Reyna

OVERCOME

Reyna looked at her reflexion in the mirror. Her lady mother is still brushing her hair, trying to make her pretty. She's beautiful today. The most beautiful she's ever been. She wears the best dress she ever had. A gift from the prince that come from the capital. She's to wed the prince. That was something she didn't ask for. When lord father tell her that the prince is coming to take her to capital, she's furious. She doesn't want to, but refusing the proposal would cause trouble for their family. A treason they said.

“Why did Prince Aelgar choose me over million other girls in Westeros?” Cath asked lady mother

Ydeneye sighed, she looked at her daughter through the mirror. “They wanted to keep the bloodline, my dear, you know it, you’re the only girl that has the Targaryen blood run through your body,” she answered calmly.

That’s right, Reyna knows that she has the Targaryen blood run through her body. It was so obvious. Her white hair really stands out here in the North. And Stark that always had dark or ginger hair. She got it from her grandmother. Lord father’s mother. Rowenna.

“I don’t want to go to Capital,” Reyna protested.

“Dear, you’ll like it there, you will become a queen. Everything will be provided, you’ll have the best meal, the best handmaiden, the best guard, everything,” Ydeneye tried to encourage her. “Come, let’s get downstairs, the prince is waiting,”

The great  hall of Winterfell was very lively compared to the usual dark and cold feeling that it gave. The usually gray stone walls are now colorful, draped with banners. The feast is lively. Lady mother guided her to the Prince. He was sitting with her family on the table a stone higher than the other.

Prince Aelgar was a very gallant man. Tall and graceful. He’s wearing sea colored silk, high black boots, a green cloak. His hair was silver, like hers. His face was clean shaved, revealing his strong jawline. His green eyes were dashing. And his smile that could draw any girl to his arms. But not her.

“Your Grace,” Reyna said respectfully.

“My Lady,” Aelgar said, “You look beautiful,”. He seems satisfied with his gift.

“Thank you, Your Grace,” she sits next to Prince Aelgar.

“I hope you won't mind going with me to the Capital,” he sliced a bread, dipped it in honey and put it in his mouth.

Reyna looked at her Lord Father, thinking that this could be a chance for her to refuse the proposal, but she backed out, “Of course no, Your Grace. I’m honored to be able to be by your side, Your Grace,”

“That’s good to hear,”

 

______________________________

I'm sorry that it took so long and so short

I'm not confident about writing since I can't convey my words precisely.

I'm sorry if the wording a little weird, 

I loved to see your opinion about this story, and some criticism would be welcome.

Please leave a comment about how you think about this story