Chapter 4

Out of Love

 

 

CHAPTER FOUR

___________________________________________

 

 

"I know i"m in no position to say this hyung, but i think you should really stop trying, hyung."

"I don't know Dino... I-"

"I'm not taking sides here but it's already hard enough for him to strive up to this point."

Jisoo rested his head back, leaning to the couch at his own living room. He called Dino so early in the morning since he could use some company for his head been a mess. Last night after he woke up from the little nap, he realised that the room was empty with no trace of Jeonghan. And it crushed him a little too deep. "Does he hate me that much till he couldn't stand being in a same room with me?" Was what filled his head since. 

"I'm so stupid." He said it more like a whisper as tears slowly rolled down his cheeks.

He hates, no, loaths himself so much right now. He wanted to hug him and caress his hair like he used to do but now even to asked about his well beings, he'd been writing and rewritting on what to say and considering should or shouldn't he send the text. The last thing he wrote and stared at for hours long was a simple 

 

 

"I miss you."

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

 

"Look how clingy Jihoon to you! When you're around, he doesn't even notice me." The mother pouted.

"Oh come on noona no one could ever replace you for him." Jeonghan said while playing with the little bundle in his arms.

"Really though, he had been crying the whole day but when he sees you he goes all cheery again. I often wondered who's the real mother here." The young mother huffed.

"Are you ready yet?" A man walked in to the room.

"Almost done, honey could you help me put my necklace on?"

"Sure, you're so beautiful tonight." He kissed his wife's cheek and hug her from behind.

"Hello guys I'm still here, you know." Jeonghan said playfully.

"Alright alright, we'll go now. Is it okay for you to look after Jihoon tonight?"

"I told you its fine. We'll be having a super cool sleep over, right Jihoon?" Jeonghan snuggled to thelittle bundle in his arms.

"Okay the milk will be-"

"In the fridge all I have to do is to warm them, Jihoon's stuff at his room and if there's something came up I got to call you. Is that all?" He said as he walked them to the front door.

"Alright then, be good to Uncle Jeonghan okay? We'll be back soon. Bye!"

 

Jeonghan never expected that it was actually their last farewell. His sister and his husband never really returned home. In the middle of the night, a phone call dropped the news.

"Hello, is this Yoon Residence?" Jeonghan who was about to whinned to his sister immediately shut his mouth, a bad feeling suddenly crept up on him.

"Y-yes."

"I'm officer Kim Minseok from Seoul Police Department, I wanted to inform you that Mr. Kwon Soonyoung and Mrs. Kwon Jungah had a car accident and now being transferred to the Central Hospital-" He dropped the phone as he rushed to his nephew's room. Collecting things up and dressed his nephew with warmer clothes before driving to the said hospital. 

"They are going to be okay." He chant that in his mind all the way there.

 

As soon as he arrived he was informed that his brother in-law passed away on the way there and his sister were in the middle of a surgery. He slumped down at the seat infront of the operating room, he couldn't bring himself to believe what he just heard.

 

"Are you the relatives of Mrs. Kwon Jungah?"

"Y-yes, I am!"

"I'm so sorry, we tried our best to-" He couldn't bring himself to listen to the rest of it as he looked down to the sleeping baby in his embrace with clenched heart. From that moment he promised he would be strong for the little baby.

 

 

Jeonghan woke up feeling so tight in his chest, his cheeks were damp with tears. But instead of crying alone, he could feel a presence besides him. There sat Seungcheol whose woken up from his whimper and cries, looking at him straight in the eyes with worry and a hand caressing his upper arm trying to soothe him. Then all of his feelings came crushing down resulting an uncontrolable sobs as he could no longer contain it himself. Seungcheol pulled him up and embrace him close, rubbing soothing circle on his back. Jeonghan hides his face to the crook of Seungcheol's neck, his body shook uncontrolably and he could feel the fabric underneath dampen with his tears. They stayed like that for a good while with Seungcheol repeating comforting words, which he wanted to believe. When the tears dried up the both of them sat in silence. Jeonghan kept looking down to his hands, he couldn't bring himself to utter even a single word.   

"It's okay, if you're not comfortable to talk about it. I just hope you're feeling a little better."

"Thank you." Jeonghan croaked, voice hoarse from all the crying but managed to looked up and put up a small smile.

 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

 

And I'm back!! I'm feeling a little mellow today so the chapter came out this way. Hope you'll enjoy!

XOXO