unsynchronized equilibrium

through adversity to the stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you think he’s going to be okay?”

“He already looks kind of green,”

Seokmin chokes a little as someone elbows him in the stomach. Jihoon thought it was Seungkwan, but Seokmin is actually staring at Soonyoung with defeated puppy eyes. Seungkwan instead looks kind of uneasy himself, and he isn’t the one crossing the bridge onto the boat.

Jihoon hesitates in reaching to pat Seungkwan’s shoulder, instead turning to Seungcheol, nudging him a little before inclining his head towards the younger. Seungcheol understands immediately.

Jihoon is noting how Seungkwan’s red hair is fading as the wind ruffles it, as Seungcheol puts an arm around him. “He’ll be okay, Kwan,” the eldest says softly.

Jihoon shuffles to stand on his other side and loops his arm through Seungkwan’s, though he doesn’t return the uncertain look the other boy gives him. His eyes remain on the brunnette taking the last steps on solid ground before he gets onto the large ship.

“Junhui is on that ship too, so it’s not like he’ll be alone,” Jeonghan reassures them all as Hansol shows the crew member his ID badge and then clambers onto the ship. He disappears through one of the corridors, probably to find his room.

“Why aren’t you on there too?” Seungcheol asks, coming to the realisation. This is the biggest deployment for months, and if they were to have a promising cadet on board to help the doctors, it would be Jeonghan.

“Can’t swim,” Jeonghan answers with a shrug.

“You’re joking,” Jisoo gasps, sounding horrified. “Jeonghan, you can’t just… not know how to swim,”

Jeonghan gives him a look. “Haven’t known for twenty-one years, and I’m not in a rush to learn it now,

“I’m teaching you how to swim straight after we see Han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter