2

Digital Love

As time passed, the two girls grew closer and were constantly messaging each other at any moment they could. They would stay up late at night to message each other and had moved on from using the dating site and started using a messenger app. Jessica had told Tiffany about Yuri and Tiffany said that they should date from the amount of time they both spent messaging each other, but Jessica just laughed, telling her that if she and Yuri had to date because of how often they spoke, then Tiffany should marry her friend Taeyeon because they were almost always talking to each other, which resulted in Tiffany retorting, saying that Taeyeon was her best friend and she'd never think of Taeyeon like that. Meanwhile, only Yoona knew that Yuri was talking to Jessica and had told Yuri that she shouldn't be so hopeful about dating Jessica since they lived very far away from each other and that Yuri should find someone who actually lived in the country.

It was one night for Yuri and some time in the early morning for Jessica that they both decided they were going to call each other. The conversation didn't start for a while, mainly because Yoona was in the room and Yuri was waiting for her to leave, resulting in Jessica hearing the following conversation.

"I'm going out. Don't stay up all night messaging your girlfriend." Yoona said with a laugh.

"She's not my girlfriend, stupid. Now go. Have fun. But don't get too drunk. You'll upset Seohyun." Yuri said before pushing the younger girl out and locking the door.

"Was that your roommate?" Jessica's voice suddenly came through the phone's speaker. "And who's this girlfriend you've been talking to? Is she better than me?"

"Yeah, that's my roommate, Yoona. Don't listen to her, she only speaks nonsense. I don't have a girlfriend. Nobody's better than you." Yuri chuckled.

"Glad to hear it." Jessica's laugh echoed around the room.

They ended up talking all night. It was early morning for Yuri when Yoona came in.

"Hey! I told you not to stay up all night talking to her! Give that here!" Yoona suddenly took Yuri's phone and started babbling into it.

"Is this Yoona? The famous roommate I've heard so much about?" Jessica asked.

"Yes yes, that's me. Sorry to end the flirting, but I bet Yuri hasn't slept a wink and she has class today, so she has to go now and sleep." Yoona said, quickly jumping up onto her bed before Yuri could grab the phone back.

"Give it to me! Can't I at least say goodnight to her?" Yuri whined loudly.

"Fine." Yoona said, before speaking to Jessica on the phone again. "I'm passing her back now. Say something that'll make her sleep." Then Yoona passed the phone back to Jessica.

"You better sleep for as long as you can now, okay? And make sure you stay hydrated in your dance class. If your teacher is too harsh on you again, I'll fly myself over there and tell him off. Now go to sleep, my silly Yul." Jessica cooed through the phone.

"Mhm, yep. I promise I'll take good care of myself. I might just do something to make him be harsh again just so I can see you." Yuri laughed before speaking again. "Goodnight. I'll speak to you later." Then she hung up.

"Go to sleep. Now." Yoona quickly pushed Yuri back to her bed and tucked her in. "I'll go to Sooyoung's room and nap there so I don't disturb you later. Do not call Jessica back or I will take your phone with me." And with that Yoona was gone.

Yuri's phone buzzed. She had a message from Jessica.

"sleep well. i'll miss you lots. i'm already missing the sound of your voice. i can't imagine what it will be like to meet you. but i promise i'll make it happen. anyway. you better be sleeping now. and i hope yoona sleeps well too and doesn't bully you too much. goodnight <3"

Yuri smiled before putting her phone down. She closed her eyes and fell asleep almost instantly.

 

After a while, most of Yuri's nights were like that. Talking to Jessica, then being scolded by Yoona for staying up all night. But Yuri didn't care. She really liked talking to Jessica. And even when they weren't talking on the phone, they were messaging each other constantly. Even Tiffany had started complaining about Jessica waking up so early to talk to Yuri, since that meant Jessica had no energy for the rest of the day and was a "boring old sausage" as Tiffany had called her. Even Krystal had started to notice that her older sister was becoming lazier than usual. One day, Tiffany came in and out of nowhere said she was going on a roadtrip and Jessica was coming and that they were going to meet Taeyeon.

"I didn't agree to this." Jessica said with a frown.

"Well you're coming anyway. It'll get you out of the house. You never come out lately. You're always sleeping or whatever. It's time to live a little, Jess. Taeyeon isn't that far away, it's only like... Four hours. We can drive in shifts. I'll do two and you do two. I already have transport sorted. It's a van. My dad's van. So hurry up and pack your stuff. And don't look so worried, my dad put this internet system in it. And we have chargers. It's like our own house. But without the bathroom. And all the other important things. But anyway! Hurry up! I told Taeyeon that we'd get there tonight." Tiffany then flopped down on Jessica's bed before taking out her phone.

"You're lucky that I like you so much or else I wouldn't be coming with you." Jessica said with a sigh before pulling herself up to pack some stuff for the journey.

An hour later, Jessica had her stuff packed and was ready to go. She left a note for her parents saying where she'd gone and then she took her bags and put it in the van on the driveway before getting in the passenger seat. Tiffany left Jessica in charge of the music. She wasn't sure if that was a good idea at first, but Jessica proved to be a good DJ.

 

On the other side of the world, Yuri hadn't recieved any messages from Jessica all day and was getting worried.

"What's up with you?" Yoona suddenly asked.

They were out getting food and Yuri had been almost completely silent.

"Jessica hasn't replied to any of my messages. I'm worried." Yuri mumbled.

"I'm sure she's fine. I bet she's probably asleep." Yoona shrugged. "What time does she usually wake up?"

"She should've woken up an hour ago. But she takes a while eating and then she likes to shower but that takes her half an hour. But anyway. She would've at least said something by now." Yuri let out a sigh.

"Stop worrying. She's probably just taking a while in the shower. Anyway, what did you want to order?" Yoona asked.

A few hours passed. Still no messages from Jessica. They were in Seohyun's dorm room right now. Seohyun was sat on the bed reading whilst Yoona and Sooyoung were chatting away to each other about something. Yuri was still staring at her phone, worrying about Jessica.

"Yuri, I can't help but notice that you look a little concerned. Is everything okay?" Seohyun suddenly asked.

"Uh.. Yeah, everything's fine. I'm just waiting for someone to message me." Yuri said, managing a small smile.

"Who is it?" Seohyun suddenly moved closer. "Do I know them?"

Yuri was about to speak, but she was cut off by Yoona.

"It's her girlfriend, Jessica. I told you, I bet she's still asleep." Yoona said.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Yuri gasped before throwing a nearby pillow at Yoona.

"Tell me more about this Jessica!" Seohyun squealed, pulling Yuri back.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica had taken over driving two hours ago and now they were driving down a road.

"Taeyeon said that she's stood waiting for us. Her friends are at work, so she's the only one home." Tiffany said.

Jessica turned down a street and surely enough, Taeyeon was stood there. She was a lot smaller than Jessica thought she'd be. Tiffany had already gotten out of the van before it had even stopped and had jumped on Taeyeon, hugging her so tightly that Jessica was pretty sure she was strangling the smaller woman. Jessica couldn't help but feel a pang of jealously watching the two. She wondered what it would be like to meet Yuri. What would Yuri's hugs be like? What would holding Yuri's hand feel like? What would cuddling Yuri feel like? What would kissing Yuri feel like? Jessica tried to push that last thought out of her mind, but it was something she thought about often. She'd fallen in love with Yuri, but she was too shy to make the first move. They'd already talked about their feelings anyway, so they were in some awkward stage of being more than friends but not dating.

"Come on, Jess!" Tiffany suddenly yelled.

It was that evening when Jessica decided that she was going to visit Yuri. She didn't know when or how she'd do it, but she was going to do it and it would be soon. If Tiffany could meet Taeyeon, then Jessica could meet Yuri.