character profiles

through adversity to the stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Seungcheol | Army

Choi Seungcheol, 21, and the dorm head and leader of his patrol. Training for the army, he's often seen running around campus in his cargo pants and black t-shirt doing errands to keep the students and the teacher officers in peaceful harmony. Always in variations of the uniform, he never actually gets told off because the school knows they would probably descend into chaos without him. Despite being in different divisions, he spends a lot of time with his best friend, Lee Jihoon, and people think he's the only one who can understand the pilot prodigy.

 

Yoon Jeonghan | Medical

Yoon Jeonghan, 21, known more for his pretty looks and often sluggish ways, is actually the brightest kid in the medical department. He might be asleep in class and looking bored in practicals, but when it comes down to it, no one remembers the volume of medicine to inject better than Jeonghan, or stitches wounds closed neater or faster than Jeonghan. Some leer at him because they think he's cheating, but you can't cheat stitching up an infected wound, and Jeonghan just shrugs his shoulders, unbothered. He keeps his uniform pretty clean, but sometimes there's crinkles in his shirt. The times when there isn't, you know he's either visited Jihoon or Jisoo.

 

Hong Jisoo | Diplomat

Hong Jisoo, 21, grew up overseas like Hansol, but his retention of the language was soon discovered to be a skill. Within a year at the academy, he had mastered nearly four languages with next to native fluency, and was still eager to learn more. In line for a diplomacy position, Jisoo's personality fits it better than anyone - always gentle and soft in his manner of speaking, but never failing to stand his ground when he feels injustice is afoot. He roomed with Jihoon in the boy's first year and they got along swimmingly, the two of them with uncreased, immaculate uniform. He has since found friendship in the rest of the group, and Jeonghan thinks he's gotten a whole lot more crazy since that time he went to the games arcade with Seokmin and Soonyoung.....

 

Wen Junhui | Exceptional Circumstance

Wen Junhui, 20, was the outcast genius. A curious child with a certain knack for fixing things, it wasn't long until everyone knew engineering was his calling. But it wasn't just the everyday items that Junhui could fix - it was everything. And a fifteen year old who could figure out how to dismantle a tank with just ten minutes inside, was viewed as dangerous, and Junhui was forced to leave his country. His country rejected his talents out of fear, but the defence force quickly recognised the benefits and took him in. One of the few not in a military division, Junhui studies all the mechanics of the machinery; but he can figure it all out pretty quickly, so there's not much for him to study really. He befriends Minghao as soon as the other boy arrives, if only for the fact Minghao will go eat dumplings with him every day if he asked.

 

Kwon Soonyoung | Medical 

Kwon Soonyoung, 20, is often viewed as a squishy, lovable friend, and that works perfectly for him. In the medical division alongside Jeonghan, Soonyoung stays away from the blood and the missing limbs, and instead delves into the mind. He's interested in the way the mind works and how it operates and affects every other part of our body. With a smile that makes his eyes disappear and gentle hands, Soonyoung easily helps people confide in him to relieve their burdens, and with PTSD and other trauma related illnesses plaguing the military in every division, his passion and abilities are more important now than ever. But his fun antics aren't just to make people smile after they confide in him, his friends often groan whenever they see him share a mischievous smile with Seokmin.

 

Jeon Wonwoo | Intelligence

Jeon Wonwoo, 20, like his friend Mingyu, also excels at the blank-face-change-to-cute-smile trick, but instead of using

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter