The stories

Childish Hope

 

*

 

 

The class he always hated. The classmates he always tried to avoid any conflict with.
It seemed like today was just like the other day.
The same fake smiles, the same greetings, the same faces and the same old people in class 3-1.
“Good morning Mingyu!”


As expected, the honey low voice came from his best friend, Jeon Won Woo. Min Gyu put up one hand and waved. The depressed aura he had was long gone with the presence of his best friend around.


“Do you know my neighbour, Park Min Hee? She randomly came up to me and asked for my sewing kit.” And Kim Mingyu’s life started with a story session from Won Woo.
His story was unexpected. It was over and over again but he never got tired of hearing it. He knew Won Woo probably lend his sewing kit to the girl without thinking twice. He was always kind to others no matter what.
Wasn’t it great to tell stories to your best friend every day without having the anxiety getting in your way? Because you feared he might not be interested in you. You were scared of the responds. You were scared to be looked down.
In the end, what they told you was all about them. And you simply acknowledge it like you understood what they went throughout the day.

 

“What are you up to these days anyway? You didn’t pick up any of my calls.” Won Woo asked him once they settled on their own desk.

 

Won Woo had this curious gaze placed on Min Gyu but he knew Won Woo was probably trying to avoid the awkwardness in the air. Won Woo never seemed to be interested in any of his stories. Min Gyu wished Won Woo to listen more to him. It was enough for him if he would just reply him at least once.

 

“You do know I hate going out more that I hate doing my homework.” Min Gyu answered calmly.

 

“Oh? I was just thinking of going to the eatery downtown for dinner.” Won Woo pursued his lips and shook his head. Like, he was going to say something more, Min Gyu assumed. He knew what he was thinking at the moment. It wasn’t wrong if he always change the plan last minute because Min Gyu had known him much better than he knew himself.

 

“Okay.” Min Gyu let his gaze linger on him for a long time before shifting his head to look outside.

 

Awkward.

 


Ps: have you ever thought that it was better for you to listen more instead of doing all the talking?