Chapter 4

The PAST. The FUTURE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Preparations for Seunghyun's wedding started to take place ever since the Empress Dowager announced that the crown prince would marry the princess from Song Kingdom. All the palace maids and guards were seen rushing in and out of the palace daily, trying their very best to decorate the place as well as they could within the short period of time. They were busy preparing for the bethroed gifts as well. Not only this, other kingdoms were also starting to send their gifts to the soon to be married couple, making the palace a place that seemed more busy than ever.

 As for Seunghyun, well, he could only count the number of days left before he oficially becomes married to the person that he has never met before. In other words, a complete stranger will be his wife and she will lead the empire together with him.A marriage without love. Seunghyun wonders how he would be able to spend the rest of his life with this woman that he did not love at all. Will it end up just like his parents' failed marriage?

"Your majesty, aren't you going to change? The princess from Song Empire would be arriving soon." Eunuch Lee asked.

Seunghyun sighed as he dreadfully dragged his feet to the palace maids who helped him change, making sure that he looked his best in front of the princess later on.

"Congratulations, your majesty."

He knew that there was no point opposing to this marriage. Just as what he had been told, he needed to marry the princess from Song Kingdom so that their empire can grow. There was no other choice. If only,perhaps he could seem him again, perhaps he would have the courage to fight back, the courage to fight for his own rights.

He was his pillar of support and he could only look forward to the day that they will meet soon. He told him that they would meet again at the Peach Garden when the flowers bloomed, but it has almost been 8 years already. 2919 Days, if Seunghyun had been counting the numbers correctly.  However, all these waiting came to nothing. Seunghyun never saw him again but deep in his heart, Seunghyun knew that he is a person that never breaks his promise and therefore, Seunghyun still continued to patiently wait for him at the Peach Garden, hoping that he would still remember their promise.

Jiyong-ah, when will you be back? I miss you so so much......

"Your majesty, which would you prefer to dress up in? The black or the blue suit?" One of the maids asked. Seunghyun simply pointed to a random suit that the maid was holding up. It didnt matter to him what he was wearing as long as he looked just presentable in front of the princess later on and just so that he could please his mother.

"You look good, your majesty. You've always looked good. I'm envious. I wish I could be as handsome as you~"

"We'll leave now your majesty," the two maids bowed and left the room gracefully.

All of a sudden, it became hard to breathe suddenly, as if a hand was clutching and grasping onto Seunghyun's throat hardly, successfully cutting off all his air supply.  He was gasping for air, gasping and struggling to take every single breathe. Whatever that was happening to him now, he knew that he have to survive. He MUST survive. As Seunghyun's vision started becoming a blur and everything around him seemed to have beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter