Chapter 2

An eye for an eye coated with thick black lies (Mpreg)

(* - indicates a footnote. It's extra info.)

 

'get your asses downstairs! We don't have all day!' NaRae ordered, anxiously glancing down at her watch.

'we're done, calm yourself!' DO yelled as he came down the grand stairs with Tao fast behind him, carrying two suitcases. Once he was at the bottom, he set his suitcase down.

'what are you even wearing?' NaRae snickered, eyeing DO's new interesting choice of clothing. He was dressed in an oversized light pink sweater with a ripped skinny jeans and white timberlands.

DO sighed. 'Dad said we had to look "presentable" for our serious hosts for some stupid reason so don't even.' he mumbled, rolling his eyes. Tao, still sleepy from his nap, walked past the two to the car waiting outside.

'FAIL! You look like an emo pink penguin or some .' NaRae sneered, chuckling. DO only stared back, obviously not amused.

'You fail so bad. '

' - so did your dad's .' DO said, pressing a stiff smile on his face. NaRae's laughter instantly fell flat and remained quiet.

'shut up and get in the damn car.' she mumbled, walking away from a smirking DO.

Once the car started up and everyone got comfortable, the journey from Gangnam to Seoul had officially begun. Everyone kept to themselves. Tao had fallen asleep while listening to his favourite classical piece and  NaRae was too engulfed in her online reading, which left DO to loose himself in thought.

He rested his head against the window and looked out into the city and little towns they passed. He let his father's words from the previous day sink into his skin as he observed the little streets and stalls.

 

he was called into his father's office early in the morning. Walking down the hallway to his father's home office was daunting, nothing good ever came from going there. He stopped in front of the closed door and took a moment to calm himself. The last time he was called in was when he was 15, he was told that his mother had just passed away from a car accident.

'everything's okay.' he repeated as he held the door knob. Once he laid foot into the office, a thick coating of uncertainty and worry came over him. He hesitantly took a seat in font of his father's table. His father, Yi-Jong, was standing near his open window, looking over the garden's newest edition to the compound, Orange Chinese roses.

The room remained silent for a good 5 minutes before his father spoke. 'The roses are beautiful. '

DO remained quiet.

'Tomorrow morning, You and your brother will be hosted at the Choi household for a well while me and Mr Choi close an important deal together in Dubai. While there, both you and Tao will choose one of his sons to marry.'

DO's eyes widened at his father's words.

'But dad - '

'I want you and your brother to be good while at the Choi household seeing that they're a prestigious bunch. The future of this company is depending on both of you.' he paused. Still  looking to his freshly blooming garden.

'So you're selling us off for your stupid company??'

' - it's for us all!' his father snapped.

He let out a strained sigh.  

'I know you won't like this but please, I promised your mother i'd take care of you both and find you good husbands. Please understand the position I'm in.'

DO didn't say anything, instead he got up and excused himself. He was fuming with rage and betrayal, He needed a release and FAST. His head was raging with every thought and theory possible about why his father would ship him off to some "pristine" household and even though he had to "marry", he knows they were perfectly capable living on their own. heck, he's lelt them for months without a word so why is this time different? He couldn't comprehend. Why did he have to marry one of the Choi's if their father would close a quick deal and be well off.? Why would he sell them off like that?

Too tired and caught up in his emotions, he decided to go out for a drink but somehow ended up wasted and blackouted out on a pavement outside a dodgy nightclub. Tao, who was terrified when his hyung didn't return, went in search for him and found him. Thankfully nothing happened to him besides waking up with a nasty hangover and a few hickies.

His father had told Tao about the move and marriage which he accepted seeing that it was for the good of the company and household name. 'he was too ing precious for his own good.' DO thought to himself.

 

'- Hyung?

DO fell out of his trance and looked to his side to see a puffy-eyed Tao staring back at him.

'what's up?'

'me and Rae are going to stop for some food, want anything?'

'tequila.'

Tao chuckled.

'- to cleanse your disrespectful soul, I agree. ' NaRae chirped.

 

---

 

Baekhyun awkwardly made his way out of his room, tucking his white button up shirt into his black skin tight jeans. 'why do these things have to be so damn tight,' he muttered, not minding where he was walking. Once Yi-Joo showed him his room, he didn't want to leave.

It was huge to say the least. He had a comfortable queen sized bed and a wardrobe full of different clothing, all to fit his small size. He had a crystal clear view of the garden and trees out side and his room was furnished in an elegant black and white coating. He had a moderately sized flat screened tv on the wall opposite his bed with a study desk right next to it and a Mac laptop and tablet placed above it.

'are you sure this is my room?' Baekhyun asked, still staring in astonishment.

Yi-Joo nodded. 'Mr Choi requested we place you in here himself. You're really lucky considering that you and Chen have the bigger rooms. ' she said, rocking back and forth as she scanned the room. Baekhyun murmured an 'oh' before walking over to his bed where his clothes were perfectly laid out for him. He skimmed over each item of clothing , nearly dying when he saw his 'working' pants.

'uh.. these seem a little too small, don't you think?'

Yi-Joo shook her head as she chuckled. 'That's your size, just a little more fitted, Master Choi Wen's orders. ' she said with a wink.

'Choi Wen?'

'Choi Wen Sehun, silly. ' Yi-Joo scoffed. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he set the jeans down.

'Wen?'

'Yes, Wen. Didn't you get briefed on everything around here before hand?' Yi-Joo said, rolling her eyes. Baekhyun shook his head causing the young maid to sigh heavily. She pushed him down onto the bed and stood in front of him like a teacher in front of a class.

'Everyone knows that Mr Choi is a very handsome man which is why he has five sons from 3 different men.'

Baekhyun hesitated but nodded.

'Mr Choi Seung Hyun married his long time love, the ever beautiful and composed Park Jeonghan, on one little summer morning bathed in sun, Cherry blossoms and daisies, and soon they bore their first son, Choi Park Kris. 1 year later, they bore a second child, Choi Park Chanyeol and they were happy until - ' Yi-Joo paused, bringing her index figure to her lips in a childlike manner.

'until?'

' - until they started having arguments and Mr Choi developed a wondering eye which led to him to divorce a naggy Jeonghan and wed Wen Jun, a young, aspiring dancer with an eye for beauty and all things nice. After 3 years, he finally bore Mr Seung not one but two little baby boys, Choi Wen Sehun and Kai. ' She said with a warm smile.

But Baekhyun was confused. Yi said he had five sons but only mentioned four? Well, why?

'where's the fifth son?' Baekhyun said curiously.

'welp, since the walls are paper thin and the maids talk, some say that Mr Seung got involved with one of his maids around the time the twins were born and he, the maid, ended up pregnant but since the maid had been married at the time, he refused to give his son up to Mr Seung and thus had to run away for years ,which caused Mr Seung a lot heartache since he truly loved him and thought of his mistress as his soul mate,  but the maid later returned but died a few years later.. ' She said will a little sad expression.

'- and rumour has it that his "bastard" son still walks the streets of Seoul. '

Baekhyun was intrigued. Never has he came across anything like this even in one of his beloved dramas. 'how much of that was true?'

'the myth? About 50% I'm afraid. I just started here a month ago,' she said, chuckling.

Baekhyun smiled and looked to his room once more and internally thanked his father for letting him take this job. He would finally be able to pay off his loans and help his father out even though they were well off as it is.

Yi-Joo excused herself and welcomed him to the household before leaving. Baekhyun went over to his door and locked it before running over to his bed and jumping into it, squealing from pure excitement.

'thank you, Mr Choi,'

After he got dressed, he went out of his room and was now making his way down to the kitchen. Too busy fiddling with his shirt and the tight fitting pants squeezing his thighs to death, he didn't notice the figure up ahead which caused him to walk straight into him and stumble back a little.

'yah, watch where you're going.' the figure said. Baekhyun quickly stood up and bowed in apology, without looking to see who it was.

'it's okay, just mind where you're walking next time. ' he ordered.

Baekhyun murmured a 'yes', still not looking up to the figure.

A few moments of awkward silence were broken but the sound of feet shuffling towards him. The figure told Baekhyun to stand up straight but Baekhyun still didn't look to him, keeping his eyes to the floor. The figure lifted Baekhyun's chin to forcibly make him face him.

'I'm not my father, you don't have to show me so much respect.' Chanyeol said, observing the younger male's expression.

Baekhyun didn't reply, instead he nodded. Chanyeol chuckled and let go of his chin.

'what's your name?'

'b-baekyun, s-sir. ' he murmured. To be honestly, Chanyeol intimidated him in every way. He was bigger and more confident that him which instantly made Baekhyun intimidated. Seeing him angry earlier also got him a little afraid so he stuck to formalities as much as possible.

Chanyeol chuckled causing Baekhyun's cheeks to become a light shade of pink.

'drop the formalities, it makes me feel old. '

'o-okay si - I mean, Mr Choi,' he murmured, still blushing.

'Chanyeol. My name is Park Chanyeol. ' he said grinning.

Baekhyun nodded and looked down, trying to hide his hot cheeks. Baekhyun had never been approached by a boy, let alone anyone. He spent most of his time at home, studying or watching meaningless dramas with either his father or his brother. It's not that he didn't have friends but it was that he just didn't see the need to have anyone else's love other than his family's. He's seen what love can do and he just didn't want to attempt to experience or pursue that yet.

'you shouldn't  look down so much, you might break your neck. And it hides your beautiful eyes.' he said. Baekhyun looked up and blushed more, way more than before.

't-thank you, Chanyeol.' he murmured, making Chanyeol smile. Just then, the door behind Chanyeol opened and revealed a messy Chen.

He walked out of the same room as Chanyeol did, only way messier and disoriented than him. His hair was messy and a little damp, clearly screaming '' to whoever would've walked past him. His lips were pink and swollen, his neck held a few hicky's and shirt was untucked, the total opposite from earlier.

He didn't see Baekhyun until he bumped into Chanyeol by mistake, still trying to collect himself after him and Chan's little "play time".

'sorry, I - oh, Baekhyun! You're already done?' he said as he continued to fix himself up.

Baekhyun nodded, looking away from the scene in front of him.

'oh well hurry up, Suho has a lot of stuff he needed help with.' he said, as he finished buttoning up his shirt.  

Baekhyun frowned a little and excused himself as he scurried away.

'my first day here and I find out the maid's ing one of the sons, just great.' Baekhyun mumbled to himself.

Meanwhile, Chen waited till Baekhyun was out of sight to place a kiss on Chanyeol's lips but was coldly rejected which he frowned to.

'Chanyeol, what's wrong?' Chan sighed.

'we shouldn't have did what we did.. ' he said. Chen looked disappointed.

'but Chan -'

'- we're friends, Chen and that's all we'll ever be. '

Chen, who was all too familiar with that sentence, nodded bitterly.

'I understand. ' he simply said, feeding the older male a fake smile. Chanyeol smiled back.

'I have to get to my dorm. See you later. ' he said before turning around and walking away.

Chen remained quiet as he watched Chanyeol walked off, leaving him alone in the deserted hallway. He bit his lip, trying to suppress a viscous scream.

 

---

 

After telling his sons his future plans, Seung hyun left the room to allow the boys space and time to soak everything in. He ignored the sound of the glass mashing against the wall and his sons yelling, making his way downstairs. Deep inside , Choi knew he was doing the right thing for his company and his family.

Teayong came scurrying towards a distracted Seung Hyun. ‘mr choi, there’s – there’s someone at the door for you.’ He said, trying to catch his breath. ‘Don’t you know that it’s rude to approach a man while he’s busy thinking his life away?’ Seung Hyun said, furrowing a brow. ‘S-sorry, sir but he’s requesting you meet with him immediately.’

Seung Hyun sighed.

‘Well why isn’t he here? Let him in. I’ll be in the garden’ he ordered. Taeyong nodded and ran off, leaving Seung Hyun to continue his journey.

Seung Hyun stood in front of his freshly planted rose bush. He stood still with his arms crossed over his chest, observing each little detail on each little rose. He appreciated the simple things in life although people thought of him as being too materialistic and flashy which wasn’t entirely true. He simply had an eye for true beauty.

‘Mr choi is out here, this way sir.’ Taeyong said, escorting the guest outside. Seung Hyun turned his head, observing the important ‘guest’ he was told about.

‘Brother!’

‘Well look who it is.’ Seung Hyun scoffed, waving a smile to his guest. Taeyong quickly excused himself as he left the two males to speak.

‘Choi Seung Hyun, it’s been a while.’ the guest said, walking closer.

 ‘same to you, brother.’ Choi smiled. He hasn’t seen neither of his brothers in over 20 years, especially his youngest brother, Choi Minsoek. After their mother’s death, Choi Seung Hyun had been selected to take over the company at only 26 years old due to his father’s inability to hold himself together.  His father, who had been a strict, emotionless narcissist, shipped him off abroad to study business - which in his own words- would only ‘benefit and further the company. His father deemed his other brothers useless and shipped the middle son, Choi Seung Cheol, to a defence academy where he later escaped and had vanished since then shipped off the youngest of the family, Choi Minsoek, back to their mother’s home town.

Choi and his brother talked a bit before moving towards the porch, taking refuge between two willow trees beside it. ‘sit,’ Choi said to his brother. Minsoek nodded and took a seat across his brother. ‘how’ve you been?’ asked Choi.

‘I’ve been good. *Pyeongchang hasn’t been treating me too bad.’ He said, Choi smiled.

‘ that’s good but - ’ Choi paused, looking to his garden.

‘ tell me the real reason why you’re here.’ Minsoek chuckled at his question. ‘Can’t a brother miss his hyung?’ Minsoek said, earning a chuckle from his older brother.

‘you’ve been held prisoner in an oversized  hell-hole and had to bear the weight of embarrassment when they announced that you didn’t get from the company and suddenly you show up, all happy and smiles when we both know that that really  isn’t you - so tell me baby brother, why are you here?’

Minsoek shrugged. ‘Maybe I missed being surrounded by normal people who don’t mind a little chaos and a lot of fun. I’m only 35 you know.’ He smirked.

Choi rolled his eyes. ‘just don’t cause any trouble while you're here,’ he said as he stood up. Minsoek nodded.

and ual relationships between the maids arent encouraged.

'well of course. I'll have the driver bring down my things.'

 

---

 

'the Kwon's have arrived, get everyone down here,' Suho ordered. Everyone, excluding Chanyeol, gathered in the foyer to greet and welcome the Kwon children. Baekhyun stood between Yi-Joo and Taeyong with his hands stuck to his sides. Yi mentioned more guests would be arriving for a business stay which made Baekhyun a little nervous on whether he'd be able to make a good impression on 6 important people.

Tao was first to walk in, bowing in respect to the help and maids, NaRae followed and did the same which left DO last. He walked in and bowed , muttering a lousy 'hello' to the help. Somehow however Baekhyun could've sworn his seen 'the short Kwon somewhere but he couldn't put his finger on it. DO quickly made his way and stood beside his brother with NaRae next to him, they stood awkwardly in front of Choi and the boys. Each boy gave the pair a different expression.

'Kwon Tao, Kwon DO, nice to finally meet you both.' Choi said, extending his hand out to the two boys. Tao bowed, shly murmuring a 'thank you' before taking a hold of his hand. DO was second, he stepped forward and took a hold of his hand, without bowing however which Choi smirked to.

'well, I hope you both enjoy your stay here. I should be taking off now. Please, make yourselves at home.' he said before bidding a goodbye. He shot his sons a look before calling on Suho and exiting the foyer to the car waiting on him.

'what a great father,' Kai muttered sarcastically. All the boys stood awkwardly staring and analysing each other. Tao, who was naturally shy, looked away to avoid anyone's gaze, but by fate or mistake, he looked up to see Kris staring at him which instantly caused him to blush. Their eyes stayed fixed on each other and Tao cheeks remained a dark shade of pink. Suddenly Kris muttered a 'what?' before rolling his eyes and turning around, calling for the boys to follow him.

Tao's eyes widened a little but shrugged it off, thinking it was disrespectful of him to even look at his hosts like that.

DO followed the boys as they gave them a tour of the house while Tao trailed far back, a little afraid. NaRae who had been up ahead noticed her little buddy wasn't beside her and looked back to see Tao looking around the gigantic household innocently as they travelled through the mansion. She quickly broke apart from the group and walked beside Tao.

'the tall one's so boring, gosh.' she said. Tao gave a small nod and went back to looking around.

'and what's grabbing your ? Is it the creepy maid with the really black hair and eyeliner? Cause his hair symbolises lose - a lose of his fashion sense. ' she joked. Tao shook his head and gave a smile. 'You're so lame.' he said.

'not as lame as DO clothes. He still looks like an emo pink penguin. ' she scoffed to which Tao chuckled to, maybe a little too loud.

'Yah, you're keeping us up. I kind of have somewhere to ing to. ' he said, muttering the last part just loud enough for everyone to hear, especially Tao. He instantly frowned and returned back to his shell. DO saw Tao's discomfort and stopped the group.

'hey, captain freedom pants, take it easy. He's trying to soak up the wonders of your father's mansion. ' DO said sarcastically.

'excuse me?' Kris snapped, turning around.

'so you're deaf too, huh?' DO said, rolling his eyes.

'you shouldn't talk like that little boy, it could get your little face hurt.' Kris scoffed.

DO chuckled, folding his hands across his chest.

'little boy? How old are you even? Wait, I shouldn't ask, you probably count that high,' DO dissed, causing Kai to snort.

'hey hey, no - ' DO snapped, pointing at Kai. Kai's laughter immediately died down.

'me and you? We're not on the same team so close that little hole of yours.' he said, causing Kai to look a little embarrassed to which Sehun and NaRae chuckled to.

DO turned back to Kris. ' and you, I'd slap you but I don't want on my hands so be grateful.'

Kris remained quiet, utterly at a lose of words or a mere comeback seeing that no one ever dared talk back to him.

DO smiled. 'Okay so now that we've established a buildable relationship, let's get going! My feet are aching.' he said, walking past the boys.

Sehun and NaRae tried to suppress their chuckling.

Kris muttered a 'shut up' before following DO's trail. 'you both got destroyed,' Sehun and NaRae mocked as they followed the group upstairs. Tao sighed, knowing very well he was now hated by the older boy for DO's behaviour.

 

 ---

 

Night time fell upon the mansion and everyone except Chanyeol was home. Minsoek settled in, taking the last room on the third floor. They had just finished up an awkward dinner and now everyone was making their way towards their individual bedrooms. Minsoek introduced himself to everyone but dismissed himself to his room, having to finish some important paperwork. DO and Tao made their way to Chanyeol's room on the second floor. Tao thought about going over to Kris and apologising but was held back Kris's glares during dinner.

'he'll come around. Your brother might've dented his little ego but he'll live.' Sehun said, trying to cheer up Tao. 'thanks' was all the younger boy muttered.

Kris was first to dismiss himself from the table. He was still a little embarrassed about earlier and embarrassed that he actually found one of Kwon boys, the taller and quieter one, cute - if not mesmerising. But like a true Choi, he'd never admit it, ever. So he went to bed with a heavy heart and a half smile. 'maybe being here won't be so ty,' he thought.

Baekhyun, NaRae, Chen, Taeyong and Yi-Joo were left to clear up the table and wash up. NaRae and Chen cleared the table while Yi, Taeyong and Baekhyun washed up.

'I think we have everything, ' Chen said, carrying the last few plates from the dinner table. 'thank heavens,' NaRae muttered.

'not use to manual labour?' Yi asked.

NaRae answered with a single 'nope'.

'well you should cause lazy people don't really survive here. 2 weeks ago - '

'are you implying that I'm lazy?' NaRae asked.

'no, what I meant was - '

' was that I'm lazy?' she asked again. Yi shook her head and smiled, walking towards Baekhyun.

'what a ,' she muttered but NaRae heard he quickly set down her plates and turned towards Yi.

'excuse me?' Chen, Taeyong and Baekhyun immediately stopped their doings and looked on as the two girls came face to face.

Yi sighed.

'could you let me do my job? I'd kinda like to keep it unlike some people.' she muttered, rolling her eyes.

NaRae let out a fake laugh, taking off her earrings while saying something in Spanish.

She was about to charge towards, as she called her, 'the skinny ' Yi-Joo when she felt a hand grasp her wrist preventing her from launching.

'a pretty girl like you shouldn't do unpretty things,' Minsoek said with a smile. NaRae yanked her hand away from him and gave a dirty look to the 'skinny ' before exiting the room in anger.

Baekhyun, Taeyong and Chen remained quiet as the atmosphere settled.

'isn't she supposed to be a guest as well?' Minsoek asked.

Yi only rolled her eyes. 'she'd be better at killing herself than being a good guest.' Yi muttered making Chen and Taeyong snort.

'okay let's get you to bed. Finish up here guys, good night.' Chen bowed, taking Yi to her room.

'well enjoy cleaning. Goodnight.' Minsoek said, waving goodnight with a small smile.

'I think I'll head out too. You're okay here right?' Taeyong asked.

Baekhyun nodded and smiled. 'thanks for helping. Goodnight. ' he said. Taeyong smiled and exited the kitchen, leaving Baekhyun to finish up the last dishes.

 

He continued to wash up for several minutes before a suspicious sound caught his attention. He could've sworn he saw a figure hovering by the back door before disappearing completely. He shrugged it off and went back to his doings.

After a few minutes, he was completely done. Fully satisfied, he hung his apron on the kitchen counter, he walked towards the light and put it off then made his way to the door but was stopped when he heard the same sound from earlier, only louder.

Out of fear and adrenaline, he quickly got out a pan from one of the drawers and slowly walked up to the back door, clutching the pan in hand.

He put his hand on the handle and quickly pulled but - there was nothing, all he heard was the wind howling and leaves whistling. He sighed, knowing very well how paranoid he probably looked, he closed the door and when he turned, he found himself being shoved against the back door with a hand over his hand.

Being unable to scream for help, Baekhyun began to struggle against the perpetrator's grip. Since the kitchen light had already been turned off and the only light source available was coming from the moonlight, Baekhyun couldn't make out his face.

'shhh.. it's just me ~ ' he slurred.

Out of fear, Baekhyun bit down on his finger and he yelled in pain, instantly letting go of the younger.

'that ing hurt you know ~'

'c-chanyeol?' Baekhyun stuttered. Chanyeol hissed in pain as he took a seat on the counter.

'for a little chihuahua your bite's really big,' he slurred as he laughed. Baekhyun quickly made his way over to the light switch and put it on, running back to a drunk Chanyeol.

'don't touch that,' Baekhyun snapped as Chanyeol was about pick up a fork from an open drawer. 'okay, geez.' Chanyeol pouted.

'you need to get to bed, you reek of vodka,' Baekhyun muttered, knowing very well that Chanyeol wouldn't remember his words the next morning.

Chanyeol groaned and pushed himself off the counter, nearly falling flat on his face. Baekhyun went over to help him be was pushed away. 'I can handle myself thank you very much,' he muttered.

He got up and began to stumble towards the exit. Baekhyun sighed and went to help him, hoisting Chanyeol's arm around his neck for support and gripping the older's waist so he wouldn't fall.

'if I wasn't so wasted I'd say you're holding my waist to feel my Rock hard abs,' he smirked. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he dragged he boy up the endless flight of stairs and into the first vacant room he saw.

Once inside, he placed Chanyeol on the bed and left him there. He took a moment to observe what seemed liked a knocked out Chanyeol, admiring everything about him; his lips, his eyes, his arms and his raven messy hair. 'this is creepy,' he thought and quickly dismissed himself, turning to his heels and leaving for the exit but a faint murmur stopped him.

'hey.. ' Baekhyun turned around and faced a sad looking Chanyeol.

'stay here for a bit.. ' he mumbled. Baekhyun contemplated for a minute. He knew shouldn't be here or else he could get in trouble or even worse, fired. What if someone walked in or something went missing or something broke and he was blamed for it? Should he really risk that over some drunk rich boy that can't handle his liquor? Baekhyun sighed and opted to stay. He slowly made his way to the boy and plopped down beside him.

'come closer, I won't bite' Chanyeol murmured, smirking. Baekhyun sighed and came closer until his body touched Chanyeol's. They both stared up at the ceiling.

Silence coated the room along with an uncomfortable awkwardness. Suddenly little sniffles could be heard.

Baekhyun looked to his side and saw that the sounds were coming from a red faced Chanyeol.

'Chanyeol.. ' Baekhyun mumbled. He sat up and looked down to a watery eyed Chanyeol.

'm-my father h-hates me and my own f-ing brothers h-hate me and i-im just a-a ing f-failure,' he mumbled, still focusing on the ceiling.  

Baekhyun was taken back. From the way he acted earlier , Baekhyun never expected to see this. Just earlier Chanyeol had been perfectly fine and now he was a sobbing mess in front of him. He didn't even try to cover his red face. 

'let it out, it's okay.. ' Baekhyun murmured, hesitantly pushing away wet strips of hair stuck on his forehead.

'do you t-think i-im a f-failure?' he asked, looking up to Baekhyun with teary eyes. Baekhyun shook his head and gave a small smile.

'Everyone feels like a failure at some point so it's okay. You just have to fight out of it,' Baekhyun said. Chanyeol stopped crying and nodded, placing his head in Baekhyun's lap. Baekhyun his hair until his breathing become normal.

