GUILT

⚜VOODOO DOLL⚜
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mae and her boyfriend, V were having a Friday movie night at her house. This was a tradition to them as they did it every Friday, but today was extra special as it was their two year anniversary. V had given her a big stuffed teddy and a necklace with the letter M specially engraved into it. The lights were all off and they were cuddling on Mae’s sofa bed with pillows and blankets barricading them. There was plenty of food and drinks laid out in front of them on the coffee table and classic horror movies playing. Mae’s parents were out on a business trip meaning no one could bother them and V could stay the night.

  After finishing a couple of movies, V told Mae that he wanted to try a new drink he bought while buying her a present. He said the guy selling him the drink was an experienced drinker and decided to sell it to him for half the price. He recommended that they both try it as they were finally 18 and were finally legal to drink alcohol. Feeling slightly pressured to take the shot, Mae contemplated that she would drink it as they were legal to drink and other than getting drunk, nothing else could happen. Mae glanced over to V to see that he had already drank it. Clearing her thoughts, she closed her eyes and gulped down the unknown substance. It had a sweet taste with a slight hint of bitterness. Immediately dizziness washed over her and her body became weak. She clutched her head and looked over at V. He was completely knocked out on the couch. She tried standing and going to the kitchen for water, but the dizziness took over and she collapsed on the floor.

  Several hours had passed and Mae finally regained consciousness. She drowsily got up to check on V to see that he was gone and there was only the big stuffed teddy lying on the couch. She grabbed the bottle on the table and read the label, ’Deadly, drink at your own risk’. Anger rushed over her as not only did V give her a highly dangerous drink, but he also left her alone. She grabbed the large bear and proceeded to throw punches at it pretending it was V.

“I hate you so much!” she screamed.

 Soon things got out of hand, knives were punctured into the bear, and things were thrown, the bear practically became a voodoo doll for Mae. The more she tortured it, the more furious she got.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter