Hangout

Purple Lenses and Blue Roses

 

It was Wednesday night when the boys invaded her house again. First up was Kyuhyun.

“Who is it?” Jery asked through the intercom when her doorbell rang.

“It’s Kyuhyun, noona. Can I come visit?” he asked. It was already 8 in the evening.

“Go ahead, the door’s open.”

Kyuhyun continued speaking even as he was getting into the house. “We finished early today, and I was wondering if I could…” he stopped. Since he first didn’t see her in the living room, he peeked around the shel separating her dining area from the living area. Jery waved from behind the dining bar, her laptop oprn and stacks of papers spread out infront of her. She was currently standing, poring over the documents.

He had difficulty speaking next because he was still tongue-tied at the striking figure she presented. She wore a black spaghetti strapped tank top and light brown office slacks. Her hair, though short, was tied back, effectively showing off her elegant shoulders. Her arms, though a bit fleshy were actually sinewy. And he only belatedly realized that she had impossibly long legs.

“Yes, Kyuhyun?” she asked.

“Uhh, is now a bad time? I can actually come back another day…”

“Depends on what you need.”

“Actually, I wanted to ask if I could watch TV here – we’re having a fight again next door as to what to watch…”

“Oh, okay, no problem. I’d have to be a lousy host tonight, though, as we’re rushing a deadline. But feel free to do what you want – raid the fridge if you want something to eat.”

“Are you sure it wouldn’t be a distraction?”

“I was actually thinking of what to do to make things less silent before you came. There’s such a thing as deafening silence and I was getting distracted by that. So no, I’m not going to be bothered by you watching TV.”

Kyuhyun found out moments later that he was the one distracted. He had settled on the sofa that faced the dining bar and he kept stealing a look at her when he thought she wasn’t looking. A phone call slightly managed to make him narrowly avoid getting caught.

“Yes hyung?” he answered. It was Sungmin calling. “I’m here at Jery-noona’s… no, I asked permission to watch TV… erg, she’s actually busy… I’ll ask okay, wait.”

“Uh, Jery-noona?”

Jery raised her eyebrows, in what Kyuhyun learned to read as a “what” question.

“Can Sungmin hyung come over, too?”

She smiled. “Of course! And you don’t need to ask everytime – all of you are always welcome here. It’s just that I can’t be bothered until I finish here. Have Sungmin come over.”

“Oh hyung,” Kyuhyun spoke back to the phone. “Come on over, but we can’t be distracting, Jery-noona is really busy.”

Jery only shook her head and gave a small smile at the exaggerated caution in Kyuhyun's voice but went back to her work, sitting this time.

Sungmin came over with Donghae, already bringing a bowl of chips. “Good evening, Jery-noona…” and then Sungmin was also tongue-tied at her getup.

She didn’t even look up but still said, “Hi, guys, just go around and help yourself to whatever you need.”

“Have you had dinner already, noona?” Sungmin still asked. Jery seemed to struggle recalling if she already had dinner.

“Yes, Sungmin-ah, I already ate. Thanks for asking,” this time she looked up to smile at him but immediately went back to work.

Donghae had no qualms about being noisy at all. He kept laughing at the comedy they were watching, causing Kyuhyun and Sungmin to shush him then they’d all peek over Jery. But she wasn’t distracted, ever.

They slightly jumped, though, when she started talking before they realized she was on the phone. As the conversation was in English, they couldn’t follow what she was talking about, but based on the way she picked out certain papers from her stack, she was talking about work.

 


__________________

© higashinoumi (http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1108258), 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to higashinoumi (http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1108258) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.