Introductions

Isn't it Ironic?

 

Hi, my name is Gerald Randolph Anderson Jr. my friends call me Ge and my family calls me RJ as Randy Jr. I work as a call center agent. So my normal routine is to work at night and sleep in the morning. I live life with no such complications, I want to spend my life as normal as possible. Wake up after dark, eat meals at least 3 times a day, work within 9 hour shift including breaks or do OT when needed, sometimes play basketball, hang out with my friends, then sleep after long time of babbling over the phone with customers. I can regulate my activities of daily living cause I live on my own, I used to live on a dormitory when I was in college so after graduating and find a job within a month after, I decided to live separately on my parents. I’m alone in my apartment, and if you’re asking. Yes I’m single with a capital S. Hey! I can tell you that I’m not ugly. Girls are sometimes throwing their self on me. Blame it to the half American blood that I got from my father and beautiful genes of my Filipina mother.  I don’t hate girls. I never experienced tragic break ups to make me bitter in love. It’s just that, I haven’t found the one who matches my heart, yet. So I decided to live my life on a routine, as the way I planned things to be, as Normal as it can get.

But there’s no such thing in this world is normal, I have proven that when I met Kim. She’s new on our company, as an agent too. I find her beautiful, y and hot. But she’s weird. After their 2 months training they will hit our floor and go on live within a month and they will be seated next to a tenured agent whom they can ask if ever they have problems or questions regarding work. And that does will be for a month and after that they will be judged weather they possess a quality to be an agent. That’s alright, and she’s seated next to me. I’m the one who’s in charge for her. But why on earth did I tell you that she’s weird? Ok. Here it goes.

Today is her first day to be on live. I used to see her on pantry, with her team mates. So when they were introduced to us, I haven’t had a hard time memorizing her face and her name.

Manager Tom: Hey! Gerald this is Kim, Kim Chiu one of our trainee.

Gerald: Hi, Kim.
I offered my hand to her as a sign of welcome. And she shyly took it.

Kim: Hi, Kuya Gerald.

And she let go of my hand, she’s got a soft hand, maybe she’s not that unfortunate in life. She stands around 5 feet 5 inch tall, she have her chinky little eyes and cute nose. Based on her last name she has a blood of Chinese. All in all she’s beautiful.

Gerald: hey don’t call me Kuya, lalo akong tumatanda nyan eh. Nauna lang ako matanggap sayo dito.

And that she smiled. Her smile is cute.

Kim: ok. Gerald.

Manager Tom: She’ll be sitting next to you for a month. She’s new so I expect you to help her. I know this won’t be hard for you. You are of our best agent here and she’s good on the training room.

Gerald: you don’t need to tell that Tom, I happy to help her.

I laughed and Tom laughed with me.

Manager Tom: That’s good. So I’ll leave you two here. I need to introduce other trainees to some agents.

Gerald: Ok, Good luck on that.

Kim: Thank you Sir Tom.

Tom strode away from us. Leaving me with Kim on my side of the table and our computer is on.  I can sense that’s she’s shy. So I break the silence.

Gerald: if ever you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask me. Wala naman bayad magtanong eh. Ililibre mo lang ako pag naka pasa ka dito.

With that she laughed. I laughed too

Kim: Thank you Gerald, I wish you have a lot of patience. I do have a lot of questions.

Gerald: Oo naman. Kaya mo yan. Wag ka mag panic, hindi ka naman kakainin ng mga customers mo.

After that we started on our work. She does have a lot of questions and I know it’s hard for her cause it’s her first day. But she did really great.

Gerald: oh break na, sasabay ka ba sa mga ka team mates mo?

Kim: Hiwa-hiwalay kami ng mga team mates ko ng shift. Yung mga ka close ko nauna na yata sila.

Gerald: ah ganun ba? Sabay ka na lang sakin.

Kim: nakakahiya naman.

Gerald: Ano ka ba. Ok lang yun. O ano? Tara na.

So we get up form our seat and head to the pantry were I saw my friends already having their lunch.

Gerald: halika papakilala kita sa ibang mga agents na kaibigan ko.

Kim: eh..

Gerald: ano ka ba wag ka ng mahiya.

We went to my friends table.

Gerald: pare pwede bang makitable sa inyo? By the way this is Kim one of our trainee.

Everyone: Hi, Kim.

Gerald: Kim, this is Matt my best friend, this is his girlfriend Mel. And here is Rayver one of my best friend too.

Kim waved her hand and shyly smiled to them.

Gerald: wait lang guys ha. Bili lang kami ng food.

We lined up, bought our food bring it over to where my friends table at.

And the interview begins.

Matt: Kim how old are you?

Kim: I’m 21 na, last April lang.

Mel: ah, we’re almost same age here pala. Its just Matt and Ge are 22. Graduate ka na? what course and from what school?

Kim: MassCom ako from DLSU.

Rayver: Ah wow. Magka schoolmate pala tayo. Go Animo!

Matt, Mel, Gerald: One big fight!

Matt, Mel and I all came from Ateneo, but with different courses and Mel is from Ateneo de Naga.

Rayver: nako buti na lang Kim nandito ka na, lagi na lang ako pinagtutulungan ng mga Asul na Ibon na to!

Gerald: ay sus naghanap ka pa ng kakampi!

All Kim did was to laugh with them.

Matt: Ah Kim, ok lang ba sayo na itanong ko ito?

Kim: alin?

Matt: may boyfriend ka na ba?

Kim: ahhh…