Jejune

Odnoliub / однолюб
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(adj.) 1. naive, simplistic, and superficial.
2. (of ideas or writings) dry and uninteresting.
(English)

 

The group finally reached Dahyun’s house after their excessive messing around on the way and various setbacks. The remaining Headphones made such a ruckus that the people around glared at them, the remaining student council noticed the looks and tried to calm them down. The gang was and still is the noisiest, annoying and scariest group of people around, so much so that basically their whole district knew about them. And most would know better to stay away. It’s a wonder why and how the student council girls fell in love with them.

 

During their journey, they also went to a stop to buy some ice cream and snacks, courtesy of the one and only Son Chaeyoung. She insisted that they have to get them before getting to Dahyun’s house. She reasoned it would be more enjoyable to play while eating snacks. However, the snacks were okay, but ice cream? In Winter? Really?

 

“Ice cream is ice cream! It’s always enjoyable!” She said, and apparently, she wouldn’t stop whining if they didn’t buy it. So they did, and of course, they didn’t forget to buy Dahyun some too. While buying, however, a guy started to flirt with Nayeon in front of Jeongyeon; and from there, all hell broke loose. Que the cussing.

 

“Hey, b*tch! What the are you doing with her?!”

 

“Ohhhh! You have friends with you? Then we can have more fun together if you know what I mean.”

 

“Disgusting prick!”

 

“Hey, hey! Let’s not get feisty, kay? Why don’t we go to my house and- ”

 

“You mother*cker! Get your dirty hands away from her!”

 

“Oh come on, beautiful. What can you do about it?”

 

“This! You !” the next thing that the jerk knows is how bad he’s hurting right now. Jeongyeon punched him in the face, probably breaking his fake nose in the process. She then gutted him and kicked him in the groin. All while letting out all the profanities that she knows.

 

“You *****! ******************************! *************************! Why don’t you just******************! Kiss your own *****************! How do you like if **************! ********************! Your mother **************************!” Everyone was shocked to hear what she had just said. A nearby mother quickly covered her children’s ears and eyes, the grandparents were so shocked, they fainted. A wild Yeri and Joy appeared and cheered for Jeongyeon. The group cheered for her too and a guy in the background called the police.

 

“Jeongyeon!” Nayeon said while trying to get her girlfriend of the asshat. “Stop it! He’s not worth it!”

 

“Argh! You’re lucky my girlfriend is nice!” Jeongyeon hissed and left the jerk alone, who is now on the floor writhing in pain. Then they proceeded to pay for their snacks as if nothing happened. Well, the group is used to Jeongyeon’s bursts of anger and violence after being friends for so long. While the audience still froze in shock with their mouths open.

 

Currently, the group is knocking on the door to Dahyun’s home, and soon they can hear the sound of footsteps nearing the front door. Not a moment later, Dahyun appeared while opening the door, dressed in a hoodie, some shorts and looking quite healthy. Not at all sickly looking as she previously claimed to get out of school.

 

“Hey! What took you so long? Weren’t you guys supposed to here since an hour ago?” Dahyun said as she ushered the group inside.

 

“Well, a certain someone wanted to buy snacks, and a certain someone got into a fight while doing it,” Sana answered while glancing at Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon.

 

“What?” Chaeyoung elongated the a. “It was for a good cause! Who wouldn’t want to eat snacks while playing? I swear you’re going to thank me later!”

 

“You do realize that I have snacks at home too, right?”

 

“You do?” Dahyun scoffed at Chaeyoung’s slowness. “How about you? Anything to say?”

 

“He deserved it. Hitting on my girlfriend, that mother*cker.” Jeongyeon sulked, and Dahyun laughed. She was amused by her friends. Plus, this makes a great news feed.

 

“Anyway, let’s go down to the basement first.” The basement is where the game room is at, and subsequently, where the new game system is at. While walking down the stairs, Dahyun noticed that some of her friends are missing. “I know Mina is sick, but where’s Momo and Jihyo?”

 

“Momo-unnie is taking care of Mina-unnie. While Jihyo-unnie is going to Claire-sshi’s place instead.” Chaeyoung answered.

 

“Awww, that’s so sweet of her.”

 

“I know right? I could have diabetes at any moment now because of their sweetness.” Tzuyu bitterly said. Sana haven’t been paying enough attention to her these days because of student council work, but Tzuyu have seen her flirting with other students, and she knows that her unnie is doing it on purpose. So watching Momo being sweet to Mina is basically adding salt to the wound.

 

“Oh come on, Tzu.” Sana laughed. “You’re also sickeningly sweet to me.”

 

“Yeah, sure I guess.” She said flatly. ‘What’s wrong with Tzuyu? Is she mad at me? Why? I didn’t do anything wrong?! Did I???’

 

“What about Jihyo? Why is she going to Claire’s house?” Dahyun asked as they went inside the game room.

 

“Oh, apparently Claire is Jihyo’s fiancé,” Nayeon answered nonchalantly

 

“WHAT?!” A little bit more and Dahyun’s eyes were probably going to go out of their sockets. The group then explained to her everything that happened earlier that afternoon. “Ohohohoho, this is going to be a scoop!” she exclaimed.

 

“Don’t publish it, Hyun,” Sana warned. “Jihyo didn’t tell us this information for a reason. I think she would be mad if you tell the whole school about it.”

 

“But didn’t Jihyo also said that they’re going to announce it at the end of the year? So isn’t it fine?” Jeongyeon reminded.

 

“Hmm, I’ll just ask Jihyo later,” Dahyun concluded and changed the subject. “Now, who’s up for a wicked time with the new PS4 NEO and some oculus rift?!”

 

“YAAAAAAAAS!” Everyone shouted, excited for the new game console and some virtual reality.

 

Time went quickly, and before they had even noticed, it’s already late in the evening and snow had already piled up outside. The group has made quite the mess in the game room with the remains of their snacks and the takeout dinner they ordered in the middle of playing. Dahyun’s parents are out and she didn’t have any servants, which would mean that she has to clean it up all by herself when her friends go home. So being the self-proclaimed genius she is, Dahyun suggested playing the last game where the loser has to help her clean up. The group quickly agreed since they didn’t want to leave the poor girl to her demise.

 

The game is a simple game of rock paper scissors; and after a few intense rounds of it, they finally have a winner, I mean loser. Chaeyoung. The group then said their goodbyes and go their separate ways. Now Dahyun and Chaeyoung are all alone. This is actually their first time alone ever since the younger one confessed to the former, which was a few weeks ago.

 

Chaeyoung had confessed to her when they were going home together, she was a depressed. Dahyun and Sana have been together all day and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter