07. Color

Of Contact Lenses and Forearm Messages (SHINHWA Version)

Junghyuk looked at the mirror and studied his reflection. He was wearing a smart casual outfit together with his glasses. For some reason he did not feel like wearing contact lenses today so he went with his eye glasses.

“Junghyuk ah!” Minwoo called from the living room. “Are you still not done yet?”

“I’m done I’m done,” Junghyuk answered, emerging from his room. “Are the things ready?”

“Yeah, Dongwan had put it in the car already. Make sure you don’t forget anything.”

“I have everything with me except for the flowers.” Junghyuk told Minwoo as the two went out of their shared house and into Minwoo’s already running car that was parked on the driveway.

“Yeah we’ll just make a quick stop at a flower shop on our way there.” The two entered the car with Minwoo at the driver’s seat while Junghyuk at the back.

“What took you guys so long?” Dongwan asked (more like whined). “I’ve been waiting here for like at least fifteen minutes.”

“Him,” Minwoo answered as he pointed at Junghyuk. “You ready?” He asked, looking at Junghyuk through the rearview mirror.

Junghyuk sighed. “As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Good.” Minwoo the drove off. “Let’s go meet your soulmate.”


Frantic knocks on the door were what greeted Pilkyo when he got out of the bathroom. “Wait a sec!” He yelled. He quickly went to his bedroom to get dressed and when he was done he ran to the front door and opened it. The first thing he saw was a sweating, panicking Sunho who was catching his breath. “Sunho?”

“Hyung!” The younger exclaimed. “Hyung you have to help me!”

“Wait whoa Sunho yah calm down,” Pilkyo told the younger, grabbing his shoulders in an attempt for him to stop panicking. “What’s wrong? What happened?”

“Someone broke into the bakery. Choongjae hyung and I tried to stop them and now they are holding him hostage.”

“What?” Pilkyo was now worried. Why would someone target his bakery? Why would they hold Choongjae hostage? “Did you call the police?” He asked, hurriedly wearing his shoes.

“I did.” Sunho was on the verge of crying. “Hyung you have to come with me. Save Choongjae hyung, please.”

“Okay hang on.” Pilkyo stood up and grabbed his phone from the center table in his living room together with his wallet. “Let’s go.” He exited his flat and headed to the elevator. He missed the smirk Sunho had before being replaced by the panicked expression he was sporting earlier.


And so they ran.

They ran as fast as they could to the bakery- the bakery where his best friend was being held hostage by who knows who. All Pilkyo kept thinking about was how they were going to get Choongjae back that when they reached the bakery he did not even notice the lack of damage in this supposed breaking and entering.

The ‘closed’ sign banged against the glass of the door as Pilkyo swung the front door open. “Let him go!” He demanded as soon as he stepped inside the very peaceful bakery, panting.

“What are you talking about, hyung?” Choongjae asked, stepping inside the bakery from the kitchen. “Who are letting go?” Minwoo and Dongwan followed.

“Choongjae!” Pilkyo exclaimed. “Y-you’re… okay? B-but I thought-“

“You thought what?” Choongjae chuckled. He then shifted his attention to his soulmate. “What did you tell him?”

Sunho grinned. “That you were being held hostage.”

Choongjae, Minwoo and Dongwan laughed. “Why would you tell him that?”

“Wait- what is going on?” Pilkyo was confused. What was happening? 

"Oh we found this box outside the bakery when we arrived," Dongwan informed, picking up a medium sized box from behind the counter and placing it on top of it. "It contains milk, flour, sugar, butter and yeast."

Wait, Pilkyo thought. Those particular ingredients.

"We also found this outside together with the box." Minwoo went back to the kitchen and pulled out what seemed to be a person.

A person, which as he came out, the world Pilkyo suddenly became more bright and colored. 

Said person was also the most handsome person Pilkyo had ever seen.

He was tall, dark and handsome- literally. And he was holding a boquet of roses that he was giving to Pilkyo- who was rooted on the spot he was standing on. 

"E-Eric?" Pilkyo managed to stutter, still in shock. Is this really him?

The man smiled. "Hello, Hyesungie. We finally meet."