4/4

Forest Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

aaand last part! i hope you guys enjoyed the "short ride" :) there's not enough myunggyu/gyusoo out there hehe *^*//

warnings: blood, pain...angsty stuff.

spoiler: happy end



 

It was three days later that Hyuna and Leo shifted. Latter turned into his human form when the couple was in the kitchen and almost crawled into the open fireplace, had Howon not shouted “DA!”. Thanks to that Myungsoo stopped Leo in time. The incident reminded them to make the hut more “toddler-proof”. As the three toddlers played with each other, it got obvious to Sunggyu that Hyuna had finally submitted to Howon. The fact that her brother had turned first, had probably secured him the position as the highest ranked pup in the pack. That didn’t keep Hyuna from starting scuffles with her brother though. Often enough, they’d start pulling at each other’s hair until Sunggyu had to separate them. Leo was more focused on following Myungsoo or Sunggyu around, observing them with an intense eagerness to learn.

 

Areum was the last one to shift, almost two weeks after Howon had done it first. Just like her fur was the brightest, her hair was also of the lightest color in the litter. It was dark blond while most of her sibling’s had brown or dark brown hair. She was a bit smaller compared to her other siblings, but Areum had always been the baby of the family. She secretly was Sunggyu’s favorite out of the five, though Myungsoo kept telling him it wasn’t a secret. It was clear as day that the alpha adored the little girl. He often let her sit on his shoulders as he walked around. Her tiny hands would tear at his hair, but Sunggyu always took the pain with a smile. Her joy and excitement over being up high and able to observe everything made him happier than anything else.

 

Having five human toddlers in the house proved to be quite exhausting. They were even more curious than before, crawling around and touching everything. Every single object needed to be felt and, most importantly, put into their mouth. They tried to eat everything they saw and most of the time, the couple just observed them and let them make their own experience. Often enough the cubs only tried to eat something once and then noticed it tasted absolutely horrible.

 

Myungsoo spent more time in the kitchen, cooking human food for the toddlers to eat. Raw meat wasn’t something they could give to the kids and the little ones didn’t make a single try to turn back into their wolf forms. Why would they when there was so much to explore, so many things to do with their new hands and feet?

 

His lover left him alone with them whenever he traveled to town to buy groceries or clothes for them. Being alone with five children was even more exhausting, especially since they had the tendency to not listen to him. They had been much more obedient in their wolf forms. Sunggyu tried to get them to shift once more but the toddlers stayed stubborn. The big advantage of everything was that he was gifted more time until he had to turn Myungsoo into a were. They were both distracted with the kids and the human hadn’t brought it up in weeks.

 

 

 

 

 

Eventually it was time to face his fears though.

 

Sunggyu made Myungsoo sit down on the edge of the bed.  “Are you sure? Do you want it to be today? We could do it tomorrow-“

 

“Sunggyu! We’ve already delayed it like 10 times.” Myungsoo cupped his cheeks and pulled him down so their eyes were on the same level. “I’m ready, the cubs are sleeping deeply and it’s not winter outside anymore.”

 

He sighed. “The cubs will resent me forever if something happens to you.”

 

“Nothing will happen, except for my entire being changing, but you know- we will pull through.”

 

Sunggyu hummed. He kissed Myungsoo’s lips. “I love you. No matter what happens, I want you to remember that.”

 

The younger man smiled, although it seemed a little shaky now. “I love you too.”

 

He pulled away and took his clothes off. There was no need to hide or ask for privacy. They had seen each other more than enough. He shifted when he was done and Myungsoo buried his hands in his fur with a smile. “I’m ready, Sunggyu.”

 

The alpha whined softly and nudged Myungsoo’s hand with his snout. The human took his pants off. Sunggyu took a deep breath. While many thought you had to bite into the neck to turn a human, any spot usually worked. A werewolf bite either turned or killed a human. Sunggyu didn’t want to leave the scar of the bite where humans would be able to spot it, so Myungsoo and he had decided on his left thigh together. He glanced up at Myungsoo again but the man just nodded in consent.

 

Sunggyu bared his teeth with a low growl. Myungsoo flinched in his spot but didn’t flee. He could smell the fear coming from the human and it almost made him stop, but there was determination in Myungsoo’s eyes that told him to continue. It only took a second in the end. Sunggyu’s head snapped forward and he buried his teeth in the younger man’s thigh. Myungsoo shouted out in pain but then quieted himself with his hand as to not wake the pups. Sunggyu didn’t linger longer than necessary and retracted his teeth again. He over the wound and whined apologetically.

 

Myungsoo cried quietly and let his body fall backwards onto the bed. Sunggyu quickly shifted again and grabbed a towel to wrap it around his lover’s thigh to stop the bleeding. The human’s quiet crying made Sunggyu’s heart ache. “Ssssh, love. I know it hurts. I know.”

 

He crawled onto the bed to embrace Myungsoo’s trembling body. The alpha pulled him against his chest and Myungsoo wrapped his arms around him. Nails scratched his back but Sunggyu didn’t mind it. Myungsoo was going through much more pain. “I told you the bite would hurt but I also told you this is just the start. The werewolf poison takes about 24 hours to overtake your system. It will hurt worse when it tears at your skin, breaks your bones and rearranges them to something else. It will attack your mind when the pain has you weak and writhing, but you have to be strong for me, Myungsoo.”

 

His lover whimpered in pain and he felt the wet traces of tears on his chest. Sunggyu Myungsoo’s hair. “I love you.”

 

Myungsoo just hugged him tighter in return but the alpha didn’t need any words from him right now. He knew that Myungsoo felt the same.

 

 

 

 

 

The next night, the real pain of the turning hit. Sunggyu had to trap Myungsoo on the bed with his body so he wouldn’t hurt himself. The younger man was screaming beneath him, trying to break free by trashing around. Sweat was covering Myungsoo’s body and his eyes were blown wide in fear. Sunggyu’s heart was breaking more with every pained scream that left his lover’s mouth. Fear was reigning in his chest. It looked like Myungsoo was lost in his pain and Sunggyu was scared the human’s mind would be damaged too much by the end of this night. It was possible he would lose his Myungsoo to the wolf.

 

The cubs were awake, unable to sleep with all the screaming and even if he had pushed something in to Myungsoo’s mouth to quiet him, the pups would’ve still known something was wrong. One of their parents was in pain and it had them on the edge as well. Sunggyu didn’t let them come any closer than one meter though. Whenever one of them tried, he growled at them with a real threat hanging in the air. They knew better than to go against his decision right now.

 

Myungsoo reared up beneath him with an almost bestial scream. His gaze was wild, going everywhere but to Sunggyu. “Myungsoo, stay with me, love. Please. Remember me. And the pups. Areum, Jong, Leo, Howon and Hyuna are all waiting for you.”

 

That seemed to get his attention again. Myungsoo clenched his teeth and looked over to the side where the five toddlers were sitting, holding each other while crying in fear for him. Tears filled Myungsoo’s eyes and Sunggyu dropped a kiss on his nose. “That’s right. We’re all here with you. Fight, Myungsoo. Win. You control the wolf, it doesn’t control you.”

 

Myungsoo scrunched up his face in concentration. Sunggyu flinched when he heard a bone break. A clear sign the first shift was starting. Myungsoo screamed in pain once more and Sunggyu knew it wouldn’t get any better. Once Myungsoo had made it through this, shifting would become much easier with every time he tried. Turning a human meant forcing the shift on him, while born werewolves were ready from birth for the burden of a shift.

 

As the human’s body structure changed, the hairs on his arms and legs started to grow thicker and longer. Fur pushed through his skin and it was of a nice, black color like Myungsoo’s hair. Sunggyu barked at the cubs to get into the bathroom and the little toddlers scrambled away on their hands and knees. He didn’t want them in the same room, just in case Myungsoo’s wolf would turn mad and attack anything near it. He really hoped that wouldn’t happen though. Sunggyu wasn’t ready to kill his lover. “You can do it. Accept the change.”

 

Sunggyu let go of him as to not disturb the sh

Please log in to read the full chapter