After a few moments, his sniffling died down and the boy fell asleep, clutching onto Baekhyun's waist. Baekhyun looked down to see a peaceful sleepingy Chanyeol, softly snoring away which made him smile a little. He looked over to a night stand and saw the time was 23:09 pm.

He slowly pushed Chanyeol off him and set him in bed, putting the covers over his body and slowly getting out of bed. Once he successfully got off the bed without waking up Chanyeol, he quickly tip-toed to the door and slipped out as quietly as possible.

Baekhyun finally made it to his bedroom and shut the door behind him, plopping down onto his previously neat bed. He let out a heavy sigh as he fixed his vision on his white washed ceiling, reminiscing about the day's events.

He pictured himself being home at this time, curled up in bed with Midori, his white Siamese cat, watching re-runs of 'Boys Over Flowers'. His father would be slaving away in his office, fixing up any errors he came across in his work documents. His younger brother would either be hanging out with his best friends or lounging around at home, doing whatever it is 16 year olds did.

His mind then jumped from his family to the Choi family and how weird everything seemed. He remembered the warm smile Mr Choi gave him as he came down the stairs , too embarrassed, he looked away and glued his eyes to something else. 'weird' Baekhyun whispered to himself.

Then his mind halted when the name 'Choi Park Chanyeol' came up. His cheek instantly turned pink when he remembered Chanyeol's soft coffee eyes and soft touch. He played his smile over and over in his head as he smiled, he wasn't falling for his boss or anything but it sure was nice to have a good looking boss. But then he frowned when he remembered earlier moments and Chanyeol's puffy red eyes staring back at him. Since he'd probably get a mega hangover, Baekhyun told himself he'd get up first thing in the morning to give a hung over Chanyeol some aspirin and a good glass of water. 'yeah, Chanyeol would like that,' he said to himself, grinning. Moments later, he looked to his side and saw that it was now '00:47 pm'. He sighed and let his body relax before slipping into sleep, not caring to cover himself up.

 

---

 

Yi-Joo was laying in bed, listening to the latest 'hip' boy group from sm, NCT. She mutely sang along to every song until she felt herself falling victim to fatigue. She stopped her music and took out her earphones then set them on her night stand beside her bed. She then covered herself and attempted to fall asleep but was prevented by a soft thump.

She opened herself and examined her room but found nothing unusually and decided to shut her eyes, trying to fall asleep. She then heard another thump, this time much louder, come from the kitchen, where her bedroom was situated. She sighed in annoyance and got out of bed, grabbing her little flash light on her night stand and night gown off the floor. 

Yi tiptoed down the hallway and into the kitchen, clutching her flash light in hand as she scanned the surface, examining each corner and surface. The mansion had been completely silent and the only sound that could be heard was the thumping coming from behind a dusty old bookshelf.

'the .. ' She muttered, going towards the bookshelf. She touched each book and tried pushing them, like they did in the crimes shows and movies, and finally pressed the right now which caused the bookshelf to slid open to the side. The door led to a creepy looking hallway filled with webs and dust.

Yi chuckled, she knew a co-worker had to be playing a prank on her since everyone knows she sleeps the latest and is easily intrigued. 'challenge accepted' she thought, smirking as she made her way down the deserted dim hallway. Once she stepped in, the shelf shut causing her to jump a little and nearly letting her flash light fall. The thumping got louder and louder as she continued making her way down the long hallway. Yi wasn't easily frightened or creeped out but the hallway had a different feel. It was dim and was drenched in dust, spider webs and dirt with a terrible rotten stench that made her cough a little.

She then saw a door up a head and quickened her pace, soon she'll  find out what that stupid thumping noise was and be able to fall asleep. She approached the door and hesitantly grasped the dusty knob, giving it a twist before pushing the heavy door.

Nothing. All she saw was a simple bed, a black dresser and table filled with little stuff she couldn't make out. She sighed and entered the medium sized room, making sure to close it quietly behind her. Being her nosey self, she walked over and skimmed the entire room. She also noticed that the thumping stopped but shrugged it off. She slowly walked over to the table filled with shiny tools.

But strangely they weren't just shiny tools but weapons. There were a few butcher knives, some coated with a red liquid, along with syringes, bottles labeled as 'hydrochloric acid' and 'sulphuric acid' with a few dirty cloths and nails.

