Expectation

One Shots - Monsta X
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kihyun thought he was the only one. But he was proven wrong.

 

I recommend that you listen to Girls' Day's song "Expectation" while reading this.

I apologize for any statement that I will be making that is wrong, as well as for any grammatical errors. Just enjoy the story, though it's a bit of an angst.

P.S. This story is also posted on my Wattpad account. You can view it there through the link below :D

https://www.wattpad.com/304694883-one-shots-monsta-x-expectation

Sweet Revenge.

That was the only thing that Kihyun wanted. After all, he wanted to tell the world that Hyunwoo was his. All mine.

His drive from work had been long, as he was desperate into going home. I have to get there before him. I have to show him what he’s wasting.

It has just been a few days since Kihyun and Hyunwoo celebrated their anniversary. Kihyun felt that it was the happiest day of his life. He treasured the memories that they have, and swore to God that he was deeply in love with Hyunwoo. He removed all doubts from the other, and he believed that he was the only one, that there was no one else other than him.

But there was someone else…

Seeing that the stop light was red, Kihyun took the opportunity to get his phone from the passenger seat. He pressed the lock screen, but felt pain the moment he did so. On his phone flashed a photo of him and Hyunwoo. His heart hurt. He immediately unlocked his phone and quickly tapped on the Contacts icon. He tapped on Hyunwoo’s number and tapped on ‘Delete’ from the pop-up menu.

Delete the contact “Hyunwoo”?

Kihyun thought about it twice if he was going to delete the other’s number. But, having thought of the fact that he was hurt by Hyunwoo, he made up his mind.

Yes.

Kihyun threw his phone back at the passenger seat, as he saw the stop light flash a green. He stepped on his pedal as the car started going down the road, making a very loud sound.

“Happy Anniversary, babe!” Hyunwoo remarked, as he removed his hands from the other’s eyes so that he can see what the other has prepared. And Kihyun was impressed. To call this preparation grand was not enough, as he saw the garden of his backyard decorated with a lot of lights, arranged in a manner which illuminated the whole garden.

“It’s… beautiful…” Kihyun muttered, for which brought a smile on Hyunwoo’s lips. He took the other’s hand and held tightly to it. Soft hands, Kihyun thought.

“Let’s go to the table.” Hyunwoo spoke as he gestured the other to walk towards the table. Kihyun followed as they went to the center of the garden, where on place of the grass was a table and two chairs.

The table was covered with your normal picnic table cover. What made it special was the presence of a candle holder in the middle, two plates placed beside each other, a slice of cake on top of each plate. At the side of each plate was a fork and a knife. At the other side of the table were a variety of decorations – photos of the two of them, a few souvenirs that they have bought from places that they went to together, Kihyun’s gifts to the other, and a small box.

Hyunwoo told the other to walk towards the seat for which he pulled and asked him to sit there. As Kihyun was about to sit on top of the chair, he pushed the chair slowly. As soon as the other was seated comfortably, Hyunwoo went to the chair beside Kihyun and sat down.

“Babe.” Hyunwoo spoke, breaking the silence between the two of them. Kihyun looked at him with a confused look in his eyes. Hyunwoo took the small box from the table and flipped the cover open, revealing two rings. Kihyun’s mouth opened, surprised with the turn of events.

“I just wanted to tell you this before we start eating. I might lose my confidence later.” Hyunwoo spoke, as he took one of the rings and wore it on his ring finger. He took the other ring and held Kihyun’s hand, but he did not put the ring, for which disappointed Kihyun. Hyunwoo crackled at his boyfriend’s expression, before he spoke:

“Kihyun… I know it’s just a year of us being together. I know we’ve been through a lot of up’s and down’s in our relationship. I know I’ve been hard to deal with, but I tell you, I love you from the bottom of my heart. This ring, for which I wore, is a symbol of your heart that you have given to me. This ring, that I have and am about to wear on your finger, is a symbol of my love to you. It bears my heart with it. Please take care of it, as you take care of me. I love you, Kihyun. Happy Anniversary.”

At those words, Hyunwoo slipped the ring on Kihyun’s finger, a tear falling down his right eye. Kihyun smiled and wiped the tear, as he held put his hand on the other’s chin and raised his head to meet with his eyes. He could feel Hyunwoo’s sincerity at his words. He mouthed a ‘thank you’ and an ‘I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter