Made It

Like I can

Run after what you want while you can. Today's the youngest day of your life.

 

Youngbae POV (turning 12 soon)

 To say I was happy after meeting with the president of YG entertainment would be an understatement. My first impression of him was like "Wow! He looks so big". Anyways I mustered up my courage and asked him if I can join his company and to my amazement he said yes, that was almost a month ago.

My birthday is approaching soon. Will he call me? Does he even remember me? Did he just say yes to get rid of me? My mind was filled with all these worrisome questions as I made my way to the dining hall where I could see all my favorite food. "Oh! atleast I get to eat my favorite food something good's happening. yay!" I mutter while stuffing my mouth with the kimbap. "Youngbae-ah Isn't it your birthday soon? Anyways did you get a call from YG company?" my brother brekas the silence by asking the question of my impending doom. I just nod along and mutter "No" feeling dejected. "There's still time it's fine eat properly youngbae-ah" my mum comforts me from the sadness that I was slowly spiralling into.

After dinner I sit on my bed and gather all my thoughts about what I wanted to do and what I should be actually doing. I was actually kind of aware of the fact that my family's financial conditions are not that great. I am caught in a constant dilemma about wanting to train to be a Kpop singer while at the same time study hard and make my parents pround. I feel my eyelids droop and finally I make my decision and for one I know that my parents will support me no matter what.

I knew one thing for sure that I loved singing at the church it made me really happy, maybe this was meant to be, maybe I need stop questioning myself and make a decision that'll make me happy because in the end I'll have to face the consequences in the end. Aish so much for happy thoughts in the morning. A week left for my birthday and I still haven't recieved a call from YG. Feeling bummed about I continued my days like that.

Few days later - Youngbae Birthday

Yay it's my birthday wohooo. Its supposed to be the happiest day of someone's life but sadly I am not feeling it. After the party was done, I finally made a decision I'm going to go to the YG office in Seoul and get my final stance. With this determination I went to bed.

Next morning I was filled with unfound excitement as I made my way towards the dinning table. After quick breakfast I made my way towards the station to catch a train to get to YG office. I felt insecure in the train as people eyed me up and down wondeing why a 12 year old dressed like a fool is going to Seoul on such a busy morning. Yes finally the stop is here and I rush towards the exit and make my towards the streets and I am hit by the city smell of Seoul, the air smelt of dreams and promises, lost love and ermm what tteokbokki. I turn my head towards the source of the smell ahhh tteokbokki I need to eat some before I get to the YG office. I stuffed my face and made my towards the address on the card. After loosing my way about 5 times I found myself at the destination. I take deep breaths and pace myself to make my way towards what could potentially determine my future. I realised that there was no turning back now.

Don't ask me how I got into the building shhh.. some things are best kept secret. I made my way towards the CEO's office and was met with surprising looks, "CEO-ssi you promised me you'd call me to come train here and I have never recived a call" I finish breathlessly and look up to the CEO whose face held mixed emotions. "Yes, I'm sorry about that. You can come train here from tomorrow" he replies calmly and suddenly I find myself on the way back home with a stupid loopsided smile on my face.

I reach home and wonder how I'm gonna deliver this news to my parents. Dinner was super awkward considering the fact I was controlling myself from bursting out from the excitement. After dinner I finally mustered up my courage or whatever was left of it and "Mom, Dad and Hyung I have something I need to confess about" all of them look at me with puzzled faces " I visited the YG office yesterday and I have been accepted a s a trainee and I am expected to report tomorrow" " Yes, I'm so happy for you. You made it" hyung was the first one to speak up. I could feel in the tension in the air as I looked up into mu parents eyes waiting for them to respond " We are pround of you and we want you to train there but we need you to make one promise- Study hard and never get your grades down as long as that's the case you can train at YG without any hinderance"  my mom responded and pulled me into a tight hug. "Group hug" hyung yells and suddenly I am engulfed into warmth. 

I went to bed with happy thoughts and an uncertainity to what my future holds at YG.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello fellow VIPs

GDYB=friendship goals af

Anyways sorry for the late update.

From now on I  promise to update every two weeks or weekly once.

Thank You and Much love xx