Part 1

FRIENDSHIP GONE...RIGHT???

Donghyuck keep denying the feeling that keep borthering him lately. It's not that he's not used to it but he's the one who started it first. Hugging and being annoying are his habit. Yuta even warning him that one day he will punches him but that won't stop him.

Until one day, "Will you ever stop Lee Donghyuck! Stop being immature. You starting to piss me off now! Get the out of my room!" That sharp words come from Mark's mouth make him stop immediately. Yuta and Taeil who's playing inside their share room also stop playing.

"I'm so sorry.."

"Sorry?! Don't say that word if you never meant it. Or if you going to do it again later! Grow up!"

"Yah Mark Lee, why are you so mad? He's just joking. Chill okay?" It's feel unsual for Yuta, out of NCT 127 members backing up Donghyuck being annoying. He's the one who always support those who want to strangle Donghyuck if he's teasing s. But not today, not when Donghyuck clearly hurt from Mark's words.

"Aiee..don't be so mad Mark. I promised I won't disturb you ever again. Mark my words. What a nice pun, Lee Donghyuck!" Donghyuck said in his usual playful manner but Yuta and Taeil know he's covering his feeling and Mark is too dumb to realise it. Taeil playful hugging Donghyuck from behind and push him out the door when he looks at his teary eyes.

"Lee Taeyong! We want to eat ramen!!" Yuta shout at certain small member who laying on the couch after he walked out the bedroom leaving Mark behind.

"Yah, what with the shouting inside the room? Did you fighting again?" Taeyong is directly accused Yuta and Donghyuck but received a punch on his shoulder. "Not me idiot! I just want to eat."

Then Taeyong realised Donghyuck being extra quite after he exited from Mark's room. To know his roommate, he's far from quite especially when he asked Taeyong to cook ramen for him. But not today. It's easy to put the puzzle together. Mark was shouting and Donghyuck being quite. These two things never happened in their dorm. Never ever happened since their pre-debut era. So he completely aware of what happened in that room.

Taeil looking at him with knowing look but he shakes his head, mean that he won't do anything unless both of them cool down. At the end, they just continue their routines like nothing happened. Taeyong wish that Johnny was there with them. He might be a leader and good in everything but he's being a 'father'. He looks at Taeil and Yuta, yup, three of them are the oldest but being the oldest when it comes to this. He admit it.

*****

"So Mark and Donghyuck will debut in new unit, NCT Dream. Since Mark will debut the 3rd times and Donghyuck, this is your 2nd debut, I believe that both of you will be a good example for your new members." Their manager explain in front of NCT 127 members. The oldest members happily claps their hands while the two youngest still keep their silent.

"Yah Donghyuck, congratulation on your 2nd debut!" Taeyong patted his shoulder but Donghyuck feels like his shoulder getting heavier. Taeyong realized his face getting paler although he have sun-kissed skin. He knows his worries. Being roommate and his leader, Donghyuck told him everything. His worries, his doubt and his secret. Especially his problem with Mark.

"I don't think I can do it. I'm scared." Donghyuck whispered to him when they take a break from practicing. He took a seat at the corner away from the others. Donghyuck being weird since the incident with Mark. He still being playful with other members but careful with certain member. Taeyong knows that Mark is his bestfriend and seeing him ignored or being ignore by his own bestfriend hurt his feeling too.

"Hey, just be yourself. Don't worry about other things and you'll doing just great. If you are afraid, think about the other new members. They're afraid more than you. Just think that you're Mark's assistant."

"I don't think he likes the idea that we being in the same group again. He's happier when he's in NCT U. There's no one like me who will disturb his peaceful life. I am just become a distraction. I think I need to discuss with the manager to cancel my name in the next unit."

"Until when you want to avoid him? The possibilities for Mark to debut in every units is higher than Mount Everest. If it's like that, you won't be able to debut or comeback anymore. Do you want that?"

It's true. Mark is the real ace same like Taeyong. The possibilities for them in every unit is high. If Donghyuck want to avoid Mark, the possibilites for him to debut or comeback will become zero. Taeyong thinks that the best way is Donghyuck forget about his argument with Mark or reconcile with Mark. That's the only way for them to be in one group.

"He hates me."

"Did he says that to you?"

"No."

"Then you assumed that he hates you just because he's mad at you before? Then Yuta must be your anti-fan. He even strangled you in his dream." Donghyuck and Taeyong laughed at their own joke which got their members attention.

"I can hear you calling my name Lee Taeyong. What are you talking about?"

"None of your business Nakamoto Yuta. Get off of me!" Taeyong is pushing Yuta's body when Yuta hug him like a koala. Jaehyun is trying to pull him away from Taeyong but Yuta ignored their struggle. Donghyuck is having fun watching s until his eyes met with a member he's being avoided past few weeks. He immediately stop laughing and averted his attention to his membets again.

To be very honest, he missed the time when he can fooling around Mark before. He feels like his life incomplete without pissing him off. He likes to see being annoyed. He guess that he push the wrong button and now they're back being stranger. He grew up with Mark by his side and now he lose his bestfriend make his heart feel hurt. Although he's smiling, he can feel his tears treating to fall on his cheek.

"Ahh...it feel hot in here. I need fresh air. I'll come back later." Donghyuck excuses himself and the others didn't asking anything because they noticed his behaviour and they let him to be alone if he needs it. But they didn't realised some of their member also missing from the practice room because they're too busy wrestling.

"Wahhhh so cool...okay, this is so cold! Oh my bones going to break!" Donghyuck immediately hug his body to keep himself warm. He regretted that he doesn't bring along his jacket. Suddenly someone put a jacket on his shoulder.

"You're being idiot or being annoying? Why didn't you bring your jacket with you? It going to snow later."

And like a cue, the snow start falling. First snow. The fact Donghyuck shares the first snow with Mark make his cheek feels warm. He steal a glances toward te boy standing beside him. Honestly, he doesn't have ideas to talk with him. He scared that he will hurt his feeling or make him mad again. That's the last things we want at the moment. Unlike before, he always be the first one who talk a lot and Mark will always listen to his babbling. Did Mark really listen to his nonsense before or he just pretend that he has interest in everything he said?

"We will debut again in one unit. It feel great right? We always dreamed about it before."

"Yeah. I know right?" Donghyuck never imagined that he will fake a laugh in his life. He just don't know how to react. After the silent war between them, and now Mark casually acted like nothing happened between them. Or it's just him who affected by those incident? While Mark doesn't feel anything? Donghyuck feels stupid right now.

"Hey, you need to help me to handle our unit later. You're basically their sunbae now. You will need to act matured."

Donghyuck knew it. Mark want to warn him to behave because he had enough of his attitude. For the first time he's wondering whether his smile are sincered or forced. For the first time in his life he doubt their friendship. He hates that feeling. He totally lose his bestfriend because of his own fault. Did Mark even considered him as his bestfriend before? But for sure, Donghyuck is sincere for everything he did in the past.

*****

Their debut stage was the best. The fanchants really loud. He's so happy and satisfied with their debut stage. Then something caught his attention. The bruises on Donghyuck's knees. Why he didn't realized about it before? Why Donghyuck doesn't come to him and complaint about it like he used to do.

"Yah Donghyuck, did you put ice on yours bruises or else it will become worst. Here, put it on your knee." Renjun appeared with a pack of ice in his hand. Donghyuck with running away from Renjun.

"Put it on your knees. We don't want it getting worse or else it will affected our routines." Mark said while blocking Donghyuck's way. The smile on Dongyuck's face disappear immediately.

"Yes hyung (brother)." Donghyuck took a seat beside Renjun and put the ice on his knees. Mark actually surprised when Donghyuck addressed him as 'hyung'. Donghyuck was never being formal with him except when he wants to tease or annoy him but  he actually doesnt mind it since he's from Canada. But today to hear those word come from his mouth sound so unfamiliar and weird. Even Jeno, Jaemin and Jisung were shocked to hear that.

"Dongdongie, did you just called Mark as 'hyung' just now?" Jaemin asked him curiously.

"I did? Ahh..I..I just want to . Did I annoyed you? Aiieee..i'm sorry."

No, he was serious. That's not the usual way of him to tease the elder. If Mark doesn't pay attention to it, he would miss the way Donghyuck acted around him. But he noticed everything. Donghyuck more careful when he talked, he walked or even played around him. He's more cautious than before. If Mark not around he can hear his playful voice with the other boys but when Mark is around he become completely silent. Even when they took group pictures, Donghyuck preffered standing beside others except him unless Mark pulled him to stand beside him. But sometimes, Donghyuck come to rescue him when he's stumbling over words during VLive or interview like he did before.

(A/N: You can watch https://youtu.be/LfNm2wbuBdQ from 11:11 till the end) [cr: alice lee]

"We said hello on our debut stage. To meet you up close. Up close.." Donghyuck said while playing with the camera.

"They might not want to see you closely." Mark said with teasing tones when Donghyuck glares at him.

"Ahh..no, I was just kidding." Mark is smiling while holding Donghyuck's hand.

"I am sad." Donghyuck sadly turn away from Mark but Mark playful tug his shirt.

When the interview end, they back to their usual self. Donghyuck walked away from Mark and started to tease Chenle. No more playful couple, Markhyuck like what their fans called them.

"Don't you think Donghyuck become a different person now? Although all these times I want him to stop playing and make noise but when he really did it, it's kind off boring now. The atmosphere was so quiet and I was not familiar with this atmosphere." Mark was listening to Jeno and Jaemin conversation. He does noticed it too but try to ignore it. It was his request before. He wants Donghyuck being matured member to lead their unit. But he secretly regretted his discission. He missed his old playful friend.

"Hello kids!" Someone shouted at the door when Mark want to approach Donghyuck. It was Taeyong, Ten, Jaehyun and Doyoung. Donghyuck runs toward Taeyong and hug his favorite brother. Taeyong playful messed up his hair. They are roommate before they moved to their new dorm. Donghyuck did have a hard time being Taeyong's roommate but most of the time he enjoyed his company. Although sometime he was kicked out from the room being too noisy but Donghyuck doesn't mind it.

"Are you having hard time being the oldest here?" Ten teased making the oldest of NCT Dream blushing.

"I am doing fine. Everyone listened to me well including Donghyuck. He's being good boy lately."

"He did huh? Why didn't you listened to me  that well when you're in our unit? Do you really like your new leader but not me?" Taeyong teased the boy who's still hiding behind Taeyong.

"Yaaaahhh~stop it! I like you the most, you know that right? Booming system up, TY track, TY track!" Donghyuck back which make him received a punch on his shoulder.

Mark doesn't know why but he feels jealous when he looks how close Taeyong and Donghyuck. Since when Donghyuck being so clingy with Taeyong? He always acted like that with him before but why did he's being replaced by Taeyong? Mark feels like his favorite toy being snatch away from his hand and he doesn't like it.

"You come with me. Lets go buy some drinks for our brother." Mark comes between Donghyuck and Taeyong before dragged the clueless sun-kissed boy with him out from the practice room.

"Hey, we already bought some drinks here, yeah, you not even listening to me." Ten said when the two boys already dissappear. Taeyong is laughing out loud but no one know why because there's no funny things happened there.

"Young kids are funny. Why can't they say it out loud already. They make me frustrated. I want to lock them somewhere until they make up with each other." Doyoung said while preparing the fried chicken for the kids to eat.

*****

"Where do want to go?"

"I don't know. Lets just walking."

"Stop dragging me. Let go of my hand Mark Lee Minkyung!" Donghyuck almost crash on his back when Mark suddenly stop his tracks.

"Lets play piano."

"What the hell? You dragging me out here, away from the fried chicken to buy some drinks for the hyungs and end up you want to play piano? Where's the connection? And from what I remember, you're playing piano." Donghyuck is staring at him makes him feels uncomfortable.

He can't tell him that he doesn't want him to be so close with Taeyong? Taeyong is his idol, his role model and his favorite hyung too. But why did he feels like he wants to punch him when Donghyuck back-hugging him just now? Did he feels jealous toward Taeyong? He's jealous?

"Are you listening to me Mark Lee? If not then I want to go back to the practice room to eat. I am starving!"

"Play for me, please. I miss the time when you play the piano for me."

Donghyuck is speechless. He doesn't know why Mark suddenly wants him to play the piano. They stop doing all these since that day. The day when Mark getting angry at him. He stop asking Mark to join him because he knows Mark preffered to be somewhere else rather than be in a soundproof room together with him. He thought Mark hates it but here he's asking for him to play the piano because he missed it?

"Oh geez, you're unbelievable. One song and that's it. I want to eat fried chicken. They going to eat all the fried chicken and left nothing for us."

"I'll buy you new combo of fried chicken if you want to eat it that much."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes when he opened the piano room. They sit together on the small chair. Before this, Donghyuck doesn't mind if their shoulders touched each other or when Mark rested his chin on his shoulder. But now when Mark did all that, his heart almost stop beating. His fingers are shaking and he can't concentrate at all.

"You're playing wrong notes. Why it sound so funny?"

"If you stop being annoying. And you're being too close that I can't move my hands."

"I am sorry. But we did this before and you're doing just fine."

"It's different now. You're making me uncomfortable Mark Lee."

There's silent between them. They're staring each other eyes. Donghyuck almost choked on his saliva when Mark removed some of his bang away from his eyes. "Why are we become like this?"

"Don't ask me. I also don't know."

