Running away

We didn't know

A few days have passed, and Ten didn’t see Jaehyun, not even once, the squad met up a few times but Jaehyun was nowhere to be found, the boys started worrying about their maknae, he was young and foolish, not like they were mature or responsible, but they had a better sense of responsibility than their baby, he never let them treat him like the youngest one, that happens only when he needs something from them and would use some of his aegyo on his hyungs that can never resist his cuteness yet manliness, Jaehyun is the type of guy who’d tell a girl she’s beautiful while discretely running his fingers down the girl’s friend’s skirt, as cliché as it may sound, Jaehyun used to be the handsome manly guy that girls fought over back in high school, he was tall, white enough to disappear in a picture with a white background , had deep dimples that fooled girls around making them think he was a cute, sincere, honest and an innocent boy, girls melt every time they see his smile and would secretly take photos of him during class, he knew they were watching him so to tease them a bit more, he’d pretend he didn’t know and slowly run his fingers through his hair all the way down to the back of his neck sinking his nails down  leaving a 5 seconds mark on it, that made girls lose their minds.

‘I can’t be bi ual’ Jaehyun questioned himself while walking back to his grandma’s house after buying some snacks, so that’s why the boys didn’t see him around the campus, he missed classes to go to his grandma’s house, Jaehyun didn’t think about being gay cuz he knew thought he was still attracted to girls, he enjoyed having with girls so how can he be gay? Come on!

‘What happens to Ten then?’ Jaehyun kept talking to himself ‘What if he reconsidered what happened and thought of it as a slight mistake?’ that kind of made him worry but he ignored that feeling ‘wait … but he ditched Jena after finding out he liked the kiss’ Jaehyun was so confused and worried, he didn’t know how to take what last happened between him and Ten ‘ but I can’t run away like this, Ten is a friend I care about, and what happened was a simple mistake’ he lied to himself for sure, Jaehyun slid his hand inside his pants’ pocket, picked his phone and called one of his ex girlfriends.

“Hello?” the girl picked up

“Hey Claire, it’s Jaehyun, where are you?” Jaehyun knew the girl would be down for anything he asks for.

“The mall” she answered “and I’m free tonight” she added, she couldn’t even resist Jaehyun’s voice.

“I didn’t ask if you were free though” Jaehyun teased.

“Well, are YOU free then?” she shamelessly asked.

“Yeah sure” he said cuz that’s why he called her in the first place.

“Let’s have a drink in my place then” she lied, that was obviously not the only thing they both had in mind.

“No” Jaehyun mattered “in MY place” he never invited a girl to his place before, he was the one being invited plus he always wanted to keep his own place his OWN.

“Your place?” she asked a bit confused, Claire has asked him to go to his place many times back when they were together but he never agreed “Alright alright! Your place it is then, see you tonight” she sounded excited unlike Jaehyun and hang up.

Jaehyun dropped by his grandma’s house to tell her he’s leaving “I gotta go back” he said kissing her temple and swung his bag through his shoulder to his back .

“Take some of the cookies I made to Ten, I know he likes them” she said getting up and heading to the kitchen, Jaehyun sighed, he couldn’t tell her ‘no it’s fine’ cuz that’d sound weird but at the same time he wasn’t ready to face Ten yet, so he just took the cookies and planned to give it to him whenever they met, he finally left and went back to the campus.

“Hey Jae?” Jaehyun heard someone calling him in the hallway when he was about to enter his room, he turned around and saw Yuta.

“Oh hey” Jaehyun greeted his hyung.

“Where have you been mother er?” Yuta ruffing the younger’s hair.

“Just here and there” he answered, Yuta eyed him,  “Grandma’s house” he continued.

“Oh I see, did she get me anything?” Yuta excitedly asked Jaehyun, everyone loved Jaehyun’s grandma, she’d always get them stuff to play with and some delicious food to eat.

“Nah, she got Ten his favorite cookies though” he said while opening his bag to get them and handed them to Yuta, “since you’re already here and I don’t know when I’ll meet him, can you give it to him?” he said and continued with “and don’t eat all of it, I know you’ll eat some so just make sure you leave him some”.

“You know me” Yuta smiled and left.

