The Budding Friendship and Taecyeon's Girlfriend

I'll have a TaecKhun and... a TaecKhun, please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Set in the Hot Blood men were actually American Football players universe, the beginning of Nichkhun's friendship with Taecyeon and his odd behaviour after Taecyeon dated a girl. I'm sorry, there's no banging in here. Muhahahaha. They're not even a couple in here.

Nichkhun moved in to South Korea because of his father’s job. Moving about was almost too familiar for him. He was born in Thailand, but he grew up in the States. When he was fifteen, his father’s company decided he should be the one handling the new branch in Seoul, so the family moved. Nichkhun had a brother and two sisters—it was quite a big family. His sisters were then transferred to a private all-girls school meanwhile his brother went to state high school. He, who was still a middle school student, was stuck alone in nearby state middle school.

It was ridiculous to move in there. None of his family could speak Korean, but they were all good in English. The problem was… when a kid was too profound in English, sometimes they became preys of envious native Korean kids.

To begin with, Koreans were basically racist and it was no secret. Nichkhun had long lived in quite heterogenic neighbourhood, and it was quite a shock for him to find that he was considered as an outcast because of his Thai ancestry. His good look did not help. Even girls badmouthed him behind his back, although they spoke quite sweetly to his face. He could not have proper conversation with anybody for weeks, but he knew he should try.

In his class, there was another outcast. From what he was told by a teacher, this outcast was a transfer student from USA, the same as him, and he wasn’t good in Korean too. Nichkhun would not notice him if he wasn’t so tall and imposing and handsome. That outcast could pass a talent audition easily with his look. Nichkhun tried to approach him, but he was avoiding everyone in every given situation, leaving Nichkhun with no choice but to withstand the humiliation of losing pocket money and being insulted without him knowing what exactly the words meant.

His parents were worried, asking him if everything went well at school. He said it was all right and he would get used to it soon, but his siblings knew better. Nichan, his brother, confided him to fight back, without even asked him to explain what had happened. His sisters, Chereen and Yanin agreed that he must try to evade them without physically engaged in fight. He wanted to do so, honestly, but he sympathized with his bullies. They made him sad. They must not have any better activities to do so they picked on people they considered lower than themselves and bullied them.

It was nothing for him, to give up his pocket money and receive insults, but one day, a girl came up to him and talked nicely to him. She even helped him to understand better by speaking slower and using the basest form of phrases. He was thankful. Yes, he truly was. But then, a few days later, he was dragged to a lonely park by his usual bullies. They punched him, kicked him, and spat on him. He did not know what was happening, and only then he realized that the girl trapped him. The girl was a part of popular girls group, and these bullies worshipped them. Even if it was not his fault that he was suddenly close to one of them, the bullies did not care, and just blamed it on him. He was on the verge of his consciousness when he heard footsteps draw closer and then in no time, he heard thumps of fallen bodies and soon frantic footsteps that left the scene.

“Hey, are you all right?” an unfamiliar husky voice asked in English. It was nice to hear someone talk in language he understood well. Nichkhun opened his eyes with the final spurt of his energy. The other outcast was looking at him concernedly, crouching. His hand was put on Nichkhun’s back.

“Yeah, thanks,” he managed to reply.

“Sorry, I should have done something sooner about them,” the other boy said. Despite his mean look, his words and tone were gentle and caring. Could it be that this fearsome outcast was actually a kind-hearted guy?

“No, it’s okay. I should have foreseen it.” Nichkhun did not want to put the blame on anyone else. The boy helped him to get on his feet.

“You could fight them, I can tell,” the boy said, surprising Nichkhun, “But you didn’t. You shouldn’t sympathize with these useless kids, really.” Every word he said gave Nichkhun the impression of mind-reader. Could this guy have that sort of power?

“I…” Nichkhun was at loss of words.

“Self-defence is legally allowed, even here, Thai Sweet Prince.” Now, Nichkhun was dumbfounded. It was the first time they actually talked to each other and it caused him to blush a little as to find out that the boy was in fact paying attention to him.

“What’s with the nickname?” he asked, attempting on hiding his shyness.

“That’s what everyone calls you. Don’t you know, Mr. Horvejkul?”

“You know my name!” Nichkhun shouted. It was inevitable, but he really never thought the boy would ever know his name. The boy, however, laughed merrily at his reaction. Nichkhun swatted the boy on the arm—it was surprisingly well-muscled.

“One can only know when they have a classmate with such ridiculous name.”

“My name is not ridiculous!” Nichkhun slapped his arm again, this time harder. The boy did not stop trolling him, though.

“It is ridiculously long and it is ridiculously hard to write!”

“Is your name any better?!”

Nichkhun could not help but to delve into the talk. Well, he had known the boy’s name, but personal introduction was always better than… information-hunt. The boy, confidently, said:

“My name is Ok Taecyeon and that’s it.”—He smirked—“But you knew that already.”

“What—what do you mean?” Nichkhun stuttered, anticipating. Ok Taecyeon grinned widely, stating, “You don’t mean you would expect me to miss the obvious hints? You had been trying to talk to me before but you never actually got into action, right?” If beaten up was a big humiliation, then being ridiculed by the one who had just saved you a few minutes ago would be an even bigger humiliation. Nichkhun wanted, more than anything, to punch this guy squarely on the face, but the guy’s eyes were sparkling with joy and kindness. Nichkhun was weak against this kind of person.

“If you knew, you should have let me talk to you,” he said, quite miserably. He suddenly felt a little bit light-headed and his legs had started to slightly wobble. Taecyeon grabbed on him tightly, feared that Nichkhun could tumble and fall anytime now. His laughter died down eventually.

“Sorry about that, but I must be cautious,” Taecyeon solemnly said, “Let’s go, I’ll walk you home. Where do you live?”

Incredulous was how fate let them meet. Taecyeon was genuinely astounded as they arrived at Nichkhun’s house, saying how close it was to his own. They were neighbours and they did not even know it. Nichkhun’s family was immediately panicking when they saw him black and blue, but they also rejoiced at the sight of Taecyeon, the indication of Nichkhun finally made friends at school. The boy was quickly accepted by the Thai family. He bowed ninety degrees to anyone, he ate well and volunteered to bring and do the dishes, he dressed properly, and he spoke politely. His sisters’ appreciation was way past the roof, thanks to his handsome face and great figure. Nichkhun wondered what he did to those bullies. Watching him like this only made him curious.

After that day, they became close. No one bothered Nichkhun anymore since. Everyone somehow avoided Taecyeon and when Nichkhun asked, the boy shortly explained that last year, he almost broke a bad-natured teacher’s arm for trying to hit him on the head with a wooden ruler—and he actually broke some guys’ arms, legs, and nose for violating his older sister. Well, the story would not be believable if Nichkhun had not seen the look on teachers and students as they walked past them at the corridor.

“So you are as scary as your face implies,” Nichkhun concluded jokingly.

“Yah! What do you mean by that?” Taecyeon hollered, but he laughed.

“But your family doesn’t treat you like a delinquent,” said Nichkhun, remembering.

“Well, my family knows I don’t do that for fun. I defend myself or others from being mistreated. It’s not delinquency.”

“Shame,” Nichkhun said.

“Why?”

“Your face is an asset for that kind of business.”

“My face is an asset for practically every kind of business!” Even though it was true, Nichkhun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter