Final *

All That Matters

Seohyun didn’t know what was going through her mind when she agreed to date Hyoyeon. Maybe it was because Hyo had brought her favorite brand of goguma, or maybe it was because she in an oddly happy mood that day. Or maybe it was just the way that Hyoyeon made her smile with the simplest things she did for her like making sure she is always warm during cold days, or making her breakfast in bed after she had a tough schedule the day before. Whatever it was, she never regretted accepting Hyoyeon’s dating proposal— except at times like these.

“Hyoyeon Unnie please stop! Those are not samples!”

“Then why the hell do they have them out in the open like this huh? In Korean markets you can sample the product.”

“But Unnie, this isn’t Korea it’s an American Supermarket. They will kick us out for stealing please stop!” Seo whined.

Seohyun and Hyoyeon had agreed to travel to The United States and go to as many states as they could. However, Hyoyeon was not dealing well with the difference in culture and made multiple social faux passes. In New York, she had caused a traffic jam… on the SIDEWALK. How was she to know that you shouldn’t stop on a New York City sidewalk. It was not forewarned on the Korean tour guide booklet she had miraculously found. Nobody told her that in Florida, Publix Subs subs were never to be insulted (she didn’t find them all that delicious and made the mistake of saying so in broken English that just made everything worse). Who knew Texans followed football almost religiously and a slight comment on the Cowboys’ less than stellar season could start a fight. In hindsight, Seohyun probably should have seen this coming. Hyoyeon could be funny and the life of a party, but has a huge tendency to do and say stupid things. At least she wasn’t like Sooyoung or Taeyeon. Now that would be a disaster.

“Seobb, we should buy this. It tastes good. Best. Jelly beans. Ever.”

“*sigh* Ok Unnie, but please stop eating them now. Wait until we actually buy them”

It didn’t matter why Seohyun said yes to Hyoyeon. All that mattered was that she did and it was one of the best decisions she ever made.