Chapter 1

The PAST. The FUTURE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19th July, 1216

"Your Majesty, both you and the princess from Song Kingdom are not getting any younger. I've decided that the both of you will get married 2 months from now on," said the Empress Dowager to her son, Choi Seung Hyun, the 17th king of the Choi kingdom.

Seung Hyun wanted to say no to her, but nothing came out from his throat. It was as if his mother had total control over his mouth and he could never say no to any of his mother's commands. He could only nod his head dumbly with his eyes opened wide, trying to register the information that he just heard.

All along, Seung Hyun knew that his mother was using him to gain herself more power and money. He was a pawn for his mother and sometimes, he really wonder if the Empress Dowager was even his mother. He could not believe that a mother would actually use her own son to benefit herself. Seung Hyun wanted to escape this life badly and all he ever wished was to lead a simple life like everyone out there. 

Even though he was born in a royal family and he could get almost everythig he wanted, he was never once safisfied with his life. What he really needed and wanted was to smile brightly for once, Just once. Was that too difficult to wish for? 

He doesn't have any recollection of the muscles around his cheeks getting stretched and he hoped that he would able to feel that one day. He wants to smile from the bottom of his heart because of happiness  and not from anything else.

 

"Bring the Emperor back to his chamber," the Empress Dowager commanded.

The eunuch led Seung Hyun back to his room and Seung Hyun sat on his bed with his arms resting above his laps and hands covering his eyes.  

"Eunuch Lee, what should i do?" Seung Hyun asked after a moment. Seung Hyung knew that he could trust this eunuch as he had been with Seung Hyun throughout his ups and downs, never leaving him for once.

"Your Majesty, pardon my bluntess but this is your fate and you can't escape from it." The eunuch cried out.

Eunuch Lee was an emotional man and he pitied the Emperor for having to go through all these from his mother using him to all the officials not respecting Seung Hyun even after he became King. Eunuch Lee took care of Seung Hyun ever since Seung Hyun was born and he knew how much Seung Hyun had suffered living the palace. Seung Hyun had never once experienced a mother's love and there was so much t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter