsciously both pick up the same vase, Sehun pipes up.

“Kyungsoo-hyung…have you ever noticed how small your hands look next to Chanyeol-hyung’s?”

Kyungsoo looks back at him with a blank expression. “My what?”

Chanyeol makes a choking sound and lets go of the vase immediately, opting instead to glare at Sehun before turning around and tidying something else up.

Sehun is unfazed by Chanyeol’s bulging eyes and instead answers Kyungsoo’s earlier question. He brings up his free hand and does a little wave with his thin fingers. “Your hands. They’re small. Like you.”

Kyungsoo grunts at the snide comment against his height and threatens to throw the vase at him.

“Instead of commenting on my body parts, Oh Sehun, why don’t you help out around here? The dorm inspectors are coming in any minute and we’re all going to be dead if they catch the state our dorm is in.” He turns his back on Sehun while he speaks, placing the vase down after dusting it, immediately moving over to the next shelf to fix the stack of books.

“I’d rather not; there are already too many hands at work.” Sehun sips his bubble tea and walks away nonchalantly, obviously giving no s.

Kyungsoo curses under his breath and vows to make his dinner tasteless later tonight.

 

 

 

 

“Are my hands really that big?” Chanyeol muses when they’re inside their shared dorm room later that evening, turning his palm up and over.

“What?” Kyungsoo asks, a little deaf as he’s scrubbing the wetness off his hair with a white fluffy towel.

“I said,” Chanyeol repeats, standing at his full height and towering over Kyungsoo when he moves in front of him. “Are my hands that big.” He accentuates that sentence by all but shoving his palm against Kyungsoo’s face once he lifts his head up, going cross eyed as he stares at Chanyeol’s palm.

“I—“ he moves his head back and glances at the other’s earnest facial expression first before taking a good serious look at his palm.

Kyungsoo notices that it is indeed rather large in size. He looks Chanyeol in the eye. “It is, but isn’t that normal since you’re a big guy?”

Chanyeol finally pulls his hand back, a pout still in place as he glances at Kyungsoo’s hand still holding on to the towel. “Hey let me see your hand!”

Chanyeol grabs his hand without any other warning, slightly rough skin suddenly in contact with each other.

He turns Kyungsoo’s hand over then places his palm flat against his, his demeanor changing in a blink of an eye when he notices the difference in size.

Kyungsoo has to clear his throat twice before Chanyeol hears him, too busy staring intently at their lined up hands. “Um…Chanyeol—“

Chanyeol laces their fingers.

“Perfect.”

“…”

Chanyeol squeezes their intertwined hands together, a goofy smile in place as he looks at Kyungsoo. “Doesn’t this feel nice Kyungsoo?”

“But its—“

“This way, I don’t feel as overwhelmed that my hands are too big. Fitting it with yours balances it up. Thanks.” He grins that wide toothy smile of his, bringing their hands up before placing a light smack on the back of Kyungsoo’s hand.

Kyungsoo’s cheeks heat up and he glances away, giving up and letting Chanyeol get away with holding his hand.

“Yeah…this feels great.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: IM SCREAMING THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WHAT HAPPENED