The future.

Childish Hope

*

There were so many things that Min Gyu wanted to talk about to him. Every time he had the chance to say something, Won Woo was either distracted or didn’t hear him at all. Min Gyu felt hopeless but at the same time was glad since he didn’t do all the talking.

It wasn’t like he was a coward for not stating out his true feelings to Won Woo. He always looked out of place and he had no choice but to bottle up his feelings. Min Gyu knew he could find the solution to solve his problems but it sometimes turned out into a long session of him talking to himself during shower or he just cried throughout the night.

He taught himself to be independent because that what was Won Woo told him during their high school entrance ceremony.

“You shouldn’t rely to me all the time. We have our own private life too.”

When Min Gyu recalled the smile Won Woo flashed at him on that day, he realized he had no choice to do what he told him. He knew once they graduated from high school, they walk to their own path.

“Hey, are you okay?” A hand jolted him out of his train of thoughts. Of course Min Gyu wouldn’t able to tell him what he was thinking just now. Won Woo doesn’t care anyway.

“Yes. Why?” Min Gyu asked him, trying his best to keep his smiley face intact.

“You are not listening to me at all!” Won Woo threw his tantrum.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to. You were saying like opening a saloon right after you graduated right?” Once Min Gyu saw the sparkly eyes on Won Woo’s face, Min Gyu knew he was talking about that.

“Yes! You said you are going to take Computer Science right after we graduated?”

And honestly, Min Gyu knew what he would say next; for him to be working under him.

Would that even possible? Min Gyu thought back to himself. The only reason he wanted to major Computer Science was because he wanted to avoid any interaction with humans.

It was already tiring for him to keep up with the same fake smile every day.

“I heard it’s the easiest major in this era.” Min Gyu tried to set his mind on the topic. He shouldn't space out too much during their conversation. He hated the fact that Won Woo would pester him some complicated questions once they head back to home.

“Easy? I heard that wrong right? Listen, Gyu. I don’t want to make you down but the only things you have to deal with computers are the code which is my favourite! You do know I like programming, right?”

And what does it had to do with Min Gyu? If he likes programming so much, why did he choose a career path regarding to hair and business?

“I know that.” Min Gyu restrained his voice to sound mean.

His parents wanted him to become a teacher. Min Gyu had no clue to himself. To go with the passion he always love with which was arts or to become someone who would be useful for Korea’s future?

We never knew about the future. And Min Gyu rather chose to live in the present.


Author note: I never actually wanted to pursue this major.