II : First Meeting

voices like thunder.

Tall.

Of course that would be Dongwan’s first impression upon meeting him. Even in a pair of flats (and sadly Dongwan’s shoe lifts), the other man was still at least half a head taller than him.

He seemed a bit clumsy, awkwardly dragging a chair from the corner of the room towards Dongwan. Perhaps he could’ve tripped over his own legs if he didn’t trip over the chair first; but still gave a radiant, playful smile that Dongwan couldn’t help but return as he quickly picked himself up.

A sense of youthfulness gave him the same impression as when he met the younger Griswold actor for the first time the other day but an immediate, humorous charm quickly set their first impressions apart. Maybe this was the director’s style of cast choices. Perhaps actors far in nature from their characters captured them the best? Dongwan didn't particularly see himself in Poe's eccentrics but that could be said for those playing Griswold as well. How concerning if someone really was that dark, deceptive and an actor as well.

Dongwan had read ahead for his given script, he recalled reading scenes of the opposite lead character hovering over him and several instances of physical contact and visual contrast between the two roles. How scary it would be with someone this tall, but it would make the illusion ever more real.

Carefully adjusting as if the chair would betray him once again and drop him back to the ground, the other actor finally set down his chair beside Dongwan. Out of respect for a new acquaintance, Dongwan extended his hand out to greet him.

“Kim Dongwan.”

“Oh hyung!” an upbeat greeting, accepting his handshake with both hands. “I know who you are already.”

The taller man dug through his bag and took out an exact copy, with a few more folds on the corners, of the script already in Dongwan’s hands. His earlier thoughts were completely disregarded and new type of interest was formed as he read the words on the front.

Edgar Allan Poe Musical.
-

Role: Edgar Allan Poe, Actor-

“Choi Jaerim,” the young actor chimed in before Dongwan could finish his thought. He nodded his head in respect, before flashing another smile, “I hope we can have fun together on this!" 

 

A/N: Just a short one! I had Sangyoon/Hyungryul in the works already before this but got stuck and this came out instead lol. The insp kinda came by from a vid combining Jaerim and Hyungryul's vers of Heaven on Their Minds and then the idea of the two being able to fit both Poe/Griswold parts came to mind ;; I don't think Dongwan really would have no idea who the other actors were until meeting them but what if? c':

Also thanks to those who read the previous story! I'm still a newbie writer so please excuse my inconsistancy. ;u;