Try

19 to 20

Words that people say
Why do I feel and think that way
It’s not like me

There are hard times for everyone
Hesitant to tell, I just keep thinking
Despite all the frustration and worries
I try to pull myself together

Try, if you can catch me x3

The story only I know
I quietly keep inside
And walk on my own

Should I ask the heavens
Or pretend as if I don’t know
Like everything’s fine 

I'm feeling so right  

Feeling so fine

 

 


 

The moment the After School Club’s twitter page announce the guest for the next week episode, she was bombarded by fans hate mentions on her twitter. Worst, some of them are just disgusting to read, most of them actually.

ASC’s next week episode is no other than the Bangtan Sonyeondan or BTS. One of the most well-known boy group of their generation. Fans from all over the world are of course excited not just to watch them live but also to interact with them. As an MC she’s having a hard time with that, not because she doesn’t like them but because of the time durations during the Hangout segment with fans. Times are gold during the broadcast and because it is live every time-span of each segments should corresponds. She can’t prevent herself from cutting them sometimes, especially if the staff announce from the white board the word “overtime” or “next segment”. It’s just that viewers don’t know what’s behind the camera and they specifically take all the blame to her.

Taking a deep breath, she log out to her twitter account. She already decided to private all her SNS accounts the very day of the broadcast until tomorrow of that day.

Her phone rings again, it is an unregistered number. She’s afraid to answer it, thinking it was one of the crazy fans but she never connected her phone number to any of her social media accounts. She values her privacy very well. Another thought occurred to her, it might be one of her friends or acquaintance wanting to call her. Still hesitant, she answered it. She waited til the person on the other line talk to her first rather than her saying hello.

“Hello? Jimin? It’s Namjoon, Rap Monster from BTS. I got your phone number from your manager. Are you there?”

She’s beyond surprise to hear from Rapmon, they never exchange phone numbers during their visits on ASC. She wants to keep their relationship as professional as possible. Although she remembered them asking her for her number she always reason out that she doesn’t have any personal phone yet, which is a half truth before. She has her own phone yes, but all contacts are handled by their manager except for their parents call.

“Jimin?” it was from Jin this time.

She has the faintest idea that she is being phone in speaker this time. She can clearly heard V and Jimin arguing in the background.

“I told you we should texted her first before calling right away.” It was clearly Jimin’s voice.

“Maybe it’s not her?” V said.

“Are you crazy? Of course it is her contact number. We got it from her manager remember? And why would her manager lied to us?” Suga she thought.

She seldom becomes speechless during phone conversation but she can’t help herself from giggling when Jungkook suddenly sing her song “Answer”.

“I want to know your answer…”

Then Rapmon suddenly -in.

“Maybe we should greet her first. Hana, dul, set, Bang Tan! –”

“We are not in a show!” Suga said cutting-off Rapmon’s introduction.

“Ok, I’m here, why are you calling me?” she finally found her voice to talk.

“Why not?” J-Hope answered.

“Well?” Why not actually, she can’t think of any reason for them to call her. The show will be next week, 2 days from now to be exact.

“We just want to apologize in behalf of our fans bombarding your twitter mentions.” Jin said.

“It just happen that we saw, I mean Namjoon Hyung saw the comments on ASC’s post.” Suga seconded.

“They are mostly awful he said, well he translated it for us.” It was from J-Hope.

“Since we don’t have our own sns account yet, we ask our manager if we can tweet a message to our fans about not bashing you or anyone else.” Jimin said.

“Our manager is not really fine with that since our twitter page is not ours to tweet anything not related to the group.” V explained.

“That’s why we decided to just talk to you by phone.” Jungkook concluded.

It seems to her that they are cutting the whole explanations to pieces for each member to talk. She found their call genuinely sincere.

“It’s fine actually. I’ve been used to them flooding my mentions with hate. No need to feel bad for me.”

“But this one is really bad.” It was from Jin.

“They don’t have the right to threaten you or anyone else.” It was from Rapmon this time.

“The show didn’t even start yet and they already started some kind of propaganda” Jimin’s voice getting mad.

“Maybe they are just reminding me not to cut you off during the talk, you know I have the habit of being a knife.” She laughs a little to her explanation.

“It’s really fine for us if you cut us off during some irrelevant talk. We talk nonsense all the time you know.” V said but suddenly all BTS members disagree with him.

She can hear the exchanging of arguments in the background with J-Hope and Jungkook laughing at his statement then Jin, Suga and Rapmon’s disagreeing “woahs”.

“Maybe you mean you’re the one who usually talk nonsense?” Suga fulfilled their disagreement.

“Who else just suddenly shout with no reason and love being the source of noise pollution to the world?” Jin said supporting Suga and she can hear just a chaos of something hitting the phone.

A little later. She heard Rapmon’s muttering an apology to the phone.

“Sorry about that, V suddenly attacked the phone.”

“He doesn’t want you to know how loud he is.” Jimin said laughing lightly as V scream in the background, “Stop that!”

She can’t help it but also laugh with them.

It feels at ease with them joking around while directly apologizing to her.

“Really, there’s nothing to worry about that. I’m fine and those constructive criticisms are helpful sometimes. I’m so use to it…”

“Let’s be honest, it’s too ruthless and insensitive in their part to treat you like that, with that kind of threat they are issuing if you mess up or cut us off. We want to ask for forgiveness for their actions because we know that they go beyond their limitation as a fan.  Don’t worry we will make a way to let them know about it.” Rapmon said.

“Thanks. I’ll pull myself together.” She smiled shyly eventhough they will not probably see it.