Inevitable Boredom

We're All Mad Here

Cheshire was sick of her dorm now. She had wanted nothing but to be back home for months because of the asian tour but dear god was she sick of staring at the same walls only two days after really being home. Including the filming they had been back in Seoul for four days. How was it even possible for her to be sick of her dorm? She really wasn't the social butterfly that Young Ji and Alice both were and she usually liked couping herself up inside the dorm when they got a break so why was she sick of it now? With a groan she got out of her bed and threw on some decent looking outfit and headed out. Maybe a walk would do her some good. She had been alone in the dorm since yesterday since the others were taking a bit of time to go visit family since they hadn't had the chance to do that since their schedules had picked up around the second mini album. Chess kind of wished she could have gone to the states at least for a few days but then again there wasn't too much left for her there. She shook her head violently ridding herself of those thouhts. It wouldn't do her any good to dwell on the past. Look forward and smile, that was her motto. Always smile. If nothing else it'll make it seem less dark no matter what's going on.

With a deep sigh she finally realized she hadn't been paying any attention to where she was going and looked up only to find herself outside of Starship. Guess this was the closest thing to visiting family for her. As she stepped in the heat immediately surrounded her making her realize how cold she had actually been. Without really thinking about what she was doing she walked through the building before ending up in front of one of the many glass doors the building held. The steady beats that she could hear through the door alerted her that this was the right choice. No matter how bored she would potentially be in there at least she wouldn't be alone.

Chess raised her hand to knock on the door and almost immediately heard the person on the other side tell her to come in. As soon as the door closed behind her Giriboy looked over to her and smiled.

"Well look what the cat dragged in!" Giriboy laughed at his own lame joke while Chess just rolled her eyes at him.

"You do realize I'm still older than you right?" 

"By what? 23 days? I think we know each other well enough to not bother with the formalities, unless you just want to hear me call you noona. Which, you know, all you have to do is ask," Again Chess rolled her eyes. He may be an amazing rapper and producer but the boy could be corny as all get out.

"I'm bored. What are you working on?" Chess said walking over and stealing the headphones from around his neck and placing them on her own ears while Giri (A/N don't care if anyone calls him that I'm too lazy to keep writing out Giriboy) simply hit play on whatever it was he was working on. It sounded about half finished and it still blew Chess's mind. She had no idea how he went about making such good music but he was damn good at it. She bobbed her head along with the beat until it was finished and then removed the headphones handing them back to Giri. "It's really good, I dig it. You already trying to put out a new album?"

"Nah this is for No.Mercy. In a couple challenges they're gonna have a team battle and me and Nochang are pretty much the team leaders. I've been working on it for a couple days. Have to have it perfect for them to be able to be decent enough to release it," Giri spun around in his chair resting his hands behind his head while Cheshire just continued to look at the screen trying to figure out if she could decipher what it all meant. "I think Jooyoung and Mad Clown are gonna be on it to. So I pretty much like my chances as long as I don't end up with a team."

"I make no promises. From what I've seen most of them are pretty forgettable but they've only had one mission. Maybe the rankings will be enough to make them step up their game," Chess finally gave up on the screen and fetched herself the other computer chair to slump herself into.

"I'm gonna be a guest judge at this next mission so I guess I'll get to take a look at how they sound," Giri simply turned his chair around knowing that this was news to Chess and trying to play it off like it was nothing.

"Are you kidding me? What did they just decide to replace Mad Clown with you?" Chess laughed a bit as Giri turned around looking offended with his hand over his heart.

"What am I not good enough for you?" Giri pushed his thick frames up his nose and stared at Chess.

"I guess you're alright. You're providing me with free entertainment right now after all," As soon as the words left she regretted it. Of course he was going to have something to say to that.

"My services are not free! I'm surprised you still haven't learned that!" Giri held out his hand expectantly, to which Chess just slid her hand onto slowly locking her fingers around his. He had been one of her friends since she debuted almost as long as Mad Clown so while it might have seen awkward to a by stander this was fairly common in their relationship.

"Come on. I'll buy you food," Chess stood up pulling Giri to his feet too. They released their hold for long enough for Giri to save what he had done and lock up his studio before he locked Chess's arm in his.

"What are you hungry for?" Giri asked as they stepped into the bitter cold afternoon sun.

"Honestly? I thought you would choose since I had no idea I was hungry till just now," Giri shook his head at Chess's response, not expecting much else from her. This is how it usually went, her mentioning getting food but always forcing him to choose. Luckily it wouldn't take that long today because he was craving sushi and she would be in about two seconds after she saw the place. As he directed her to the left of the building he pulled out his cigarettes about to light one as he noticed the smoke already leaving Chess's mouth. "How do you always manage to immediately have a cigarette in your mouth the moment we get outside?"

"Because unlike someone I walk out prepared," Chess laughed before taking a long drag on her cigarette. "Also for the past couple months I've been living on nicotine, caffine and carbs. Mostly nicotine and caffine. I love touring but half the time I still can't even order food without it making me sick. Onion allergy !"

"I still don't understand how that's even a thing. How can someone not even like onions. You strange woman," Giri laughed.

"It is a thing! And I have one and it ! The last time I tried ordering in China I literally puked for like three hours because I have no idea how to say no onion please," Chess removed her arm from his only to smack his shoulder and immediately put it back craving the warmth he exuded.

Giri laughed again while putting his arm around Chess's shoulders sensing her need for heat. They walked in silence the rest of the way until they finally came to the restaurant. Giri had been right about her wanting sushi after she saw the place because her eyes grew wide and she rubbed her stomach.

"Guess I made the right choice then," Giri chuckled as Chess nodded her head frantically almost bolting into the warmth that was offered beyond the doors. After a few moments they were seated at a table in the back away from prying eyes. They had been here many times and the staff always seemed prepared just in case they arrived. It was almost enough to make Chess laugh if she wasn't so damn hungry now. 

"So I heard you guys are going to start working on a full length album soon. How's that treating you?" Giri asked as Chess finished ordering their usual spread. 

"Good I guess. Sumi is going into full stressful leader mode. Before she left for Busan she told me she'll be back with at least six songs worth of lyrics and that I should have at least three raps ready. I love the girl but she's going to kill herself with all the stress she keeps putting herself under. We have a month before we start recording and she is already breaking her back to have lyrics which I can guarantee half of them won't even make the album because you know how strict sajangnim is about what actually gets put out. I get how much she wants to show her worth as a leader but I just wish she would breathe at least a little, ya know?" Chess let out a big sigh as she finished her slight rant.

"I get it but I do also see Sumi's point. She really just wants RI5E to be self sufficient when it comes to music. She doesn't want to be like every other girl group out there just singing what's handed to them. She has a lot to learn but I think she has the passion to do it if she'd just do it the right way," Giri scratched the back of his neck hoping that Chess had seen his point.

"Yeah I know I just wish that someone else would suggest it to her so that maybe she would actually listen. She seems to think I'm only telling her that to get out of writing my raps," Chess let her smile drop for a second pouting before Giri looked over at her and pinched her cheek.

"Yah! Since when do you do aeygo? I always ask you to and you never do! Who's the lucky guy that got you to start acting cute?" Chess slapped his hand away before laughing with her gummy smile back in place before slightly glaring at Giri. He was one of the only people in the world who ever got to see her without a smile anymore. She rolled her eyes at him knowing that he only said that to make her smile again. He knew how much she hated letting down that wall of smiles that she had built up the past three years.

"Jackass."

"Was that one of your english curses? You know that's unladylike as ," Giri chuckled as he watched Chess giggle and fall silent at the sight of the food being placed between them.

The sign of a good meal is the silence that follows and the food was definitely delicious considering neither said another word until the check appeared and Chess reached for it.

"Not a chance," Giri said as he swatted Chess's hand.

"But I said that I'd buy you food for offering entertainment," Chess said with a smirk and quirked eyebrow.

"Well, you got me out of the studio when I was just about to through my keyboard across the room so we'll call it even," Giri laughed at the eyeroll he received out of Chess. He did this everytime. She would always try to pay only to be stopped when the check arrived. She didn't honestly know why she even tried any more.

"One of these days I'm going to just stop offering if you keep doing this."

"Then how will you ever convince me to entertain you?"

"I have my ways. Plus I'm generally good at conning you into things you don't want to do. Remember the rollercoaster?"

"Don't even start! I have no idea how you convinced me that it would be okay. That was the stupidest decision of my life." Chess laughed at the sick look on Giri's face. She might not be a huge fan of rollercoasters either but seriously she would ride it everyday of her life to be able to see the tough Giriboy squirm like a little girl again.

"Okay I've got to go back now. I need to finish that song. And start working on a few for you guys apparently," Giri said standing up from the table.

"Oh you're going to produce for us again?" Chess stood and put on her coat before turning back to Giri.

"Not officially but I might as well go on ahead and get something ready. I can just feel that I'm going to be asked sooner rather than later." He wrapped his arm around Chess again as they stepped back into the cold, reaching into his jacket pocket when a puff of smoke floated in front of his face. "Seriously! How do you do that?!"

Chess laughed at the dumbfounded look he had on his face. They walked back to the studio in a comfortable silence. Chess wished him luck with his writing at the door so that she could return to the dorm and not bother him anymore than she was sure she already had despite how much he would protest. Giri promised to text her when he finished something so she could listen to it first and Chess just giggled while waving him inside. Once he finally went inside Chess made her way to her dorm to start trying to write some of her raps. Needless to say she ended up bored again but this time just fell asleep instead of going in search of entertainment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N sorry if this seems like it ends weird. I realized I didn't really have any idea how to end the lunch date without it seeming weird... Alright this is definitely it for tonight I will probably try to post some more tomorrow or more appropriately when I wake up again lol...