One

The demons wrath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A sigh escaped your lips when you rolled up the blinds and saw the last rays of sunshine disappear behind big dark clowds. The weekend had once again flown by and monday morning was here. You walked towards your closet and put on a slightly to big sweatshirt and a pair of black jeans. Almost every garment you owned was like this. Plain and simple but comfortable. You were never really one to take the effort to follow the fashion trends. You had, according to yourself, better things to spend your money on, like new books. 

You stole a glance in the big mirror on your bedroom wall, before grabbing your backpack and heading downstairs. Your parents had already left for work which left you all alone in the house.

The digital clock on the oven showed that you were supposed to meet Kim Eun-Jeong in five minutes. You quickly put on your shoes and grabbed a jacket with a hood from one of the hangers. It should be enough to at least provide a bit of protection from the upcoming rain. You opened the door and saw that it already rained lightly, much to your disappointment. Yet another day with wet clothes and complaining girls. At least you didn't have to worry about your makeup being ruined due to the simple fact that you didn't wear any. It didn't suit you in your opinion and was way to time consuming. 

Just before stepping outside, you realised you had forgotten to eat breakfast. As on cue your stomach started to growl. You grabbed an apple from the bowl on the kitchen table, knowing that Kim Eun-Jeong probably already was waiting for you. 

You arrived at your meeting place 3 minutes later, panting a bit for having to jog the last bit. Kim Eun-Jeong is already standing there, as you predicted, observing you with her slightly to big brown eyes and with a light frown visible. Her sharp features took an even bigger contrast against her wild and untamed hair, that now was even more frizzy than other days due to the humid air. Lucky enough for you she had brought an umbrella which you quickly stepped under.

"Having to run again I see. I just don't get why you don't learn from all the other times and start walking from home a little bit earlier. That way you wouldn't have to rush like this every morning" she said and shook her head. Trust Kim Eun-Jeong to always look at it in the most logical of ways. Even though this was one of the many things you loved about her, you knew that she herself didn't always see the good in it due to some bad experiences in the past. It had happend, more than once, that people mistook her honesty and way of stating facts as insults. You of course knew better than that and were at most times unfazes by the remarks. You knew she was just trying to help.

"Yes I could do that, but then I would have to go up earlier in the morning" you said and gave her a slightly tired smile as you two began your walk toward the school. "And I thought you knew" you contiuned. 

"What?" she asked with suspicion in her eyes.

"A jog is always a good way to start the morning" you said as a matter of factly. You could her hear sight but managed to not miss the small tug at her lips when you glanced her way.

"Actually I did know that" she said and put her arm around your shoulders. "I don't know if I would call a 50 meter running in slight panic a morning jog though". 

This time you couldn't help but smile. Nothing else was said under the rest of the walk but you didn't mind. It was usually like this. None of you were really that good at chit-chatting but this was also great. Just enjoing each others company without having to fill the air with words all the time. The only sound that were heard was the faint sound of the cars that drove by on the main road a little bit further away. And of course the dripping on the umbrella from the rain that now had progressed from a light rain to almost pouring down in just a spawn of a few minutes.

There was still about 10 minutes left before your classes started when you arrived. The school yard were filled with running students trying to escape the wetness of the rain. You hadn't realised the coldeness that had enveloped you untill you stepped inside the school doors and the warmness wrapped around you like a big bear hug. You involuntarily shivered and turned to face Eun-Jeong. 

"See you at lunch?" it came out as a question but was more like a statement. You two always ate lunch with each other. She nodded, turned around and then left. You continued walking forward, towards where your locker was placed. It was quite unfortunate for you two to have almost no classes togheter due to your differnet schedules and your loc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter