1. Green tea (Healing Café)

The Beauty of Food

"Hmm may I reccomend you a hazelnut latté with a green tea cake, then? Special on the house only for today!" Mingyu said, not forgetting his signature smile. The petite lady nods softly "sure, I like green tea"

 

 

"That will be ₩4500. This is your order number and just wait on your table, we'll serve it in no time"

 

 

"Thankyou, young man" she smiles as she pays then walks to a table nearby.

 

"Shua-hyung! Another slice of green tea cake please~"

 

Had asked Joshua this morning why is today's special green tea, he simply replied that it's exam week, he's positive many freshmen will come to study so tea is the perfect one. It's aromatic and calming, and making it into a sweet dessert will complete it. He was proven rightㅡwell maybe it's also because of Mingyu's smile, no one would refuse his offersㅡ, it's already their third big round cake while it's barely past lunch time.

 

Mingyu hums as he starts to mix the coffee. Not gonna lie, hazelnut is one of his favorite so that's why he reccomended it. Latté is also always fun job to do, so he's glad the lady accepted it.

 

 

It's been 4 years since Kim Mingyu works here at Healing Café. Started off as a part-timer, he is now 24 and finished his college, he finally decided to be a full-time barista. He grew to likes this place. The sweet cozy interiors, the drunking smell of brewed coffees and warm pastries, the fun calming music coming from some tiny speakers at every corner corner of the café. He also likes his co-workers. Joshua, the owner but also working on cakes at the pantry. Jeonghan, Joshua's partner who's working on pastries, has a pretty smile and bob hairㅡthe 'angel' nickname really suits him wellㅡ, and Jihoon, another barista, despite his small figure and smiles not so often, is really a master and knows what he's doing, so Mingyu really admires him.

And speaking of Jihoon,

 

"Here it is" Joshua came with the cake, "how is it today? You still can handle it? i'm sorry.... i knew i should've hire another employee"

 

He chuckles "we wouldn't want a sick Lee Jihoon working, hyung. Those words never works well together. Also don't worry about me! Today are mostly regulars so i know the orders well"

 

"Alright, then. But remember to just ask me whenever you need help. Asking Jeonghan is even better, the second batch of pastries are done so he basically doesn't have anything to do, except, i don't know, go to the restroom every 30 minutes to admire his own hair" Joshua rolled his eyes

 

"Sir, yes sir!"

 

He sprinkled some chocolate powder on top of the latté and starts making a clover shape while smiling to himself. Just like green tea, what a calm and smooth day it is.

 

 

~~~

A/n

 

Pls pray for me i wont abandon this fic lmao:") i'll do my best! Thankyou so much for reading<333