The Last Time

Shades of Red

It is Yoona´s Wedding. A wedding every woman just could dream of. A huge, spacious, old church beautifully decorated with flowers. The sunlight shines through the colored glass of the church dyeing everything in the most beautiful colors. Barely every bench is occupied.And the most impotant thing, herself in a sheer white dress reaching to the ground.

It could be Yoona´s most wonderful day in her life. But no, not at all, it´s her worst. She getting married to someone else then the love of her life.

Yoona is drowned in her thoughts when her father enters the room with a mischievous grin. He must be happy, he took everything from me, and even didn´t spare a thought about my suffering. Yoona thought. She forced herself to stand up and walked to the huge wooden door. Her father stood next to her checking his bow tie a last time.

After a while he opened the door and immediately every pair of eyes glued on Yoona, the center of the day. Her legs refused to walk but her father took her arm and imperceptibly dragged her to the altar.  Yoona could hear gasps and whispers, how beautiful she is. What does her beauty mean when she will cry right after the wedding.

She could be a lot more beautiful with a smile. But why should she smile? For whom should she smile? Why should she pretend to be happy?

She is marrying a man she doesn´t love, because of a business deal and her parents make it look like she really would love him.

 

Yoona stands at the altar. In front of her, in couple of minutes to be husband, and between them the priest with his book. He was reading the well known and unnecesary kitchy words. But Yoona didn´t pay any attention, she was enjoying the last seconds of her freedom. Instead her glance was wondering over the church, over the people from the last row to the first. All her friends were in the first row. But her glance stopped when her eyes caught a claret red dress. Her eyes widened when she saw the face.

Sooyoung?

Why is she here, how does she find the courage to be here?

It was Sooyoung sitting in the front row with slightly to the side bended head. She smiled, sadly, just like her eyes that were sad.

"Do you, Im Yoona want take Kim Junmyeon to your husband."

No. It was already on her tongue, but when her glance caught the judging one of her mother, she bit her tongue, just not to say anything wrong.

"I-i do." Yoona uttered stammering. And she knows she just ruined her life more than ever.

"Do you, Kim Junmyeon want to take, Im Yoona to your wife."

"I do." He answered immediately and smiled after.

After this Yoona was gone she didn´t hear any further words.

 

After the wedding the afterparty followed. Sooyoung leaned on a pillar with a glass red wine in her hand. The only good thing at this event. She was watching the people, not really interesting until then a certain woman was walking closer to her.

"Red was never your colour." She said in a calm tone.

Sooyoung chuckled slightly. "It is good to see you too, Yoona but we both know, hopefully it is the last time, since you are married..." Sooyoung answered.

"Why are you here?" Yoona asked in flat tone.

"I just wanted to congratulate you. You broke my heart. You are a coward do you know? Weren't you too scared to say 'no' to your parents months ago, then this would not have happend " Sooyoung said.

"Aren´t we over it?" Yoona answered immediately, she was pretending like she doesn´t care but in fact she did. She did a lot, she broke Sooyoungs heart, ruined her world and destroyed her happines for the rest of her life.

"We didn´t even talk, you disappeared like you never exsited. But anyway, I´m happy you did, it lightens my life, I was waisting too much of my precious time on something pointless like love."

"It was real love!" Yoona raised her voice just to get several pairs of eyes glancing on her. She realized something inside her was still attached to Sooyoung that let her behave unconsciously."

"Anyway. I better go now." Sooyoung smiled amused. She placed the glass of wine onto the table next to her before she slid a hand around Yoona´s waist pulling her into a hug, cheeky like always.

Yoona´s first was surprised, but wrapped her arms around Sooyoung´s neck intuitively like it already became a reflex of her body. She was trying so hard not to cry and tell Sooyoung how sorry she is.

They stayed quite long in a hug until Yoona caught the suspicious look of her husband. She quickly let go of Sooyoungs neck and pulled away.

"Have fun with your parents-businesspartner-son." Sooyoung winked and smiled a last time before she left.

Yoona was watching her leave. Her heart ached strangely but somehow in a so well experienced way.

 

"Yoona-ya!" Somebody shouted.

Yoona turned around immediately putting her 'conceal don't feel' face on, seeing her bestfriend Tiffany. "Fany, how are you doing."

"Great, did you and Sooyoung argue again? Did she ate your buffet away? " She laughed at her own joke. But Yoona didn´t laugh she looked emotionless to Tiffany.

"This is not the reason she's heading back to korea?" Tiffany asked. Yoona almost shouted ´what´ but she thought its better to say nothing.

"Right?" Tiffany elbowed Yoona, but her smile became akward when she didn´t receive an answer from Yoona.

Of course Tiffany doesn´t know why they fought, nobody knew about Yoona´s and Sooyoung´s relationship, except Yoona´s parents. Who just got to know it randomly. Everybody thought they are normal friends.

After Tiffany had went again, 

Yoona leaned herself onto a pillar and raked her fingers through her hair and mumbled, "Heck. What have I done?"