Merry Christmas - My Way To Confess

Merry Christmas - My Way To Confess

 

"Let's play a game."

"Sure."

I sighed as i thought to myself, I'm not in the mood to play any games... I'm gonna spend this year's christmas single again.

"Let's play... 'Complete the sentence'."

I raised my eyebrows and glanced at Sungyeol. "What?" 

"Complete the sentence."

I rolled my eyes and stared at the calm sea. We are sitting on a beach together. Usually, i would refuse to go out on Christmas. But since it's my best friend Lee Sung Yeol, i agreed.

"That's lame. Change it." I said, turning my head, locking eyes with him. My heart skipped a beat. Although I've gotten used to this weird symptom whenever i'm near him, i'll still blush furiously, as if my cheeks were on fire.

I turned away, acting as if nothing has happened. Sungyeol laughed at my reaction and refused to change the game.

"Fine."

"I'll be the one starting the sentence, alright?"

"Hey! Why do you get to choose? It's not fair." I pouted, crossing my arms and acting as if i was angry.

"Sorry, too late."

I look at Sungyeol's expression and knew that i can't change his mind anymore. I nodded in defeat and allow him to start first.

"Hello."

"Nice to meet you?"

"Correct!" He chuckled and ruffled my hair. He looked up at the sky and act as if he is in a deep thought.

"Do you know?"

"I don't know?"

Sungyeol cracked up at my answer. I tilted my head to the left, not sure if i am supposed to laugh with him or not. After a little while, his laughter ceased and the game continued. 

The game was getting more and more aimless... Until Sungyeol got me stuck at a question.

"Merry Christmas."

"And a happy new year?"

Sungyeol shook his head, stifling laughter.

"Uhm, merry christmas, merry christmas... Oh! Merry Christmas, everyone?"

Sungyeol burst into laughter and shook his head again. I kicked the sand and glared at him, threatening,"Tell me the answer. Or else i'll go home." It seemed to do the trick, since Sungyeol widen his eyes and immediately motioned for me to move closer to him. I placed my hand behind my left ear as he moved his mouth towards my ear, with a hand cupping one side of his mouth.

"Merry Christmas. I love you."

I widen my eyes, staring at Sungyeol. I was about to brush this off as a joke when Sungyeol grabbed my hand.

"I love you. I really do. I could remember three years back, when we both first met, exactly on this day. I'm not a person who believes in love at first sight. But i started to believe in it when i first saw you. That night, over here at this beach, i befriended you. You were alone, crying. I could remember so vividly that you're sobbing and saying that you're going to spend christmas alone. From that moment onwar---"

Sungyeol stopped as you grabbed his right hand, pulling it to get a better look. "Yah, Lee Sung Yeol!" You screamed as you saw his arm filled with writings. He looked down, feeling ashamed. "S-sorry... I want to make my speech the most memorable on for you..." He stammered, shutting his eyes tight, preparing for me to yell at him.

I giggled, playfully punching him. He opened his eyes slowly and smiled, relieved after seeing my cheerful face.

"Oppa... I really like you too. My heart will start beating faster if i get closer to you or even locking eyes with you. Is this what you call 'love'?"

"Yeah, this is." He said, grinned widely at me. He hesitantly placed his arm around my shoulder and said,"I want to spend every Christmas with you. I want our first date to be on a Christmas. I want to get married with you on a Christmas too." I look at him, shocked, saying,"Are you serious?! Then we have to wait a year before we can do any of those..." 

Sungyeol smirked and teased,"You just can't wait, can you?" I felt my cheeks burn and i shot him a deathly glare for teasing me. 

"Anyways, because you are so impatient, we're going on a date now." He laughed and stood up. I stared at him with a are-you-serious look again and stood up too. "Where are we going?"

"A church." He gave me a small smile before dragging me onto his car. 

Once we reach the church, i was blindfolded. "Yah, oppa." I warned in a serious tone as he let go of my hand, leaving me standing alone. I sighed as i stay rooted to where i was, afraid that something bad will happen if i ever move.

"You may now get that blindfold off, dear." Sungyeol's voice startled me. I giggled, wondering what surprise does Sungyeol have for me. 

I gasp, tears filling my eyes as i saw Sungyeol kneeling infront of me, holding out an opened small red box, which contained a simple diamond ring.

"Marry me."

Hope you enjoyed this one-shot :)

I'm not so good at writing romancey things

Enjoy, Comment, Subscribe

Lastly...

MERRY

CHRISTMAS

I LOVE ALL MY SUBBERS