002

Red Champagne
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Stop spacing out, Ae. Knock out of it.”

Her human bestfriend elbowed her ribs making her wince in pain. Ae glares at her before sighing out loud. Her fingers nibbling at her clothes and her ears is not concentrating on the person speaking in front explaining the procedure for the weekly reports. 

“Fine, Spill.” Her bestfriend, Young, shift all her attention to the small – figured Lee Ae. Not like she needs to listen those procedures. She memorize it like the back of her hands. “It’s Sehun.” Ae quickly mumbles. She still feels heartbroken knowing Sehun is most likely sitting near the cathedral and having a sweet conversation with Seyoung, his first partner. 

“Whoops, sorry bestfriend. If its Sehun I have no right to help you.”

Young shifted her body, looking at the crowd standing up ready to say their reports to the receiver in charge. “Your receiver will help you. That’s what they do.” Young whispers before stepping to the right door of the hall. Lining up with other humans. Lee Ae sighed again before standing up, looking for her door. A guard came to her and asks her softly, “How far are you?”

“Two years.”

“Right this way, miss.” She nodded her head and followed the guard to the short line on the left of the hall. On top of the door, something was written on it. “Year Two.” She mumbles. Yeah, her contract with Sehun have last for 2 years now. The lady in front of her was checking on her the whole time with judging eyes. “Do I have something on my face?” 

“You’re the girl that have been paired up with Sehun, aren’t you?”

She nodded her head. The lady in front of her is pretty. Very pretty, to be said. Her body is voluptuous and her hair is a wavy red hair reached to her . A few wrinkles on her face but nonetheless she’s still prettier than her, or so she thought. “Poor little girl.” She wickedly smirks. 

“Pardon?” Ae is baffled right now. 

The lady turn her body to her all her height plus the 10 cm stilettos hover over her tiny figure. Her arms folded infront of her chest, a smug look plastered on her face. “I was Sehun’s 55th partner. He still s me everytime we met. So don’t dare to think you’re valuable to him. He s all of his past partner.”

Ae gulped. Her fingers reaching to her ears, clamping down on it. “I do not wish to hear of this.” She whispers. The lady keeps smirking and steps closer to Ae, overpowering her. “You’re nothing to him.”

“Stop.” Ae whimpers.

 

“You’re not valuable to him.”

 

“Please, stop.” Ae was crouching down on the floor, eyes teary with every words.

 

“He finds you worthless!” 

 

“No, he doesn’t…” She whispers.

“Where is he then? Is he waiting for you on the waiting room? Let me guess, he visits Seyoung again. After that he will visits all of his past partners. Dead or Alive. He will them into oblivion. Oh darling, he always do me so good that I wont even had the energy to stand.”

 

Ae doesn’t have a comeback. Her mind still processing every word the lady just said. Sehun wouldn’t do that, would he?

 

Two guards that was watching and listening quickly barged in to the door for the Year Two calling the receiver in charge. By now, all of the people in the hall was looking at Ae and the lady. Young was nowhere to be seen. The receiver comes out from the office with both hands on her hips. Lips pressed to a thin line and eyes looking sharply at the lady. “Miss Yoo Haesoo. Please walk down the hall to the detention quarters. The guards will you there.”

 

“But receiver, She-!”

 

“Miss Lee Ae didn’t started it. You did.”

 

The two guards walking ahead the receiver to the lady named, Yoo Haesoo, and proceed to held her arms, escorting her to the detention quarters. The receiver sighed and looks at all of the crowd looking at Ae that still crouches down and tears are streaming down her face. “Go back to your business, ALL OF YOU!”

Soon everyone was back on their line, some still glancing at Lee Ae. The receiver was muttering apologies to the other humans in her line, which they kindly accepted since they knew of the circumstances. She walks to table just in front of her door and talks to her assistant. “Tell Kim Suho to pick Yoo Haesoo at twelve.” 

The assistant looks up at the receiver. “Codes?”

“Kim Suho is V, Yoo Haesoo is H. Code Yellow, warning.” 

The receiver walks back to her office shutting the door close and continues to listen to the humans reports. Lee Ae quickly stands up and wait in the back of the line again. A nice young lady comforted her and give her a bottle of water for her to calm down. 

 

© Red Champagne

 

“Such a pleasant surprise.” A sweet melody calls at him. Sehun turns his head to a shining light that slowly reveals a figure of a beautiful woman. “Seyoung.” 

Seyoung chuckles at him. Sehun smiled at her. They walks together to sit by the log near the cathedral, watching human kids playing near the playground there. “How’s Ae?”

“Thankfully, she never causes problem.”

Seyoung nodded her head. She looks at him and smiles. “She’ll be in trouble.” Sehun nods at her. He knows that when he decided to chose her as his partner. Seyoung studies his side until he looks at her, noticing she stares. “Too handsome for your liking?” 

“You fell in love with her.”

“W- what?” Sehun coughed awkwardly. He did not expect this to happen. “You so do!” Seyoung accuses him cheerfully. She’s an archangel, of course she knew trivial things like this. “Look, I don’t know where you got that silly idea but I don’t love her.” Sehun mutters, his face reddening.

“Just you see.” Seyoung sing-sang. If cupid does exist, Seyoung would be one. Afterall, her main task is to uniting every soulmate. But that Sehun did not know. Seyoung did not feel any pull between Sehun and Ae but something tells her that the vampire was falling for the human. How cliché, she thought.

Sehun scoffed at her. His phone ringing loudly from his jeans pocket. Silently thanking the caller he answers it in front of Seyoung. “Hello? Sehun’s speaking.”

 

“Sehun! I’m sorry for the trouble Haesoo caused.” 

 

Huh? Sehun was baffled and he quickly checks the caller ID. It was one of his closest friend, Kim Suho. “Haesoo? What happened?”

“You haven’t heard? Haesoo pick a fight with Ae today.”

Sehun’s body went frigid. Seyoung quickly stood in front of Sehun asking him what’s wrong. His Ae is currently alone and maybe she’s crying or feeling insecure and he’s not there with her. Sensing his worry, Seyoung ushered him to go to her which Sehun complies. He fled the place immediately in a puff of smoke. 

 

© Red Champagne

 

“How are you feeling Ae?” 

 

The receiver smiles at Ae when she steps from behind the door. So far, Ae was her most vulnerable client of all. “Okay, I guess.” Ae mutters. Ae was always quiet and shy, the receiver finds it hard to know Sehun’s activities from Ae. “How’s Sehun? I’m sorry for Haesoo earlier.”

“He’s meeting Seyoung.” Ae said again. Her eyes stares at her own fingers that keeps picking at her clothes. “Oh? Did he tell why?” The receiver asks her again, only to receive a shake of head from Ae. “You have to confront him Ae. He’ll stay quiet if you don’t.” The receiver advise her. She opens a thick binder with Sehun’s name on it and flip the page to a pink sheets with Ae’s name on it. She flips it until she find the latest report which is last week. She scans through the reports only to find the same words over and over again.

 

He’s meeting Seyoung

 

“Ae, you’ve been saying the same sentence for a month. Are you sure he’s meeting Seyoung? Or are you guys in a bumpy relationship right now?”

Ae sighed before looking at the receiver tiredly. “You can ask him if you don’t believe me.” She said weakly, pulling out her phone from her pants and unlocking it finding Sehun’s contact and putting it on the table, asking the receiver to ask him personally. The receiver sighed and locks her phone, handing it back to her. “Look, Ae-”

“I don’t have anything to report anymore. Can I go now?”

The receiver gulped and nodded her head. Ae stood up before bowing her head and heading out the

Please log in to read the full chapter