Yi, who was beginning to get a little freaked out, stood still as she felt her bare feet step into a wet puddle. She looked down and flashed her light on the puddle - which turned out to be fresh dark blood. Yi held back a scream as she dropped her flash light and ran towards the door, desperately trying to open it but to her surprise - it was locked. She then began to bang her fists against the door, screaming for help.

What she failed to notice was a dark figure sneaking up behind her.

'sweety, if you continue to bang like that, you'll wake the whole house.'  

Yi's eyes widened, instantly freezing at the hoarse voice that echoed from behind her. She gulped and turned her head slowly to the voice, who had been a dark figure dressed in all black with a bloody clown mask covering half his face.

Yi instantly went back to banging against the door, beginning to cry and scream for someone to hear her.  

The figure chuckled as he took a stepped towards her, grabbing a handful of Yi's hair and yanked her backwards, causing her to fall. She began screaming and struggling as he yanked her by hair to the bed. He then stopped once he was beside it, let go of Yi's hair before he grabbed both her hands, tying them together with handcuffs and hand cuffing them to the bed post, making it impossible for her to move or escape. He then grabbed tape and taped her feet together, making her a sitting duck.

'Let's have some fun, shall we, sweety?' he smirked.

Yi began to cry and beg for him not to hurt her to which the sadistic man only laughed to. He walked over to his little 'toy' table and grabbed a thin but sharp pointed carving knife and a bottle of hydrochloric acid before walking back to Yi, who only sobbed in silence as he walked up to her.

'now sweety, this may hurt a little so hold still, okay?.' he said, painting a picture perfect smile across his face. He stuffed a piece of cloth, which tasted of blood, into so she couldn't scream. He picked up the knife and pressed it against her pale milky neck. He smiled at how petrified and weak she looked, her muffled screaming giving him a sense of satisfaction. He had been in a hurry seeing that he had another body to work on so he decided to end this as quick as possible.

He pressed the tip into her flesh, grinning as blood spilled out, adding colour to her pale neck. Yi squirmed and struggled as he dug the tip deeper and deeper until half the knife was already into her. He stopped and looked up, seeing that Yi had passed out.

'sweety, you passed out already? Aww. Well, it was fun while it lasted.'  he said.

He pushed the whole knife in until the tip stuck out of the back of her neck then yanked the knife out, allowing blood to splatter all over her body and his. He smirked as he placed the knife on her jaw and dragged it across her neck to the other end of her jaw, allowing more blood to spill out.

'red was always a pretty colour. ' he smirked.

He grabbed the bottle of acid and poured it over the bloody display, grinning in a childlike manner as the acid melted away the remaining - now black- flesh.

He then uncuffed the body and dragged it to the center of the room, he decapitated the body and placed the head next to him. He then dismembered each limb and placed them in a black trash bag for later. He went back to work on the head; he skinned the head and stripped off the flesh before scooping out each eye, putting them in individual bottles filled with liquid as an extra 'trophy'.

He then placed the bloody head in case to work on tomorrow and went back to the dissected limbs. He cut up each limb into little pieces, placing all the bones in different cases for later use, and putting the pieces in a black trash bag. He cleaned up a bit and left his 'little' room with a shovel, a bouquet of *Red Spider Lilies and his black trash bag in hand. Instead of taking the hallway, he took a little secret door situated at the back of the room that led out to the outer further parts of the back yard where all the trees and thick bush were situated.

Once in the backyard, he walked out to the middle of the field and dug up a hole before pouring all the pieces of flesh in and covered it up. He placed the fresh bouquet of lilies on top of the patch of soil and smiled.

'goodnight, sweety.' he said before he broke away from the flowers and disappeared into the thick patch of trees.

 

---

 

Kris was the first to wake up the next morning and seeing that the sun was out, he decided to get some sunlight before the household would wake.  

He made his way downstairs and out to the backyard. He stood on the porch and observed the clear baby blue sky but something in the center of the field caught his eye.

'huh, new flowers.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

A/N extra info!

 

Footnotes:

 

-Pyeongchang-dong district in Jongno-gu is one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Korea. The area is lined with two- or three-story houses with a fairytale gable roof, a symbol of upscale homes in Korean society.

- Red Spider Lily or Higanbana (Japanese) is a flower that usually blooms near cemeteries around the autumnal equinox and are associated with death and reincarnation, and are often used in Japanese funerals. In Hanakotoba (the Japanese language of flowers) they symbolize loss, longing, abandonment and lost memories.