Waiting Just For You

Lost Memories

Joshua let out a troubled sigh as he glanced impatiently between his phone screen and the elevator door just around the corner in which he was hiding. 4:32… The numbers were displayed on the illumination of his phone. What’s taking him so long? The person on Joshua’s mind could only be one person - the same person that was set as his lock screen - Jeonghan.

 

Restless and slightly impatient, Joshua unlocked his phone and opened up his text messages. Typing like a mad man with his thumbs, he let out another sigh as he pressed the send button.

 

~Where are you?~

 

Joshua’s eyes snapped away from his phone as he heard the ding of the elevator. Panicking, Joshua let out a deep sigh of relief when he glanced around the corner. It wasn’t Jeonghan. Forgetting that he had rushed out of his apartment room still in his comfy clothes, not to mention wearing his white slippers, Joshua couldn’t help but blink in embarrassment as the person from the elevator passed by him.

 

The sudden buzzing of his phone in his hand nearly gave Joshua a heart attack; he looked at his messages.

 

~I just arrived… coming up the elevator now.~

 

Just as his eyes glided over Jeonghan’s reply, he heard another ding around the corner. Joshua didn’t have to look and check - it was Jeonghan.

 

Joshua sprinted as fast as he could down the hallway with his white slippers nearly tripping him several times. If Jeonghan sees me, it’s all over. He thought to himself, just as he swung open the apartment door he had purposely left slightly ajar and slammed the door behind him.

 

There wasn’t any extra time to think - Joshua fast walked over to the living room table, snatching the lighter in his right hand, and lighting a scented candle with a few failed attempts. He didn’t have to hear the footsteps to know that Jeonghan was approaching. Joshua rushed over to the microwave, fixed up his frazzled hair and just barely made it to his seat just as he heard keys rustling at the door.

 

Joshua tried to act as natural as possible, opening a book within arm's reach and flipping it open to a random page. He attempted to act captivated in his book as the door to their apartment swung open.

 

“I’m home, Joshua,” Just Jeonghan’s voice alone made Joshua’s heart flutter, but he maintained his ‘natural’ composure.

 

“Welcome back,” Joshua smiled gently as he stood up to greet Jeonghan, letting the book fall to the table. The two approached each other and Joshua blushed bright red when Jeonghan laid a kiss on his cheek.

 

“How are you?” Jeonghan smiled, tucking a strand of his long hair behind his ears as he placed down his work bag. “Did I make you wait long?”

 

Joshua stepped forward as soon as Jeonghan placed down his stuff and wrapped his arms around his body from the back. Jeonghan jolted slightly in surprise at the sudden approach but immediately spread his lips in a smile as he realised it was Joshua.

 

“What’s wrong? Did you miss me that much?” Jeonghan said as he turned his neck around to try and get a glance at Joshua. Joshua did not say anything as he nudged his head further into Jeonghan’s jacket. It was warm, yet slightly wet from the pitter patter of rain outside the building.

 

After what seemed like an eternity, Joshua let his grasp around Jeonghan fall and he backed a step away. “How was work?” He said, helping Jeonghan remove his outside coat and draping it over a nearby chair.

 

“It was fine,” Jeonghan replied, eyes following Joshua’s every move, “I couldn’t concentrate very well though.”

 

    Joshua noticed the slight shade of pink in Jeonghan’s eyes, and his smile spread to his eyes, “Is it because you missed me? We texted all throughout the day.”

 

    “What? Are you saying you didn’t miss me?” Jeonghan raised his eyebrows at the other.

 

    “Well…” Joshua’s smile faded as he realised the tides had been him. His gaze fell to the side as he couldn’t meet with Jeonghan’s strong gaze.

 

    “Hm?” Jeonghan took a step closer to Joshua, “What were you doing all day?”

 

    Joshua’s face grew gradually redder and redder as Jeonghan approached, his heart beat shooting through the roof.

    

    “Come on, tell me what you were doing,” Jeonghan smirked, pulling Joshua from behind closer to him.

 

    Joshua gulped. Come on, just make up any excuse! Joshua yelled to himself. Anything!

 

    “Hm?” Jeonghan tilted his head.

 

    “I…” Joshua brought his gaze ever so slowly up to Jeonghan’s eyes, “I was waiting just for you.”