ONE

Alpha of The Sun

The hallways of Elvias Academy was full of life, pink and purple coloured hair staining the hallways, only a handful of brown and blonde heads polluting the sea of vibrant colours. Then, of course, there was that silver hair which stood out from even miles away, people showing their discontent with grunts and glare as all the attention fell onto the odd one out, walking with his eyes down. 

 

"So they said another Sliver is transferring, I'm a hundred and two disappointed at the school board, just what are they thinking? Allowing such a disgraceful to taint our school's prestigious reputation?" a Purple commented, not bothering to keep his voice down even when the Silver walked by. "Then again, if a Silver omega like Oh Sehun can crawl into this school, why can't a Silver alpha?"

 

"Our school's standards are really dropping," another shook his head in disapproval as he watched Sehun with a disgusted look. Elvias had been a premium academy for as long as anyone could remember, standing tall even after all the battles and seperations which took place in the previous few centuries. When news got around that Sehun, a Silver, was allowed entrance to the academy for his high scores, everyone was dumbfounded, even alumaes went back to Elvias to demand an explanation. 

 

"At least now you'll have a companion," Sehun comforted himself as he cupped some water in his hands, splashing it onto his face, wetting his bangs are the same time. It was lonely being the only Silver around, Silvers could easily be found outside, but within Elvias, he was the only one, and probably the only one in history since Silvers never once excelled in their studies. "You might actually get a friend this time."

 

"Talking to yourself again?" Startled was an understatement, Sehun literally jumped into the air, almost losing his footing when he landed.Stepping backwards, Sehun tried to locate the origin of the voice, but the washroom was completely empty from Sehun's angle. "Up here!"

 

Sehun looked up, above the cubicles, to find his senior, Baekhyun, seated on the edge of a cubicle's wall. He had always been a perculiar person which easily attracted attention to himself, if he did not possess such a delicate face people would have nicknamed Baekhyun a monkey for his crazy antics and love for climbing onto tables and any bars he could see.

 

"Baekhyun-nim," Sehun muttered. He had forgotten when people started calling Baekhyun that way but he knew it was already the norm. After Baekhyun, a Pink omega, got claimed and marked by a Royal Alpha, people started addressing him that way. It was easy for Sehun to understand why the second Alpha of the Sun would claim someone like Baekhyun, he was beautiful and could compose himself as the perfect omega when called to, stepping up to the occasion.

 

"You shouldn't talk to yourself so much, people will think you are weird," Baekhyun said, casually hanging himself upside down from the cubicle's wall. Sehun wanted to tell his senior of one year that he was obviously acting weirder than someone who talked to himself but kept those words to himself, fearing that the Pink omega might be offended by his words.

 

"I'm a Silver, my presence itself is weird," Sehun replied, turning on the tap again. As the cold tap water made contact with his face, he felt all the burden which seemed to stick to his skin get washed away. He loved the cold water, almost as much as he enjoyed people's company. As the only Silver omega in the school, he constantly fell victim to other's frustration and rainy days, all he asked for at the end of it all was someone's company.

 

"True, but Chanyeol always said that I'm weird, so I should tone it down a little, makes an omega more attactive, he said," Baekhyun dropping himself to the ground, dusting his hands before rubbing them onto his pants, getting rid of any dust he picked up while handing from the cubicle. "So, did you hear? Another Silver is coming."

 

"I heard," Sehun muttered. Rumors fly about the academy faster than wild fire spreading, it was impossible to not hear of any gossip, especially when it was in one way or another related to him. Baekhyun offered a smile before leaving the washroom. It left Sehun wondering if the smile was out of pity or understanding. Either ways, he did not need that smile.


The Red Royal Alpha looked at his brother with a questioning gaze. His older brother who was blessed with beautiful orange hair which was rarer than his beautiful Red hair, had wore a silver colored wig in order to disguise himself, much to the younger's discomfort. He had grown up watching Luhan with a beautiful shade or orange hair which matched the elder's eyes and lips, to suddenly see it in a very different colour was a foreign sight Chanyeol could not adapt to.

 

"What were you thinking?" Chanyeol asked, touching his own hair, as if imagining himself with colour his brother had. A part of him was curious, wanting to borrow the wig and gave the colour a try, but on second thought, he was better off boasting his thick red hair. It was heaven's gift for him and he loved it to death, Silver was a degrading colour from the very beginning.

 

"The pros and cons of concealing my real identity," the older replied, fixing the wig a little more while looking into his selfie camera, "and Chanyeol, mind your tone."

 

"Sorry, Luhan hyung," Chanyeol apologised, running his fingers down his hair. A big part of him still could not understand why Luhan was going so far, wearing a wig and taking pills to strip himself of his aura, replacing it with alpha pheromones of a Silver. He knew his brother had a valid reason, but why did he bother going that far?

 

"Chanyeol, you know I don't really need to study," the older started, looking straight at his younger brother who sat in front of him, frustrated and uneasy,"I'm just going there to experience how my people live and how I contribute to the land during my rule."

 

"I know," Chanyeol sighed, already giving up on talking his brother out of it. It was unappealing, but if Luhan was going to be so headstrong about it, there was little Chanyeol could do but help to take care of Luhan's responsibilities while the elder was away on disguise. The sudden picture of Luhan acting like a small and weak alpha suddenly filled his mind and it was too discouraging for Chanyeol to face his brother.

 

"It's a difficult change, but only for a few months, I'll be back to my bossy self before you know it," Luhan assured, "and I'll still be me on weekends as well as important events! You won't be missing out too much!"

 

"Fine, whatever you say. But if you're going to transfer to Elvias, you should probably meet my mate, Baekhyun," Chanyeol fished for a photo in his wallet, "he's really pretty, you'll know it's him once you see him."

 

"I'm not so sure, you have pretty bad taste Chanyeol, remember that time you thought Kyungsoo was---" Chanyeol's little sqeak interrupted Luhan, causing the older to stop in his sentence, laughing his stomach to death. "Fine, I won't tease you anymore, I'll look forward to meeting Baekhyun, then."

 

"Just don't have any weird thoughts about him," Chanyeol warned even though his warning sounded more like a request. Luhan nodded, rolling his eyes for more emphasis, showing his lack of interest in his mate. In fact, Luhan was not interested in any mate, even his own, he just wanted to do what he could as the ruler of his land and do what needs to be done so his people can live a prosperous life under his rule.

 

"Promise I won't."


not edited: 2/9/16

yc edited: 9/9/16

new edition: 25/9/17