Boundaries

Do You Think?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Kyuhyun would like to believe that it hadn't been just pure coincidental—he liked to believe that it was out of fate.

The first time Kyuhyun saw him, he already knew that something great was bound to happen to him. As it was, he was sure he felt something tugging on his heart—a thin but strong string perhaps—that seemed to draw him towards the man's presence; mysterious, secretive, but Kyuhyun could feel the sense of completion washing over him the more he looked at the man's back turned towards him. He thought that he was in some sort of a fairy tale: he was the prince walking around a castle and suddenly he would chance upon an angel playing wondrous music on the piano inside the music room.

At first, Kyuhyun didn't believe in love at first sight. He thought that it wasn't actually love, but rather, lust. Maybe it was because he was sure that one was just basing on the other's appearance, and one couldn't possibly see attitude in just a glance. However, when the man stopped playing the piano and stood up to turn his way towards Kyuhyun's direction, Kyuhyun found that perhaps it wasn't just lust.

There was a surge of admiration and affection too; rushing and pulsing warmly on his veins and his whole being.

Kyuhyun didn't know that it was possible to be captivated with just a single smile directed to him—a smile that would unknowingly open his eyes to the bright world around him.

--

Do you think that efforts make a difference after all?

People said that when in love, efforts actually wouldn't matter. Kyuhyun experienced it too beforehand; he tried all his best to court this one girl a long time ago, but he was sadly rejected because said girl already liked someone. Perhaps it was true, because people naturally ignore everyone around them if it meant that they could focus on that special someone they liked.

However, the pianist's smile, as Kyuhyun found out over sleepless nights, wouldn't leave his mind. The warm image of the man smiling was always running around his mind; constantly filling his thoughts with daydreams of what-if's and what-will-have's. It was slowly driving him insane—Kyuhyun had no idea it was because he was already enraptured with the man's beauty already—and so he tried to forget all his prejudices against love.

Maybe, if fate was on his side, his efforts could actually make a difference.

That was why he tried his best to ask around; hoping that someone in his college department knew the mysterious pianist. However, the result continued to be negative as no one had an idea concerning the man's name nor existence.

But it didn't deter the persevering and hopeful Kyuhyun, so he started to wait inside the music room every day after his classes; anxiously waiting for the day the man would come to play the piano again.

Days later, Kyuhyun's effort had been rewarded. He was rewarded with the man's name—Ryeowook—and another bright smile which suddenly made his heart skip a beat.

--

Do you think friends can have a chance at love?

There was this thin line between friendship and love; one that many people found dangerous to cross. A lot of humans were scared to take as much a small step across it in fear that all the years their friendship has been based upon would suddenly crumble. After all, shouldn't friends stay friends, even if there was already an invisible string pulling them together towards a romantic relationship?

Kyuhyun, however, refused to believe in that mindset.

It had already been months since he and Ryeowook met on that fateful day. And all those months had been spent knowing each other; spent on learning about the other's life—their past and present with the hope that they could spend their future together if they could build a support early on in their friendship.

And they found themselves harmonizing and being together like a team--a pair that apparently could balance and complete each other like a huge puzzle piece.

Kyuhyun, at first, had been ecstatic. Ryeowook turned out to be the best friend he never had; on the other hand, Ryeowook had been happy too for Kyuhyun became the brother he never had. They were always together spending time with each other, inseparable like glue, and they would often hang out outside away from other people's prying eyes.

Although, another flash of a smile directed towards him and Kyuhyun found himself yearning for more than friendship.

Twelve months into their friendship, Ryeowook agreed to be Kyuhyun's partner with a huge beaming smile full of love.

--

Do you believe fights make love stronger?

Kyuhyun smiled widely at the mirror; the bright surface on his wall reflecting a human being glowing with happiness and love. In all reality, he couldn't believe that, for once in his life, everything could go on a smoothly as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter