...

2120

Chanyeol POV

 

Sometimes I hate working for the government. They don’t tell us anything and then they expect us to do that we haven’t been taught to do. Like seriously. I shook my head as I walked over to the cafeteria and saw a few of my colleagues talking about what the government want us to do later on today. I really hate doing this . I say down next to JongIn before grabbing hid coffee and taking a sip of the caffeinated drink before giving it back to him. He patted my back and I just gave him a small smile.

 

“Okay, so what exactly do they want us to do?” Jongdae asked us. I just shrugged my shoulders and looked off in the distance. We are doctors, not babysitters.

 

“Chanyeol, do you know what time they need us to be there?” I looked over at JongIn and shook my head at the question.

 

“All I know is that they want us there when they call us.” I answered his question before running my fingers through my hair and getting up from my seat. “I’ll see you guys later.” I told them as I walked back to my office and sat down in my chair.

 

The year is 2120 and about a hundred years ago the government did an experiment to three brothers to see if they can freeze humans and keep them alive. And by the sounds of it, it was successful. So now they want me and my colleagues to ask them questions. That’s all we’ve been told and that’s all I will be doing.

 

I leaned back in my chair and started to think about how they will feel being locked up for a hundred years and seeing all the technology of how advanced we have gotten. We have medicines for everything, even cancer, thanks to my grandfather. He was the doctor for almost every new vaccine that has been created. So basically without him, people would still be thinking that the cure for cancer is cheese.

 

It was about an hour or two until I heard my name being called from the intercom, along with my other three colleagues. I walked out of my room and into the experiment room before my eyes widened when I saw three capsules covered with dry ice and tubes going in and out of it. I looked over at the other three and they looked equally as shocked as I did.

 

“Now here is where we had the experiments stay for a hundred years. And it will be us who open it to find out if they did survive or not.” The lead doctor told us, but all I could do is stare at the capsule in the middle. For some strange reason, I was attracted to that one more than the other two. “Chanyeol, pick which one you want to open and that one will be yours. Make sure you put a breathing mask on him as soon as you open it.” I nodded my head and walked over to the middle capsule.

 

This was exciting. I haven’t felt this excited in a while for anything before. I made my way towards it before I opened it. Once I heard the hiss of the dry ice, I grabbed the mask and quickly put it on him. He was actually handsome and I couldn’t believe how handsome he was. Once the nurses put all the needles in him and got him on the gurney to put him in one of the bedrooms, I quickly followed them.

 

Of course I’m going to follow them. He’s my test subject. I have every right to follow him.

 

Once we got to the room, I just studied his facial features. You could tell he was from a hundred years ago. Men these days don’t look scrawny or have a feminine look. If they do, then they get surgery to get it fixed because being masculine is considered the new hot thing, but I don’t like it. That’s why I wish I was born a hundred years ago because there were cuter guys back then. I mean my husband has the feminine look because he didn’t like looking masculine and people think he’s ugly, but I think he’s beautiful.

 

I sighed softly to myself as I ran my fingers through my hair. How can I communicate with him? Our language is much more different than it was a hundred years ago.

 

We got into a war with our neighbors in the North and won, but some of the people that immigrated here from the North kept using their dialect, so now we have integrated some of their words into our dictionary as well as some new words. And our accents are completely different. I just wonder how he’ll react when he sees how everything changed.

 

I jumped slightly when I heard my phone ring. I took it out of my pocket and saw that Luhan was calling me. A small smile formed on my face and I answered it in a heartbeat.

 

“Hello beautiful.” I told him with a smile on my face. All he did was chuckle and I had a feeling he shook his head because he always does that.

 

“What time will you be home?” He asked. I looked over at my subject before sighing harshly and running my fingers through my hair, once again.

 

“I have no clue. The general put us on a new assignment. I think I won’t be home tonight babe. I may spend the night here again.” I told him with a gentle tone in my voice, knowing that it hurt him more than it hurt me to tell him everything that I was saying.

 

I heard him sigh heavily, knowing I let my husband down. “Who’s going to pick up Risa? My company needs me in China and I have to leave right now. I tried calling your mom but she wouldn’t answer her phone.”

 

“Damn it,” I hissed as I looked at the floor and this time rubbed my forehead. “I’ll ask my general if I can leave for an hour to go and pick her up, but I’ll probably have to bring her to work.” I told him with a soft voice.

 

Hearing him groan was the last thing I wanted, but what was I supposed to do? I have a job and if my mom doesn’t answer her phone then it’s impossible to get a hold of her.

“Chanyeol,” he started and I knew he was going to scold me. He always does when we both are busy and can’t pick up our daughter. “I don’t want her there. Remember the last time that she was there? She almost picked a needle because you weren’t watching her and she wandered off? Thank God Jongin saw her and made sure she got back to you.” He said, which made me infuriated. I hate it when he brings up Jongin.

 

“Fine. I’ll try to call my mom.” I said before hanging up the phone without saying I love you or anything else.

 

He pisses me off whenever he mentions Jongin’s name. I mean don’t get me wrong. He is my best friend and I was his best man at his wedding, but Luhan and Jongin used to date. But it pisses me off when he brings up his name. It’s just like, hello you are married to me not him, stop talking about him and stop praising him for .

 

It aggravates me sometimes because of what he says about Jongin and it’s to my face or our daughter hears it. I feel like he doesn’t care how I feel when he talks about Jongin and just says whatever comes out of his mouth.

 

I was so aggravated that I didn’t even pay attention that there were two eyes staring at me until I looked up and almost jumped out of my seat from how badly he scared me. I placed my heart to my chest before throwing my head back and sighing harshly.

 

I got up from my seat and walked over to him without saying a word and started to check his vitals and all that fancy terms doctors use, which is completely irrelevant. He kept on looking at me while I was working, which was annoying its self, but I let it pass because he was probably curious about the whole situation.

 

“My name is Dr. Park and I’m going to be asking a series of questions.” I started off after grabbed the clipboard and looked at the male. “What’s your name?” I asked him as I grabbed my pen from my pocket and tilted my head to the side.

 

The subject looked at me funny before looking at his hands and shaking his head. “I don’t remember. Where am I?” He asked me as he looked at me with soft eyes. I could’ve sworn I saw a hint of worriedness and scared in his eyes.

 

I quickly grabbed my pager and paged the general as well as a few other doctors. “Okay, don’t be afraid, we’ll help you remember, okay” I told the kid and all he could do was nod.

 

When the general and the other doctors came to the room, they asked me to leave so they could do some test and run experiments. I don’t know why I have to leave if he’s my subject, but I don’t ask questions.

 

Once I walked out of my room, I saw Luhan walking in with Risa. He put our little girl down and she ran to me and gave me the biggest hug I think I have ever gotten from her. I walked up to Luhan and kissed his lips gently.

 

“I thought you were going to China today?” I asked him as I wrapped my arm around him and brought him close to me.

 

“I am. I just decided to bring Risa to you because I have to leave in an hour. Your mom still isn’t answering her calls and your sister is out town this weekend.” Luhan explained to me and I just nodded my head.

 

“Alright, I’ll have her stay in my office and I’ll have one of my nurses stay with her.” I told Luhan as I kissed his lips before he left to go to China.

 

I had one of my nurses take Risa to my office, but gave her money so she can go to the cafeteria to get some food for her. Now I can’t stay here late. I have to go home and be a dad for the night.

 

I walked back in the room and saw the subject curled in a ball while I heard sobs rip through his throat. What the hell were they doing to him?! I quickly walked up to one of the vials and saw that they were giving him completely different medication than the ones that I were prescribed for him.

 

“Take this out of him and give him the ones that are on his sheet!” I yelled at him before I carefully took the vials out of him and put some lotion on the parts of the skin I just took the needles out of him. They are so reckless sometimes.

 

“Chanyeol,” I turned my head and saw the general looking at me. “Come with me and let them do their job.” I sighed softly but nodded my head before walking out of the room and looking at the general. “He’ll be fine.” He told me with a soft voice as he placed his hand on my shoulder. “Go home and spend time with your husband and child. You deserve some time off.” I looked at the door at the end of the hallway that had my name on it and knew my daughter was in there.

 

“I’ll go on one condition, you stop giving him the that made him act like that and give him the medicine that I was prescribed.” I told the general as I walked to my office.

 

Once I opened the door, I saw the nurse lulling Risa to sleep, making me smile before going to her and telling her to back to her job. I always had a blanket in here if I knew I was going to sleep here, so I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her. I picked her up and felt her squirm but when I started to rub her back and sing her a lull a bye, she stopped her squirming and put her thumb in . I grabbed her school bag and some paper work, putting it in my briefcase before walking out of the room.

 

As I was walking out, I was stopped when I heard people yelling. I looked over and saw a test subject running away from Jongdae. I quickly helped my friend out and grabbed the test subject’s arm, making sure Risa was still sleeping. Other doctors and soldiers ran after him as well. I heard my daughter whine before looking at her and trying to shush her back to sleep. I saw the test subject look at Risa with curiosity. I arched my brow and saw Risa was looking at him as well

 

“Friend.” She told him with a smile on her face and giggled, making the other smile and stop fighting with the doctors. “Daddy, he’s my friend.” She told me with a smile. I nodded my head and just looked at the test subject.

 

I wonder if all of them are like that are just him? If they all have a connection with my daughter, then Risa could help us out with a lot of questions.

 

“Hey baby girl. Do you want to go to work with daddy tomorrow?” I asked her as I walked to the exit after Jongdae waved me off.

 

Risa looked at me with a confused expression on her face, so she tilted her head to the side, oh so curiously. “Why do I have to come daddy?” She asked me with a small pout forming on her face, but that just made me chuckle. She looks exactly like Luhan with that pout.

 

“Daddy needs your help with the people that because your friend.” I told her with a soft voice as I started to put her in her car seat.

 

Risa started to play with her fingers before nodding her head. “Okay, I’ll help daddy!” Risa said with a smile as she kissed my cheek when I went to go get something from my work bag. I chuckled and kissed her nose.

 

Once we got home, Risa was in the back sleeping and I could only shake my head. She is exactly like Luhan. She sleeps wherever she can. I got her out of the car as gently as I could before kissing the top of her head and rubbing her back.

 

Once I got into the house, I placed Risa in her bed, after changing her of course, and tucking her in. She is my world and if anything, happens to her then I would be devastated.

 

As I started to get ready for bed, I couldn’t help but think about my subject and what they were probably doing to him at the lab if I was still there. I shook my head of these thoughts and tried to ignore them the best that I could.

 

Why was I getting close to a test subject? I shouldn’t get too close to him. I’ll regret things later down the road.


A/N: 

So I'm back from not updating in two weeks. School was starting to get busy and work as well. Please comment and give me your feedback because that's much appreciated ^^

Subscribe, Comment, Upvote <3