 

 

 

                                                                                            *******************************

 

 

Jaehyun  rested in his room for few hours, laying down on his bed and thinking about how straight he was, and how he shouldn’t have done that with Ten, he always made jokes about gay stuff with him, not that he was homophobic, but he never thought about liking a kiss he shared with a guy, he never thought those gay jokes would turn out that way one day, he doubted the fact that he was bi, cuz being completely gay sounded too impossible to him, the sound of his phone ringing cut his thoughts off, it was a text message from Claire ‘Open the door Jae’ he read it and being the lazy he was, he never actually locked the door for one reason, to simply not get up to open it everytime someone knocks on his door, “it’s open” he shouted and Claire got in wearing a mini black dress that showed her long skinny legs, the upper part was too catchy as well, she managed to rock that look making her collarbone attractive with the cute necklace she was wearing, she tied her hair and showed her milky neck that Jaehyun has eaten up many times, Claire was gorgeous, I mean come on, Jaehyun used to date her, she’s indeed gorgeous.

Jaehyun eyed her from head to toe “You look” he gulped “stunning” he said, and he meant it.

“Thanks” she said while casually walking in as if it wasn’t her first time,  Jaehyun makes people feel comfortable around him for some reason, only the ones close to him though.

“Wait, I’ll be right back” he got up and went to get a drink.

Claire sat on the edge of Jaehyun’s bed, her eyes wandered around the place, it was the campus’ room, almost similar to hers which made her more comfortable.

“here” Jaehyun said as he handed her the drink.

“Thanks” she accepted it

“you keep thanking me and I still didn’t do anything yet” he amusingly said “keep it for later” he took a sip of his drink.

“Tch” she chuckled, “you’re still the same, I se-“ she couldn’t finish her sentence when she felt Jaehyun’s hand caressing her thigh.

“You know what?” Jaehyun spoke as he kept teasing her thigh with one hand and slowly putting the drink on the table with the other, “Let’s just get right into it” he said and pushed her back slowly to his bed.

He looked at her face and smirked “let’s start by erasing that red lipstick, mind?”

She nodded.

 

 

                                                                                            ********************************

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

Ten who was with Taeyong, walking back to the campus from their last class passed by Yuta’s room.

“Hyung!” Ten called when he didn’t see Yuta inside his room, he was sure Yuta was there cuz he didn’t lock the door.

“Oh god” Taeyong sighed, “what the are you doing?” he asked Yuta when he saw him sitting in the corner eating cookies with closed eyes as if he was eating the most delicious thing that existed, Ten turned and saw Yuta there “Those cookies look familiar to me” he said, “and I feel like” he sniffed “they are for me” he continued.

“Don’t worry I’m sure I left you some here” Yuta said with a full mouth pointing at the box in front of him, “Jaehyun asked me to give it to you, he’s back”.

That made Ten’s heart beat faster for some reason, he didn’t know why, but being able to finally see that jerk after what last happened between them  made him…happy? Nervous?   “I’ll leave you here Taeyong hyung, you can have some of my cookies, I’ll go thank Jaehyun” he said while already walking out the door.

Ten took the stairs up, he stopped by his room first and threw his bag somewhere, and headed to Jaehyun’s room that was next to his.

“Jae why didn’t you cal-“ he said while opening the door and stopped when he saw his friend, Jaehyun on some girl making out with her on the bed (luckily, they still had their clothes on), Jaehyun turned and saw Ten, he smiled and looked back at Claire “Are you down for a ?” he spoke loud enough for Ten to hear him, “anything” she moaned, Jaehyun smirked and turned to call out Ten, but he was nowhere to be seen, Ten already left and closed the door behind.

 

Jaehyun had this feeling growing up in him each time he kissed a different spot of Claire, it was guilt, he tried to ignore it but stopped doing  ‘god knows what’ to Claire who just eyed him and waited for him to get back to ‘work’ .

“Let’s stop here” he said sitting on the edge of his bed.

“What? Why?” Claire asked frustrated, I mean he just turned her on and now he’s leaving her …well … ‘frustrated’.

Jaehyun stood up, wore his shirt and left Claire in the room, he headed to Ten’s room and stopped right in front of the door when he heard laughter coming out of his hyung’s room, that was Taeyong’s voice for sure, Ten was with Taeyong having some good time together, so Ten didn’t feel anything when he saw Jaehyun with Claire, “it’s just me over thinking it again” he said under his breath and took the stairs to go out and take some fresh air, he wanted to chase all those weird ideas away from his head  “haha me?  Liking Ten? Haha” he faked a laugh “of course I like him, he’s my friend, what’s so weird about this huh Jae?” Jaehyun kept convincing himself that everything’s okay and normal, and he was the one having weird thoughts when suddenly...

“BOO!” Yuta booed to scare Jaehyun from behind but failed.

“Oh my god” Jaehyun dramatically acted as if he was scared putting both hands on his chest “nice try” he added with half opened eyes.

“What’s worrying our maknae too much that he’s going on a walk this late?” Yuta asked with a smile.

“nothing” Jaehyun answered.

“so you don’t wanna talk huh? Okay” Yuta didn’t wanna force Jaehyun to speak up, “Let’s go meet Taeyong and Ten, they’re not sleeping yet” he said grabbing Jaehyun’s hand and dragging him to Ten’s room, Jaehyun resisted with a “wait hyung” , “ hyung stop you’re hurting my arm” but Yuta ignored him.

They entered Ten’s room and found Ten and Taeyong laughing and eating their favorite late snack: ramen.

“How dare you?” Yuta gasped when he saw them eating, “this is your second time betraying me Ten” he warned and added “I won’t let you go the next time”.

Ten looked up and his eyes met Jaehyun’s, he smiled at him but Jaehyun was frozen, he didn’t know what to do, he has made so many mistakes, how can he face Ten and smile back?

The boys  spent their night playing games without Yuta and Taeyong noticing the awkward atmosphere between Ten and Jaehyun.

“it’s no fun without Johnny and Hansol” Taeyong complained.

“Let’s play the king game” Yuta suggested.

“Okay cool” the boys agreed and each one of them wrote an action on a paper, so each one of them had to take two cards, one that has a number or the king’s sign and the other one has an action, the king randomly picks the action and asks for 2 of the 3 numbers to do it.

“it’s kind of boring with just the 4 of us” Ten complained.

“Shut up and pick a card already” Yuta being savage again.

The boys picked their cards and Yuta screamed “YAS! I’m the king”.

“pick the action your majesty” Taeyong said handing him the box with both hands and bowing, making Yuta feel as if really, he was a king.

Yuta did so and thought about the numbers he’d pick,it was somehow boring indeed cuz he had to choose two numbers from 1 to 3.

Yuta was about to choose the numbers when someone’s phone started ringing.

“Whose phone is that?” Yuta acted angry “who dares to interrupt the king?”

“it’s mine your majesty” Ten said “please excuse me for a minute, I’ll receive your punishment when I’m done” he continued making a funny face.

Ten stepped out of the room to talk and the boys waited for him to continue the game, he came  back and announced that he had to go.

“Sorry guys, Johnny needs me” he said while wearing his jacket.

“You ruined the game!!” Taeyong complained …again.

“I’ll make it up to you later okay!” Ten said leaving and waving his hand with his back facing them.

Jaehyun watched him disappear from his sight and sighed.

 

 

“Hey Johnny” Ten called Johnny who was waiting for him near some club “what’s up?”

“You forgot we were meeting or what?” Johnny said and pointing at his watch “you’re late” he added.

“to be honest? Yeah we were playing a game so I completely forgot about it” Ten replied while both of them walked inside the club.

“Okay I’m getting hard” Johnny said as soon as they got in when he saw a half girl dancing, she was tall, skinny and y “I’ll get her, she’s mine” he said leaving Ten behind.

“We didn’t even get our drinks” Ten called but Johnny didn’t hear him so he gave up “ Look at him drooling” he chuckled.

Ten went to get a drink and sat down,  “are you alone?” a girl sat next to him.

“Do I look alone?” Ten asked without taking a glance to see her face.

“Yes?” she replied  massaging his shoulder and Ten could’t ignore that.

“So you wanna play?” he asked looking at her lips and leaning slowly for a kiss.

“Yeah” she said in an extremely seductive way.

Ten leaned a bit closer, close enough to feel each others’ breath, he smirked and when the girl parted her lips, he moved away.

“Nah just kidding” he said pouring a drink, “ we ain’t playing”.

“You’re such a turn off” the girl lied and went away.

“I told him I won’t let anyone kiss some lips he bit” Ten thought to himself, “and yet he didn’t take my words seriously” Ten a bit vexed said under his breath.

 

Both of Jaehyun and Ten lived as straight boys for over 20 years now, you don’t expect them to accept the fact that they suddenly turned gay for each other, they tried so hard to forget about it and started avoiding each other which made the situation much worse cuz whenever they bumped into each other or the squad met, they start acting weird, faking laughs, avoiding eye contacts and any kind of touching, Jaehyun stopped making fun of Ten and telling gay jokes and Ten stopped ordering him around, Jaehyun was the only one who was younger than him, he’d always order him to do this and that but all of it stopped now, were the other boys able to smell something?

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! This seems to have a 3rd chapter, I really didn't plan to keep it this long, I'll update this as soon as I get some free time cuz I'm back to school kkaebsong ~ 

Tell me guys if you like it and your opinions about it, that'll make my day trust me! so make sure you comment huh?  and thank you for subscribing I really appreciate it!