fin.

'I Love You' Is A Sad Sentence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 'I Love You' Is A Sad Sentence [/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2] fin. [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] The idea of romance was something Seo Joohyun couldn't quite get her hands on. She was oblivious and unconcerned with love. Of course, she was not completely naive with the topic; not a day went by without her friends rattling on about their impressive boyfriends and significant others. In the case they didn't have one, they instead, had a pleasant crush. Joohyun had experienced liking someone before, back when she was nine and those feelings couldn't yet be suppressed. Junmyeon was his name, she recalled. And he was the boy who played with her during recess and shared with her his broken crayons. Luckily, their friendship still existed even to this day, but that certain interest was gone.

Poof. Vanished without a trail. Except for that broken blue crayon that was now lost on her bedroom floors.

She forgot to give it back to him when she was nine. Sorry Junmyeon.

Again, Seo Joohyun was lacking in the romance category. Which proves that she was indeed someone who indulged herself in books and school work, nothing more and nothing less. So when the day came to an end at a Friday afternoon and students were rushing out of the school exits like a herd of unsophisticated sheeps, Joohyun was extra surprised when the soccer team's most depended on team captain was waiting for her outside of her sixth period class.

She was the last one to get out, so he couldn't have been waiting on anyone else. Unless he wanted a word with Mr. Song. Surely that wasn't the case because Xi Luhan was already locking eyes with her own. "Can I talk to you?" he asked, flashing his most gentle smile as soon as she walking through the door. Somewhat dazed, Joohyun nodded, in instinct following him down the hallway. She was trailing behind him and her eyes couldn't help but wander closely on his back.

Luhan did have a pretty good figure, it's what she'd expected from an achieving soccer player. As far as she knew, he and his team had won their school a variety of trophies and certificates that had now proudly sat in the trophy case at the entrance. Alongside his fascinating talent, this boy was blessed with well rounded looks. A good amount of her friends had had a crush on him over the years, but that was not much of a surprise. Luhan had everything. Despite the masculine image he tried so hard to put up, he can give a single bat of his eyelashes and one would need a moment to catch their breath.

Joohyun's slight trance was broken by a refreshing laughter. "You're not listening to me, are you?" She blinked twice before meeting Luhan's doe eyes. Before she knew it, they were already outside, facing the football field that was almost empty except for three guys, who she knew were part of the football team, practicing their hikes. "Sorry bother you like this. Did you have anything to do?" Luhan asked, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

She shook her head, "No, don't worry about it."

"Good." he flashed her a boyish grin. Despite the fact that they were seniors and nearing their graduation, Joohyun and Luhan had only exchanged a few words over their past three years of being in the same high school. That being said, hearing him casually speaking to her was odd to Joohyun. Of course, she wasn't going to be rude about it so she nonchalantly listened to what he had to say. A long few seconds of silence washed over them and she was already getting less and less comfortable.

"So..." she spoke, enhancing the awkward atmosphere. Good job Hyun. You're absolutely great at being social. "Why did you bring me out here?"

"Funny, I thought you already knew why." Luhan, once again, laughed. Or rather, he giggled. If boys giggled. "You see, I've liked you for a while now." Instantly, Joohyun's expression lit up in surprise, but soon turned into a look of suspicion.

"When was this?" she asked in genuine curiosity. As far as she had known, she could count number of their encounters using only her hands. Meaning, they rarely ever conversed and this boy was interested in her? Now that's news.

Crossing his arms and haughtily curling his lips into a slight smirk, Luhan continued, "You may not know, but we have three classes together. And it's always been that way. Except for freshman year, in which we only had one but—"

"And you kept track of that?" Joohyun interrupted, speaking her thoughts aloud. As soon as she said that, her fingers brushed across her lips, slightly cursing at herself for being rude. But it was a legitimate question.

Faking a look of insult, Luhan put his palm on his chest and took a step back. "I'm offended." he said sarcastically, teasing her a little. Joohyun only frowned, not at all impressed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But just so you know I'm being a hundred percent genuine right now." He smiled, brushing away the little strand of hair that made it's way across his face. "I don't need an immediate answer so don't worry. I can wait."

"Well, my answer is no." Joohyun smiled, making her way back inside. That is of course, before Luhan clutched her wrist and spun her back around to face him. Shaking off his grip Joohyun shot him an icy glare. "What is it, Luhan."

"That's it?" He asked, bewildered. Joohyun only nodded, throwing him another brash smile for the heck of it. "No explanation? Nothing?"

"Look Luhan," she looked at him from head to toe. "you're extremely good looking." She said, earning a not so hidden smug smile from Luhan. Okay. Now I really need to punch him she thought but she had a point to make. "But I'm someone with zero romantic experience. Also someone you would soon loose interest in."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because it happens all the time." she said in a deadpanned manner. "Not that I really care." She wasn't interested in falling in love at the moment. All her focus was directed at her GPA that remained a consistent four-point-o since her first high school report card.

Looking away, Luhan thought for a moment. His eyes traveled back to her's and he had only one question, "Joohyun, have you ever been in love?"

"No and not anytime soon." She began taking steps back into the school building, after all she needed to retrieve the Calculus notes that she had discreetly stuffed into her locker earlier in the day. But of course, Luhan spoke up before she left.

"I can wait." he declared once again. His voice was confident. Seriously?

Nonetheless, the corners of Joohyun's lips twitched up. It was the start of a smile, at least. "But what if you're waiting for nothing?"

"But what if I'm waiting for something that's bound to happen?" he challenged. Without looking back, Joohyun shook her head. He was stubborn but she liked it.

"No one's stopping you, Luhan."


Days passed and Joohyun was already learning quite a lot about Luhan, whether she liked it or not. When their lunch schedules lined up, Luhan would somehow find where she was sitting and stay there, like a stray dog who just so happened to find someone nice enough to give him a little treat. There was one thing for sure about Luhan; he was extremely picky with food. For someone who was practically a star soccer player, he did not eat much greens. "I'm sick of them. My diet back in sophomore year only consisted of that type of , trust me." He would say with a teasing wink. Joohyun, however, would throw a look at his tomato-less hamburger and shake her head in disapproval. "Keep eating that and you'll die." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter