Chapter 3

Out of Love

 

CHAPTER THREE

___________________________________________

 

 

Everyone around the table watched as Jeonghan walked his way out and as soon as he disappeared, the attention directed toward Jisoo. They saw how there was almost no exchange between the two males.

"Have you figured things out with Jeonghan?" Asked the concerned Vernon.

"I'm so screwed." Jisoo said as he burried his face to his hands.

"I'm getting worried here, have you ever seen Jeonghan hyung that thin? And i'm not joking when i said i had a hard time dragging him here." Dino added.

"Not helping, Dino." Seungkwan commented. Dino looked around as he mouthed 'what?' with a troubled expression.

"I'll talk to him." Venon was about to got up when his phone rang.

"Ya! Where are y-" He half shouted as he picked up the call.

"Sorry, dude. Something came up. I'm on my way to a hospital right now. I'll explain later, bye!" The person on the other side rushed and hung up on him.

"Ya!" He rolled his eyes and shoved his phone back to his pocket.

"Who was it, hon?" Seungkwan asked him.

"My cousin. Seems like he bolted out on us. That prick!"

"Calm down. Now go talk to Jeonghan." His fiance reminded him.

Vernon went outside but found no one with a certain silver locks that is Yoon Jeonghan. He walked down the corridor but still no sign of him.He fished out his phone and immediately called the latter. 

"Come on, pick it up." He tapped his foot to the carpetted floor. Soon a familiar ringtone was heard from the distance. He followed the sound down the corridor only to found the phone laying on the floor.

Vernon looked around, panick began to crept up on him. He rushed to the hall again to inform the others.

"Did Jeonghan drive here earlier?" He asked in a rush.

"No, we drove here together with my car. Why? Where is he?"

"I don't know but i found his phone laying on the floor around the corner. I have a bad feeling about this."

"Uhm.. actually he said he's not feeling well when i brought him here..." The maknae began hasitately. The other just face palmed to that. They know how Jeonghan had low blood pressure and anemia.

"What? I thought he was just making excuses." Dino defended himself.

"What if he collapse again?!" Jisoo getting panick and shot up from his seat.

"Wait.. I hope i'm right." Vernon immediately grabbed his phone and called his cousin.

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

Seungcheol parked his car carelessly in front of the emergency unit and carried the unconscious man towards the building. Paramedic rushed Jeonghan towards the unit and asked him to wait by the waiting room. He was pacing back and forth and eventually peeked through the small window on the door.

"Excuse me, sir. Does Mr. Yoon have any record of illness?" A nurse came to him from inside the unit.

"I-I don't know.."

"I thought you are his relatives?" The nurse confused.

"No I-"

"Boyfriend then?" Unknowingly the word 'boyfriend' made his heart skipped a beat.

"No, I'm just a... friend." And he felt bitter when he said those words. 

His phone suddenly vibrated in his pocket, he fished it out and saw his cousin's name on the caller id.

"Are you with Jeonghan?" Without further ado the caller asked when he picked up.

"How did you-"

"Answer me." The voice firm but laced with worry.

"Yes."

"Which hospital?"

"Central hospital." 

"Wait there. I'm coming over." The line went dead.

 

Jeonghan was transfered to another room as the doctor adviced him to stay the night there. Seungcheol were seated next to the sleeping man, unknowingly examining his peaceful sleeping face. Unconsciously reaching out his hand to away the hair that covered his face, down to caress his cheek. But he jolted out off his seat as a loud ring was heard from his phone. It was his cousin. He walked outside to picked up the call. Soon his cousin arrived with a few people tagged along. All of them were having the same worried expression on.

"How is he?" Vernon came up to him.

"The doctor said he needs to rest since he seems to lack of sleep and he also talked about low blood pressure... I guess? He's asleep right now."

"Glad you're the one who found him." Seungkwan sighed in relieve.

"He always had low blood pressure and anemia, he must've tired himself lately. Thank you for taking care of him." Vernon patted his back appreciatedly.

"Sure, but uhm.. how'd you two know each other?" 

"We met back at the state, studied in the same university." Seungcheol could only nod to that.

"Can i go inside?" Jisoo who was being quiete from the time he arrived said hasitately. Everyone turned to him including Seungcheol who slowly recognized the man as the one from the cafe a few weeks ago. But he chose to remained silent.

"Sure, hyung." The maknae finally said after a rather long silence between them, he thought it couldn't done any harm since the latter were sleeping.

 

 

 

 

Jisoo ended up staying the night since the other couldn't convince him to went home. Seungcheol too wanted to stay but he figured that he was considered no one compared to the others there. So he decided to wait for a little longer till he went home.

It was an hour before midnight, everyone else were long gone, at first he stayed in the room, seated at the back within the couch. He saw how the other guy watched Jeonghan with such a longing gaze and somewhat.. guilt? He knew there must be something happened to the both males remembering the incident weeks ago. But what confused him the most was the burning feeling inside his chest and also the frustration at the sight in front of him. Just from a few encounters he somewhat had this protective feeling for the long haired man. He brushed it off and decided to buy something to drink instead.

"I'm going out for coffee, do you want some?" He offered.

"Sure, thanks." Jisoo said without leaving his eyes from the sleeping figure. Seungcheol pushed his desire to scoff. He was getting confused again. Why would he got so upset?

After getting their coffee, he took a little detour to refresh his mind since he felt it was acting on its own lately, or so he thought. He went a little too far than what he predicted. When he got back, he saw Jeonghan already sitting up on the edge of the bed trying to get off. Jisoo on the other hand had his head flat on the matress, dozing off.

 

 

 

 

 

"Jeonghan?"

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

Jeonghan opened his eyes slowly and adjusted his sight to the dim light. Another headache slowly risen though not that intense like before. He propped his arms to sat up when he heard a soft snore from his side, only to found Jisoo sleeping. His heart clenched at the sight, he need to get away. So he moved slowly as not to wake the other, he shift his legs down the bed one by one.

"Jeonghan?" He immediately turned around and found Seungcheol by the door. He put a finger infront of his lips to shushed him and eyed the sleeping Jisoo. He sighed in relieve when the latter doesn't moving an inch. Jeonghan proceed to gather his things slowly.

"Where are you going?" Seungcheol said in hushed tone and approached him.

"Home."

"But you need to rest." Jeonghan felt dizzy again and stumbled backwards when he walked to the door. Fortunately Seungcheol was behind him to caught him on time.

"See?" Seungcheol tried to convinced him.

"Jihoon needs me." Jeonghan said with closed eyes, fatigue evidence on his face.

"Okay, okay. But let me drive you." The long haired man just nodded weakly.

Seungcheol led their way to his car with one hand around him. Soon they got to the car, he put him in the front seat and jogged towards the driver seat.

"Are you still dizzy?"

"Hmm a little." Jeonghan said with eyes closed.

"Let me help." Seungcheol reached out to bend the seat by twisting the pedal at the far side of Jeonghan's seat without thinking. He just realised how close they were when he felt his breath on his cheek and felt nervous all of a sudden. Their faces were like inches away. He cleared his throat and went back to his original position. 

They were both sat in silence and just said a few word when Jeonghan showed the directions. 

"I'm sorry you had to witness everything." Jeonghan finally said, hinting about the incident weeks ago.

"Its alright ."

"I actually don't know how to face you afterwards."

"Yet here you are." Seungcheol chuckled trying to ease the awkwardness.

"But how come you were at the hospital?"  

"Well I... was the one who got you there?" 

"I thought... Well thank you." Jeonghan was somewhat relieved, since he thought Jisoo was the one who took him to the hospital. He didn't want to felt in debt towards him.

 

 

 

 

They soon arrived in front of Jeonghan's home, Seungcheol immediately helped him walked inside. 

"I can help myself, you know."

"Sure thing." Jeonghan just rolled his eyes playfully.

"Oh my goodness, are you collapsing again, dear?" An old lady rushed towards them as the walked by the door.

"I'm okay Aunty Ming, just a bit tired is all."

"That's what you always says everytime." The old lady reached to his forehead, examining him from head to toe, but the latter just smiled to it.

"Where's Jihoon?"

"He's upstairs sleeping, should i stay the night?"

"No, your son must be worried. I'm sorry i kept you so late."

"You sure, dear? You are going to be alright?" Aunty ming said while eyeing the fine man who was holding Jeonghan. Got so much more to asked for being curious, but she chose to remained silent. 

"A hundred percent." But his word were the other way round from his actual condition, as he leaned himself more to Seungcheol.

"I think we should put you to bed." Seungcheol said as soon as Aunty Ming were out of earshot.

"Good idea."

 

Climbing up the stairs was another challenge, but Jeonghan insisted he could manage so Seungcheol just patiently assisted him step by step. Jeonghan was a little breathless when he reached the last step since his blood pressure was still low. He grasped Seungcheol's arm to steady himself.

"You okay?"

"I'm sorry, just let me..." His breath was cut short and his vision was turning black again. He leaned his head to Seungcheol's shoulder, closing his eyes shut. Seungcheol on the other hand felt his heart skipped a few beats as Jeonghan was so close. His hand unconsciously slid to the small of his back, half hugging him and rubbed a soothing circle to calm him down. Without a warning, Seungcheol hoisted him up and carry the long haired man on his arms. In a normal state Jeonghan would've protested but due to the circumstances, he let it pass since he didn't have the energy. He only pointed towards his door so Seungcheol would know where to take him.

The room was spacious with a dominant colour of white. There were two doors that lead to a walk in closet and a bathroom. In the middle of the room, a king sized bed were placed with a fluffy white duvet. Next to it were placed a baby crib, where Jihoon were sound asleep.

"Does this happens a lot?" Seungcheol asked as he put him on the bed.

"Well I had it since I was a kid. Its not a frequent thing though."

Suddenly a soft sniffles was heard from the baby crib that turned into a wailing in no time. Seungcheol immediately got up and carry the baby to his father. Jeonghan watched him with a smile that unconsciously crept up his face. 

"Do we wake you up buddy?" Seungcheol said as he picked up the baby then walked towards the bed.

"Shh I'm sorry I got home so late." Jeonghan cradled him carefully as he rested his back on the headboard. Patting the baby to calm him down.  

Seungcheol decided to stay the night as the long haired man had fallen asleep while talking to him and cradling baby Jihoon. 

 

 

 

 

—————————————————————————————————————

Its been months! I know, i'm so sorry. I'm in my final semester in uni so i got caught up in real life. I was so touched when i saw someone still read and comment to this story, dear reader you just made my day! And for whoever who still had an interest and still wait for this story! I made you another chapter! Wish you all enjoy! Please bear with me, xoxo!