2. Tuna (Shining Diamond Restaurant)

The Beauty of Food

Shining Diamond, a small yet successful restaurant at the corner of the street. Its elegant maroon interiors goes well with the ligther red walls, also the white cream napkins engraved with a gold curvy SD on every table. The faint classic music makes the restaurant even more perfect, spending your money here wouldn’t be a waste with all these plus points. We need to treat ourselves sometimes anyways, right?

 

“Junhui, please chop me tuna for my fusilli here!”

 

Soonyoung, the pasta chef and also his bestfriend. when Junhui first come to Korea and working here, Soonyoung was the one who helped him the most. Language barriers, culture, and they even live together at a medium sized apartement to lessen his expenses. They also shared the same hobby that is dancing, it makes them get along even better and going to clubs every two weeks in a month is already fixed in their schedules.

 

“on my way, Soonyoung!”

 

Happy is an understatement, Junhui is beyond proud to be working here. Looking at those tuxedos and fitting dresses are pleasure to his eyes, though he only sees the glimpse of it from the small window on the kitchen door. No matter how hectic it is inside, once the food is leaving with Wonwoo and soon went inside the mouth of their costumers, Junhui think it’s worth it, because all of them will be smiling. Serving the best food for the best people, that’s what always he wanted to do.

 

“one tuna fried rice!” Wonwoo, the server yelled

 

“got it! Give them the complimentary wine first!”

 

Tonight’s special is tuna. Had got quite extras from the supplier, they decided to do a little refreshment on the menu and bring tuna to the top. That”s also means more work for Junhui, the fish handler. He begins to chop the tuna fillet then separate it into 2 bowls, one for Soonyoung. The wok is heated and he throws in mixed eggs with spring onions. Fried rice, he made it countless time when he’s still a student at China, so he definitely got this. 

 

His mind flows back to the early days, burned and cutted his fingers on a weekly basis. His parents said he was crazy, because he passed the audition and with that face they sure Junhui would make a good actor, but he torn the contract shamelessly infront of the CEO and went straightly back homeㅡkitchen, to be exactㅡ, scalling eels and roast it with his own sause. Since then, his parents finally understands his passion and seriousness for cooking and let him flew here. Seungcheol, the restaurant owner and also the meat handler, was lucky to found and hired him, never realised his crew was lacking someone until Junhui finished his first day.

 

“hey, kid” he taps his shoulder, “if you do well today, i’ll consider to raise your salary starting next week”

 

Junhui smirks “make that two days from now, boss”

 

“boss, how could you!” Soonyoung’s shrieks could be heard from the side of the kitchen.

 

 

Just like tuna, what a rich and pleasant night it is.

 

 

~~

 

A/n

 

Im gonna have my college orientation soon so the next chapter might have to wait a bit im sorry>< i'll continue once everything is finished! Thankyou for reading<33