"Why are we drifted apart? You've been avoiding me.  I know I'm being selfish.."

"You're being selfish. Why are you doing this? Today you want me to be your close friend then the next day you push me away. I am sorry that I'm being annoying little bastard and disturbing your peaceful life. And I did promised that I won't distrubed you again. So let me do something that I already promised you. Don't make me break my own promised, Mark."

He bites his inner cheek to prevent the tears flowing on his cheek. "I miss my bestfriend. I miss my old playful Donghyuck."

'My?' Donghyuck is looking at the boy who still staring at the floor. "Mark, you're confusing me. What do you want me to do? You're the one who asking me to stop being immature. It must be hard for you, I'm sorry for that but I'm trying so hard to change. I won't make you feel ashamed that you have a member like me. I promised you that. You know what, lets continue playing piano next time."

Donghyuck quickly stand up and walks toward toward the door but even before he managed to open the door, he was pushed against the door. His heart almost jump out of his chest when he realized the distance between their body. They are too close! Way to close!

"Listen. I am sorry that I'm being childish, selfish and stupid. I don't know why I acted that way before. I was so jealous of you and Taeyong. You're my bestfriend."

"What? You're jealous because of Taeyong? You know that Taeyong is dating Jaehyun right?" Donghyuck kind off understand that situation now.

"They did? What? When?"

"If you stop being dumb you will realized it long before our unit debut. Do you know the real reason why I always sleep in the living room?"

Mark's eyes getting bigger when realization hit him. No wonder why Jaehyun always leave their room in the middle of the night and never come back into their room again.

"I thought he's sleep walking and continue sleeping in the living room."

"I give up. You're completely dumb! Why are we even friend?"

"But why are you always hugging him?!"

"Hugging?! Do you mean choking or strangling, then yes we always did that."

"Why?"

"Because I know his secret and he knows my secret?"

"You shared secret? What's your secret? You never told me anything! Why did you share your secret with Taeyong but not me?!" A deep red blush appeared on Donghyuck's cheek. He's speechless because of the dumb fool in front of him.

"I'm going to ask Taeyong himself." Mark pull out his phone and calling Taeyong.

Tyong: What the heck? Where are you?
Mark: Piano room.
Tyong: Do you really need to call me when you can walk here instead? Since when you become so lazy Mark Lee?
Mark: Real fast question. What is Donghyuck's secret that he told you?!
Tyong: Oh, which one? That he have wet dream about you?
Dhyuck: For God's sake Lee Taeyong! I'm going to kill you although you're older than me!
Tyong: Opss..is that Dongdongie? Sorry. I 'acidentally' said it out loud. Bye. -CLICK-

"That's a lie. If I were you, I won't listen to those lie. He's lying!"

'Thank you for saving me and killing me Lee Taeyong!'

"Why are you blushing Lee Donghyuck? If those are lies, it shouldn't affected you so much. Donghyuck that I know won't flustered like this. Why?" Mark is teasing him now. Donghyuck already plan on how to kill Lee Taeyong tonight.

"I don't have anything to say."

"Now that I know you have a wet dream about me, I feel so relief."

"What the heck? ert Mark Lee."

"Says the one who have wet dream about me."

Donghyuck keeps his mouth shut tightly. Mark is laughing at him now. Donghyuck struggling to free himself from Mark but Mark still hold him against the wall. Even if he's screaming, people won't hear his voice because this is a soundproof room. Great. All he can do now is glaring at the amused Mark.

"Since when you have this wet dream about me?"

"Do you really believe that fool? He's lying. I was dreaming about us once but he thought that I have a wet dream about you! Lee Taeyong with his ragging hormone should be stop!"

"You share this kind of secret with Taeyong but not me?"

"Do you expect me to say it out loud in front of your face that I have a dream about you? You're joking right?!"

And now they lose their words. They're looking elsewhere but each other.

"Hey, listen. I want to apologize that I've been a jerk to you before. Honestly I don't know why I acted like that but I'm scared that I will lose my bestfriend. You're why bestfriend Donghyuck. To lose you is the last things I want. I was so jealous that you being friendly with others but you ignored me completely. I hate that. I want my bestfriend back."

'Bestfriend only huh?' All his imagination shattered. He thought that Mark have feeling for him that's why he's jealous. But nope. There's no way he can being honest right now. He just reclaimed his bestfriend back and he don't want to ruin it for the second time so he keeps his real secret from Mark for now. He's happy when he looks at Mark's happy face when he agreed that they should back being friend again. Honestly, he miss his bestfriend too. He thinks that he should be satisfied with what he has now. No need to wish for something impossible to have.