...

2120

Baekhyun POV

"You three have been chosen for an experiment," the doctor started off by telling us. We weren't chosen, we were forced to do this. "We will give you an antidote to fall asleep, and you will be in a capsule, but the capsule will be frozen." Why is he saying this? I do not understand anything that's happening. All I know is that my brothers and I are being forced to do this so called 'experiment'.

 

It was just a normal day, nothing out of the ordinary. My brothers and I were on our way home from school. College to be exact. I'm studying to be neurologist and it involved a lot of studying, so I mostly hide in my room. Kyungsoo is studying to be an English teacher, and Minseok was studying to be a nutritionist. So basically, my brothers also hide in their room after we get home from school. 

 

We struggle everyday to make ends meet. Our fathers work two jobs while we work as well and pushing ourselves to go to school, but sometimes it doesn't work out. One month, my father was cut from his job when my brothers and I were nine and we spent about a week without electricity, but our father's made sure that we still went to school, even if we didn't have running water. 

 

They are probably the best parents anyone could ask for. I love my fathers so much and I want to give them a nice life after I graduate school and get a good enough job to afford them a nice house. I mean, our house is nice. We have three rooms and to me, that's more than enough. My father's have one room, I have my own room because I'm the oldest, and Kyungsoo and Minseok share a room. 

 

We live in the year 2020. A lot has changed since we were little. Homouality wasn't looked down upon anymore. People were more open to so many more things than they were ten years ago and it was amazing. The human race was struggling to keep themselves a float. Greed took control of everyone, so murder was at it's all time high. There weren't any people who were honest, instead of my fathers. They were so honest that their co workers hate them. 

 

That day when we got home, my father was making dinner and he was being distant from my brothers and I. He didn't turn around and hug us, smoother us in kisses like he always does. Minseok said hello to him, but all he told us was to get washed up for dinner because we have somewhere to be later. We didn't question him, so we rushed to the bathroom and got cleaned up. Our bathroom can only fit two people, but because we are so small and frail, like some people would call us, we could all fit in the bathroom. 

 

After our other father got home, we all had dinner. It was abnormally quiet dinner. They didn't talk to us or do anything. I was just as confused as Minseok and Kyungsoo were, but we didn't press it on. When dinner was over, we all got into the car and they drove off. Who knew that was probably going to be the last time I would see my house. 

 

Our father dropped us off at this top secret government facility and once the doctors took us away from them, that was the last time we got to see our fathers. They didn't let us say goodbye to them or anything, they just dragged us from them like we were animals. I wanted to tell my fathers that I loved them and nothing was going to separate us. Guess I was wrong. The only thing I have that reminds me of them is the necklace that they gave me. They saved up every last cent just to get me this necklace. It was real silver with a diamond stud in the middle. They gave it to me, not because I'm the oldest, but because I grew up the fastest and got a job and pushed myself through high school and college.

 

I haven't been paying attention to what the doctor was saying because I was in my own little world and honestly I didn't care. They could talk about whatever this was, but I could care less about everything. 

 

When I came back to reality, there was a paper placed in front of me. I looked down and saw that it was a waiver. I looked at the doctor with curious look in my eyes, but all he did was chuckle and wave me off. I looked at Minseok, and he just to write my name down on it. I nodded my head and wrote my name down, then the doctor took the sheet away from us. 

 

He left the room and I looked at my brothers, who looked equally as confused as I did. 

 

"What is this all about?" I asked Kyungsoo. He always understood more of this stuff than I did. And now you can question why I want to be a neurologist. 

 

"They want us to be experiments for an experiment. They are going to have us go to sleep and they will freeze us. It's to see if we can survive or not." Kyungsoo told us. I furrowed my eyebrows and held onto the necklace that my fathers gave me. 

 

Did they really not want us with them that they would have us go through this? Was this an easier way to get rid of us? They could've asked us kindly to move into our own apartment, but they send us off to a place where we could potentially die. 

 

"They told father that we will be fine and that it has been done before. I'm guessing they want us to sleep longer." Minseok mumbled as he started to play with his fingers. A nasty habit that I've tried to break him out of. 

 

"I guess if they said that we would be okay," I added, but I didn't know if we would be okay. I'm scared. I don't know what's going to happen.

 

After dinner, my brothers and I went to our room. We shared a room here, so I was happy that we weren't separated. I had my arm wrapped around Kyungsoo while he had his wrapped around Minseok. 

 

As the night fell and my brothers were sound asleep, I just couldn't help but think. What would happen when the doctors do put us to sleep and freeze us? Will they forget that we are there and have us trapped in there for the rest of the human race. I just couldn't get these thoughts out of my mind. 

 

I tried to fall asleep, I really tried, but thoughts kept running through my mind as if my body was telling me to get out of the facility and run away with my brothers, but I couldn't. I don't know why but I felt as if I had to stay here to help the doctors find out about this experiment. 

 

I kissed the top of Kyungsoo's head and sighed softly as I closed my eyes and let darkness engulf my vision. I just pray and hope that everything will turn out alright.


 A/N:

Alright, so first chapter, pretty short, but I just wanted to get a roll with this story. I will try to update this story every week, but it isn't a for sure because I am in college with a job. Hope you all enjoy this chapter ^^


Subscribe, Comment, Upvote <3