Chapter Two

Monstrosity

“What in the world…” Jaehyun’s eyes widened at the sight in front of him. Jimin turned and let out a sigh of relief. She had called Jaehyun over since she obviously couldn’t lift this man up on her own. She was a girl, there was only so much strength that she had in her. She couldn’t risk trying to lift him and dropping him after either. He was already badly hurt and dropping him would cause him to bleed even more than he was already bleeding.

 

“Come here and help me. Did you bring your car?” Jimin asked, looking at her best friend hopefully and Jaehyun let out a scoff in disbelief. He walked over to her and looked at the unconscious man and the pool of blood that had already stained the cement floor. The cleaner was going to think that someone died here, god who was he kidding. Someone was dying here.

 

“I did. Who is he anyway?” Jaehyun asked, looking at the man’s face curiously. Momentarily forgetting about him being hurt.

 

“Jung Yoonoh!” Jimin exclaimed when she noticed him being distracted and Jaehyun flinched at both the loudness of her voice and the name he was born with.

 

“I told you not to call me that.” He cringed at his name and Jimin gave him a glare.

 

“Then focus. On the count of three, I’m going to help him up and you piggyback him.” Jimin said and went to the other side of the body to lift him up while Jaehyun looked at Jimin like she was crazy. Jaehyun was an extreme clean freak and seeing how he needed to piggyback a person that was covered in blood didn’t sat well with him. Jimin threw him a look, challenging him to reject the offer. Not exactly an offer, but a demand but she wouldn’t admit that.

 

Jaehyun let out a sigh and turned around, a knee on the ground. Jimin let out a lop-sided smile and helped the man up. “I don’t know whether you’re listening or not, but I’m just going to say it. On the count of three, I’m going to lift you up. It’s going to hurt, a lot. But bear with me okay?” Jimin told the unconscious man, just in case he was listening. Jaehyun let out a groan and told Jimin to hurry up. Jimin obliged and lifted the man up. Putting her forearms under his armpits from the back.

 

She let out a huff as she tried to put his weight on Jaehyun as softly as possible. Tried. Jaehyun leaned forward with an ‘oof’ when he felt the weight dropped on him. “Yah!” Jaehyun exclaimed and Jimin chuckled, apologizing.

 

Jaehyun rolled his eyes at Jimin and stood up with the help of Jimin.

 

“My car is going to stink of blood.” Jaehyun let out a tired sigh as Jimin supported the man from the back, just in case Jaehyun lost his strength all of a sudden and fall.

 

“Better than medicine. Besides, we work in a place that stinks of blood too.” Jimin reasoned, looking at the man’s face. He was undoubtedly handsome. He looked in peace. Then again, people who were sleeping always looked in peace. Free of worries. Unless they were having a nightmare. She saw the man’s eyes opened a little and she widened her eyes.

 

“Are you awake?” She asked the man and his eyes closed shut again.

 

“Is he awake? Excuse me, may I know where you live?” Jaehyun stopped walking and started talking. Jimin let out a sigh and shook her head.

 

“He fell back unconscious. I’m surprised he’s still alive after the amount of blood lost.” Jimin said and Jaehyun continued walking. Jaehyun nodded, agreeing. Both of them had seen many people die from blood lost, and seeing how blood-stained the cement ground was, that amount of blood lost should kill a person. It was a definite miracle that this man was still alive.

 

Jimin pressed the unlock button on the car key that Jaehyun handed her. She opened the door to the backseat and Jaehyun carefully put the man down. Jimin made sure that his head didn’t hit the car’s roof. After putting him down, Jaehyun closed the door while Jimin went to the passenger seat. She fastened her seatbelt while Jaehyun entered the driver’s seat.

 

“You owe me big time.” Jaehyun groaned in annoyance and Jimin rolled her eyes at him.

 

“You’re a doctor for a reason.” Jimin retorted and Jaehyun scoffed. “Now is not the time to bicker. Where do you want to take him anyway? There must be a reason why you didn’t call the ambulance.”

 

“He stopped me from calling them.” Jimin simply shrugged, recalling how her hand was forcefully put down by him when she was on the phone with the ambulance. She called Jaehyun straight away after since she needed a ride, plus, she couldn’t carry him all by herself. Jaehyun had begged the chief to release him early, promising the chief that he would do extra rounds around the hospital if he let him go.

 

Jimin felt bad for adding extra workload on him, but desperate times call for desperate measures right? What was more important than saving a dying person for a doctor? Correction, soon to be doctor.

 

“Anyway, bring him to your house.” Jimin added and Jaehyun widened his eyes in shock.

 

“Excuse me? Have you not seen my parents before? Are you crazy?” Jaehyun asked in annoyance. Jimin understood why his reaction was like that. He was born into an extremely rich family. His family owns a pharmaceutical company. So, he was supposed to be a ‘perfect’ son to them. But all of that perception went down the drain when he befriended Jimin. Let’s just say it’s a typical, rich parents not liking their son to mingle with poor kids.

 

Anyway, just entering his house with a person who’s barely alive would seem rather… out of it wouldn’t it?

 

“Fine then. My apartment.” Jimin groaned in annoyance and Jaehyun nodded in satisfaction. He started the engine and drove off to Jimin’s studio apartment.

page divider

 

Jimin entered the passcode and entered the apartment with Jaehyun carrying the man on his back. “Bed?” Jaehyun asked and Jimin nodded. Honestly slightly annoyed that her bedsheet was going to be stained with blood. Then again, she could always get a new bedsheet, but if this person’s dead, she couldn’t possibly bring him back to life.

 

She went to get a first aid kit from the kitchen’s cabinet after placing some medication, anesthetics and bandages that they got from a nearby 24-hour pharmacy on the bedside table. “Ouch.” Jaehyun grimaced when he untied Jimin’s scarf and lifted up the man’s shirt. There must be at least 10 stabs on the abdomen alone and the amount of scars that this person bear, was unbelievable in Jaehyun’s eyes.

 

“This guy must be a gangster or something. Just look at these scars.” Jaehyun said as Jimin walked over to her bed, placing all the things that she needed to treat the person with on the bed beside her. Jaehyun had already cut off the bloody shirt, and removed the leather jacket. Jimin looked at the amount of wounds that the man bore and true to Jaehyun’s words, the amount of scars that he had indeed shocked Jimin.

 

“He even has a gun and a knife.” Jaehyun scoffed in disbelief, taking out the 2 holsters and placing them at the bedside table.

 

“Should we call the police?” Jaehyun suggested and Jimin gave him a glare making him put both his arms up in surrender. Jaehyun knew how much Jimin hated the police. She had blamed the police for her parent’s death as much as she blamed the murderer. She hated both equally, but she never seeks vengeance. What power did she have anyway? She never had a good family background. She wasn’t rich so she didn’t have the money to go all detective and find out who the murderer was and the reason why her parents were killed. Jimin let out a sigh and looked at the scars that this man bears.

 

Instead of freaking out at the scars, Jimin frowned. Clearly unhappy that someone had to go through that much pain in their lifetime. The amount of scars that he had could last for at least 3 lifetimes. It was that many. Gunshot wounds. Whipped marks. Stabbed scars. There were even claw marks. Who was this man?

 

“You can go now if you want.” Jimin told Jaehyun as she sanitized her hands with alcohol wipes before opening the packet with a syringe inside. She wore a pair of latex gloves as she listened to what Jaehyun was complaining about.

 

“Are you crazy? Leave you alone with this…. I don’t even know what this is. A man who apparently loves to fight? Who knows what would happen if he wakes up and you’re the only one here?” He blabbered as Jimin stick the needle into the anesthetic bottle, pulling the syringe so that the liquid enters the tube.

 

“I’ll be fine.” Jimin said, injecting enough anesthetic into the man’s abdomen to numb the whole area before she started stitching the wounds up.

 

“Of course you are.” Jaehyun scoffed and finally started helping her. He went to grab a large bowl of warm water and a cloth as Jimin started stitching up the wounds.

 

“Do you still have my clothes in your house?” Jaehyun asked after they finished stitching up the wounds. Jimin was wiping the abdomen clean, when Jaehyun asked the question.  

 

“It’s in the third drawer in the closet.” Jimin simply replied, as she continued cleaning the blood off. She wasn’t all that fazed with how toned the man’s body was. She had seen so many bodies when she was at the hospital, tone or not, but none of those bodies bore these many scars.

 

“Found it.” Jaehyun commented to himself and took out the shirt that belonged to him. He had slept over at Jimin’s place multiple times whenever they had a group project together or simply just to hang out, so he had left some of his clothes here just for convenience purpose. He went over to the bed and helped put the shirt on the man after Jimin finished cleaning him up.

 

Jimin went to take a new set of bedsheet while Jaehyun dressed the man. “Help me with this?” Jimin asked and Jaehyun rolled his eyes at her. Like he had a choice anyway. Jimin grinned as Jaehyun rolled the man, making him lie on his side as Jimin removed the bedsheet from the side he wasn’t lying on. Jimin helped roll the man to his other side as Jaehyun removed the bedsheet from under him before completely removing it all together.

 

They repeated the steps when they placed the new bedsheet.

 

“You owe me. A big one.” Jaehyun said, and Jimin rolled her eyes at his pettiness. She threw away the stained bedsheet down the rubbish chute. She wouldn’t be able wash the stain off anyway, the bedsheet was white. And she just didn’t have time to wash them off. She threw the cut up shirt as well, though she kept the leather jacket. It seemed too expensive to be thrown away.

 

A ringtone suddenly sounded and Jimin turned to look at Jaehyun who was picking up the phone.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I’m busy.”

 

“I’m with Jimin.”

 

“What do you mean again? We’ve never hung out anymore since we’re too busy too.”

 

Jaehyun sounded extremely annoyed and Jimin had already figured out that it was his mother. His mother especially hated Jimin. Blaming her for Jaehyun not wanting to get married. It was ridiculous really. Jaehyun and her were best friends. The whole ‘a boy and a girl can never be friends without having a thing for each other’ was absolute bull to her. A boy might find a girl more understanding compared to other guys, and a girl can find a boy less judgmental compared to other girls, that was why they hung out with each other.

 

It was like that for both of them anyway.

 

“Fine.” Jaehyun let out a sigh before hanging up. He gave Jimin an apologetic look and Jimin knew what he was going to say. So before he could apologize, she beat him to it.

 

“Go.” Jimin simply said, giving him an understanding smile.

 

“I’m sorry.” He apologized and Jimin chuckled. It had always been like this. He was always the one apologizing for leaving her alone because of his family. He thought that she would be hurt but on the contrary, she actually understood him. He was a typical rich boy, while she was the typical poor girl. So, it was nothing he should apologize about, but he always did. She tried forcing him to stop apologizing once but that soon became a habit and there was no way to stop it, so, she just let him be and told him that she understood.

 

Jaehyun gave Jimin a hug and told her to call him when the man wakes up. Jimin just nodded and saw Jaehyun off.

 

After locking the front door, Jimin went back to look after the man. She had injected painkillers into his system so he wouldn’t feel any pain when he wakes up. She stretched her strained muscles and lay on the other side of the bed, not minding about the man beside her. Not like he could do anything anyway. He was literally unconscious.

 

She turned her body to face the man’s side profile, wondering who he was and why he had that much scars on his body. It wasn’t her problem but she was curious. Who wouldn’t be?

 

She heard a beep and looked down at the man’s wrist. His smart watch was blinking, indicating that he had a message. She blinked and sat up, holding his wrist up to see the message. If it was from his parents, then she would need to contact them and tell them about him being extremely injured. Instead though, what she saw made her blink in confusion.

 

“Lee Taeyong?” She muttered under her breath.

 

When you come back, you’re going to start on your training again. Lee Taeyong.