R00D

Shy Guys for the Win

Mingyu skillfully twirls his pen between his fingers, mind completely detached from the contents of his class. In all honesty, he doesn't even know what class he's in at the moment. The only thing he can think of is how Wonwoo tried to hide the fact that he's been spying on the LGBTQ+ club.

‘I don't think he could be gay… Maybe he's ace or aro? I wonder why he doesn't want people to know about that?’ Mingyu sighs, face slumping even further into his hand. His cheek squishes upwards towards his eye.

“Kim Mingyu!” A ruler smacks down on his desk. “No sleeping in class!”

“I wasn't miss.” He quickly snaps out of his reverie. “I was just in deep thought about what you just mentioned.”

“Please tell the class what conclusion you've come to then.” She smirks, ruler tapping lightly in her hand.

Mingyu glances at the board, discerning that he's in math class. “X=2?”

The teacher whacks him over the head with the ruler. “We’ve been talking about graphing, not solving. Pay attention or I'll keep you afterschool.”

Mingyu frowns, rubbing his head as he grumbles. “When am I ever going to graph anyway.”
________________________________________

“Mingyu!” A desperate voice shouts from behind.

Mingyu slowly turns around, pulling his bag back up his shoulder. “Yes?”

The boy drops his gaze and presses his fingers together shyly.

“Is there something you needed to tell me?” He raises his eyebrow.

The boy drops to his knees, bowing before Mingyu. “I-I love you!” He screams.

“Oh.” Mingyu's eyes widen, unsure of how else to respond. He doesn't even know who this boy is, let alone reciprocate his feelings.

“It's okay if you don't like me! I just wanted to confess before the school year ends!” The boy breathes heavily, clearly on the verge of tears.

“U-uh. Stand up, you'll hurt your knees like that.” Mingyu grasps onto his forearm and helps him up. He begins dusting off the other’s pants before realizing that this might not be the best thing to do in this situation. Mingyu withdraws his hand, finally staring at the poor boy’s face. “What's your name?”

“Ah, I'm Jeonghan. Yoon Jeonghan.” He bows again, fringe falling over his face. “I'm a senior.”

Mingyu’s eyes widen and he grabs the other by the shoulders, pulling him to a straight position. “Don't bow to me Hyung. You're older!”

Jeonghan smiles angelically, wiping his eyes. “Thank you.”

“No need.” He shakes his hands frantically, a blush tinting his cheeks. ‘This hyung is pretty cute...I've always had a thing for older guys too…’

“I think I should go now.” Jeonghan moves his hair behind his ear, slowly stepping backwards.

“Ah wait!” Mingyu grabs his bicep to keep him from moving.

“Hmm?” Jeonghan asks in surprise, his wide eyes just making him look even cuter.

“Do you want to come eat lunch in our club room?” Mingyu asks breathlessly.

Jeonghan’s eyes light up. “Are you sure?”

Mingyu nods in excitement. Maybe this confession really wasn't as much of nuisance as he thought it was.
________________________________________

Flirt mode on.

Wonwoo has been scowling through the doorway of the LGBTQ+ club room for the past twenty minutes because of Mingyu’s googly eyes, which he swears are going to roll out of his head at any moment. In all two of his years of stalking Mingyu, he has never seen this long haired ‘man’ speak to his love, and it pisses him off that Mingyu has become all heart eyes for him in a split second.

“Mingyu has seen more of me for god's sake. Why hasn't he been flirting with me?” Wonwoo crosses his arms and shoots daggers at the mystery man.

Wonwoo needs to devise a plan, and fast. His animal instincts kick in and a lightbulb flashes above his head in an instant. Quickly, he gathers up his lunch and backpack before booking it down the hallway to the student council room.

He smooths back his hair, eyes aflame. Wonwoo pushes the door open and bows politely at the school president.

“Ah Wonwoo! We haven't seen you in a while!” Seungcheol removes his glasses, rubbing his eyes.

“Yeah.” Wonwoo smiles sheepishly, his shy side creeping out again.

“What brings you here?” Jihoon eyes him curiously from Seungcheol’s side.

“Well… I need your help.” Wonwoo scratches the back of his head.
________________________________________

Wonwoo takes a series of deep breaths outside of the club room, trying to build up some confidence. He brushes at his chest, then turns on his heel and bursts into the classroom. Immediately, a wave of silence washes over him, draining Wonwoo of his composure.

Mingyu finally drags his eyes away from the effeminate man at his side and lays them on him. Wonwoo’s breath catches in his throat.

“Ah, did you come here to join the club?” Mingyu says in an annoyed, distanced tone.

“N-no. I'm here on be-behalf of the student council.” Wonwoo forces out. “I'll need to, to um, to speak to you in private.”

Mingyu pulls his lips into a tight line. “Okay. Let's just go outside.” He turns to Jeonghan, putting on a prizewinning smile. “Sorry about this. I'll be right back.”

Jeonghan nods, a cute, nose scrunching smile on his face. Mingyu boops his nose before following Wonwoo outside.

“What's this about?” Mingyu asks once they're a foot away from the classroom. He crosses his arms, sighs, and rolls his eyes away from Wonwoo’s.

“Your club has broken some rules in the code of conduct and they need to be fixed, otherwise, we’ll have to shut you down.” Wonwoo says quietly, eyes glued to his clipboard.

“What!” Mingyu shouts, arms dropping to his sides.

“You haven't been following the rules…” Wonwoo says meekly, body shrinking at Mingyu’s booming voice.

“That is unbelievable! You've got to be kidding me!” Mingyu scoffs.

“Y-You guys-s just ha-have to do s-some comm-munity service hou-hours.” Wonwoo stutters, tears forming in his eyes. It looks like Mingyu is in the verge of punching someone, and that someone one would be him.

Mingyu glares at Wonwoo. “I'm going to have a word with the student council president. If there's something important like this going on, he should have come to me himself instead of sending someone who is incompetent in social situations.” As he makes his way down the hall, he makes sure to roughly hit Wonwoo with his broad shoulders, nearly knocking the older over.

Wonwoo sniffles, wondering how Mingyu’s attitude towards him could change so quickly.