Chapter Three.

Broken Feathers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, how about this then. Just give me a room from that floor and I will be gone in two days. Deal?" Just as she was about to probably refuse my offer, she looked past me and gasped softly. 

 

Looking back again to see why she so obviously gasped, I almost forgot to breath myself. This couldn't be true, I was still dreaming in the cab. That's why I didn't have to pay the man either. Trying to wake up by pinching myself, I cursed under my refound breath. I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't dead, this was reality. Walking towards me was the same person who had bumped into me not an hour ago. Unconsciously a small smile crept onto my face. I actually hadn't thought about if I ever were to see him again, yet here he is. This time I made sure to look at all of him, just in case this was the last time I saw him. He was wearing a light blue jeans, which was ripped around the knees and thighs, a black shirt with a dark camouflaged jacket over it. And on his neck dangled a nametag necklace and a black rope, which held a small, black crystal. His black hair was shaved on the sides and styled on top. As he came closer, his smile only seemed to grow, noticing how I was staring at him and my bright blush that kept growing on my pale skin. To avoid him from seeing I was totally flustered by only his smile, I turned back to the lady for my room. "Let me guess. They are the guests?" She slowly nodded at my question, staring in the direction of pretty eyes. "Quick question, do you like pie?" Again she nodded her head slowly, as if she was in some sort of trance. Looking at her screen in front of her, I saw it was set on a room in the reserved floor, ready to rent. "So I just have to pay and the room is mine?" She pressed some buttons in a hurry, took my card as I flashed it and handed it back to me along with the keys. "See you in five days!" I said with a smile as she wasn't paying attention to me anymore, but to the guests. Looking back once before taking the elevator, I saw pretty eyes looking at me, but this time not with a smile. More like he was curious or something. The doors closed and our eye contact got broken off. As I looked at my key, and thus the number, I pressed the button of the floor and waited for the elevator to take me there. A burning feeling inside my chest made me realize I was holding my breath, again. The term breathtaking had just been proofed...

 

Arriving at the destined floor, I stepped outside and straight to number 412. Thinking that I will be alone up here with the group that reservated the whole floor for themse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter