Chapter 1

You are Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You are Beautiful

/Part One: Prince Charming/

Chapter 1

 

“Grandma, I'm out for school,” Jiyeon shouted cheerfully and ran outside. Jieun, her best friend, was waiting outside. “Yo yo yo! Good morning.”  She greeted loudly and they hugged each other tightly.

Today was their first day of school, they were both in their last year of high school. Jiyeon and Jieun knew each other since middle school. Although they had completely different characters, they managed to stay as friends for all those years.

“I can't believe you're so loud so early in the morning,” Jieun commented as they walked to school. “Ah, I almost forgot to ask. Why did you stay there again?”

Jiyeon pouted slightly. “We have guests at home.” She answered shortly.

 Actually, the old woman Jiyeon called grandma wasn’t her real grandmother. They were just neighbours, but since Jiyeon was full of aegyo since little, the grandma looked after her a lot. Whenever there were many guests at Jiyeon’s house, Jiyeon would go and stay with the grandmother, which was a lot.

“I don’t think those guests ever leave.” Jieun frowned. “Whatever, you like grandma’s cooking better than your mother’s anyways.” She nudged Jiyeon and they both laughed it off.

“It's our last year, I can't believe.” Jiyeon bit her lip in anxiety. “Once it's over, I can't think how much our lives will change.”

“Hey! It's the first school day! Stop stressing out about the future.” Jieun grabbed her hand and they rushed to the school gate. Both of them were filled with excitement, seeing all of the students glowing in their uniforms.

“Today is the only day when we will see those uniforms looking like that.” The girls chuckled quietly.  “I think that those two are going out. Look at them walking hand in hand.” Both of them said in one voice and then looked at each other in horror. Soon after laughter followed. Those two spent so much time together, therefore, there were times when their similarities outshined the differences.

Knowing how much they would impact on their studies, the girl had decided not to sit together at school. Therefore they were sitting in the corners of the room – away from each other. They found it amusing, always thinking about their friendship, but honestly, they didn’t stand out as ‘bffs’ at school.

“Students, today a new student will be joining you on the journey to successfully finish high school. Please introduce yourself.” The homeroom teacher welcomed the new students. All eyes, as expected, were focused on him.

“Hello. I'm Oh Sehun. It's nice to meet you all.” He greeted coolly and looked at the teacher to say something.

“Ah, yes.” The teacher cleared his throat. “In the corner, Park Jiyeon, raise your hand.” He said and Jiyeon immediately did as told.

Sehun nodded and walked toward her. “It's nice to meet you.” He muttered quietly and sat down, facing the teacher.  Jiyeon nodded and continued listening to the teacher as well. Once the daily introducing was over Sehun turned to face his seatmate.

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow and waited for him to ask first.

“Do you mind showing me around school?” he asked. “I think we have enough time now.”

Jiyeon thought for a second and nodded right after. She grabbed her phone and stood up. “Let's go then.” She walked at a normal pace and he followed closely after. Jiyeon explained and talked mainly as they walked in the halls. “Our school isn’t built in a complicated way, so you will get used to it quickly.” She said lastly and showed a faint smile as they sat next to each other.

“What about lessons? I think I won't have the necessary things until next week.” Sehun asked.

“You don’t have to worry. Consider this week as free time, you just need to be present. You won't need anything this week.” Jiyeon assured him when her phone vibrated in her hands. She immediately turned her attention from Sehun and checked her message. A smile showed up in her face and after that, they didn’t talk until the end of school.

“Did you fall in love? What's with that smile?” Jieun nudged Jiyeon once again. All the way from school till now she had the same foolish smile on her face and she didn’t answer properly either.

“Do you remember that guy I told you about last time?” Jiyeon asked finally.

Jieun wondered which guy her best friend was talking about this time. If she had, to be honest, Jieun slightly judged Jiyeon for falling for guys way too often and she often said that to her face too. However, Jiyeon couldn’t change. She was a hopeless romantic and she was easily attracted to guys.

“The one who wrote you love poems or something?” Jieun raised her eyebrow at Jiyeon and once she saw her face lit up she knew she guessed right.

“Byun Baekyun. He didn’t write anything like that to me, but we started texting after I sent him a fan mail. He is really popular with girls.” Jiyeon started giving inform

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter